Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

1967 RS/SS Camaro Where is the hazard flasher located???

I have a 1967 RS/SS Camaro. I installed LED brake lights which would blink fast when I hit my blinker but they would at least blink. Recently I installed some LED lights up front for the running lights/blinkers. Now when I hit the turn signal they just light up and wont blink at all whether I am using the OEM flasher unit or the electronic LED flasher which came with the front LED lights. I have been told that I may need to replace the hazard flasher as well with an LED electronic flasher but for the life of me I cannot locate this baby anywhere under my dash. The blinker flasher is a 2 prong connection located in my fuse panel under the dash. I have been told that the hazard flasher should be located under the dash by the steering column. I have searched high and low but cannot locate another connector or flasher. I was hoping someone would be able to point me in the right direction so I don't have to take my steering column apart and trace the hazard switch wiring down to locate it. I would also prefer not to install resistors since they would basically defeat the purpose of the LED lights with the low draw and the resistors also heat up and can become a potential for burning/melting hazards. Thanks in advance.

Country Flag: United States
      It should be snapped into a metal clip just above the emergency brake release handle. Mine is blue plastic, not aluminum.
      Last edited by David Pozzi; 07-21-2011 at 07:50 AM.
      67 Camaro RS that will be faster than anything Mary owns.

I located it yesterday! I had to pull my steering column down and remove my gauge cluster from the dash board. I located the turn signal wires coming from the steering column traced them to just behind the gauge cluster location, determined which wires were for the blinkers and then traced them through the wire harness. It happened to be tucked up away by the radio/ashtray area. Mine was aluminum. I pulled it out and replaced it with the electronic flasher and now all LED's blink perfectly!!! So the flasher in the fuse panel is only for the hazards and this other one is for the blinkers. I thought it was the other way around but I guess it makes sense because the hazard flasher in the fuse panel is probably on a constant power lead so that they can flash even when the car is off. Thanks for the reply

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com