Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Aftermarket harness + headlight harness = ??

I'm getting ready to install my AAW classic update harness and I'm wondering what to do with my Painless headlight relay harness. I emailed AAW and just got a generic "our harness does not require relays to work" response.

Is a headlight harness necessary with an aftermarket harness? From what I understand, the headlight harnesses are basically so that the headlights get power directly from the battery so as to avoid the voltage drop from the headlight switch. I don't mind using it if it will help, but I already need another harness for my bi-xenon HID's, so if I can get rid of the Painless harness I'd love to.

Just trying to get rid of as much extra wiring as possible.
      Matt

69 Nova - 357, TKO600, Tru Turn, some other stuff, awaiting LS1 swap
      71 Duster - all stock, slant 6, automatic. awaiting HEMI/T56 swap

The painless harness is an add on. When you install your HID's you should replace it with the one for them. It is your choice to keep it or not with the AAW harness.
      Brad Shepard
      69 Malibu
      Marshall, MO

Hmm, guess I'll get the harness installed and measure the voltage at the headlights to see if I need the Painless harness or not.
      Matt

69 Nova - 357, TKO600, Tru Turn, some other stuff, awaiting LS1 swap
      71 Duster - all stock, slant 6, automatic. awaiting HEMI/T56 swap

Hey Matt i would use the harness for the HIDS and maybe sell the painless to some other NOVA guy thats building a NOVA that will also be installing a aww kit but with no HIDS,in there NOVA i think it would be better to have the relays on the headlights from what ive read,so the painless will work for him and his NOVA in california also hmmmm
      1972 NOVA SPEED TECH TORQUE ARM AND FRONT ARMS , RUSHFORTH NIGHT TRAINS, DRIVERZ INC
      BUILD LINK
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...t-(GREY-MATTER)

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com