Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

1965 Buick Riviera value.

I'm thinking about selling my 65 Buick Riviera but I'm unsure of how much its worth or what I should ask for it. I'm asking for everyone's thoughts.

Details about it
      All original with the 425 engine
      58000 miles showing unsure if its rolled over or not.
      Runs and drives good engine has a little blow by
      White interior in good shape the head liner has come un~sown in one place and wood trim needs replacing everything else is great. Original radio that works
      A/C comes on but doesn't cool.
      The body is in great shape and is rust free just needs painting and one dent in the fender repaired.
      All glass is in perfect shape
      Car has original floor mats, hub caps, owners Manuel showing original buyer and dealership that it was sold at.
      It sat inside a shop for about 15 years. I replaced the water pump, fuel pump, fuel lines, brake hoses front wheel cylinders and shoe's , spark plugs, wires, points, distributer cap, and rotor , to get it back on the road again.
      I'll try to post pictures tonight.

I'm in love. Let me know when you are ready to sell. Is that original paint? Hows all the weather stripping and moldings? Thanks.

1968 Chevelle 408 BBC,200 4r trans.
      1987 Buick Grand National all original
      1966 Chevy II Coupe 383 TCI Suspension
      1969 C10 Custom FS/SB Daily

the weater stripping needs replacing it haS gotten hard and is cracking. The moldings are in good shape. As far as I know it is the orginal paint. I'm still unsure if I really want to sell it.
      I'm wanting to get a cadillac cts-v the only way I can do that is to sell this and my 93 cobra.

Country Flag: Bosnia Herzegovina
      worth alot if thats an original calculator console. LOL j/k

These car are funny. You have to love the hell out of them to want to buy one.

also the amount of money they want for some of the parts on these is crazy. Good luck with the sale.

Vince
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

https://www.pro-touring.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4&dateline=1323422564
      Follow us on Facebook

I see these cars regularly on ebay. It's a good place to watch and get some idea of the market. If that is original paint and all the interior chrome is not pitted I think you should do well selling it. The GS models with dual carbs seem to get a good premium over the others.
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

I was doing some research on the car and there was only 2311 built with the 425 that was not a grand sport. All numbers match also.

$5-6K, I'm afraid. Everyone loves these cars, but the same people are afraid of the restoration cost vs value ratio -- myself included. The chrome plating bill alone can hit $10K and it's hard to get $15-$20K for a non GS car. That keeps the value down from where they should be, in my opinion. And what a shame. It's been a few years, but I sold a heavily optioned, restored 65 with great paint and a gorgeous interior for $11K. I haven't been following the prices in the last 12 months, but I'll guess that car's worth $14K??

I actually like the 1x4 cars from a start up-N-go standpoint.
      -Are the rear frame bushing mounts rotted?
      -Exhaust intact?
      -HVAC controls work?

I think your restored 65 would be worth upwards of the $14K you mentioned now but that's just me. I don't know what they go for but they list for higher than that in the Riview (Riv Owners Association Mag). This one is probably in the $6K range if there is no body brace rust.

That's a standard interior vs. the deluxe and it's manual windows too. Check the frame cross bracing and the seat mount for rust in the floor pans as those are common areas and no good repo's exist. The interior is complete which is good and if the system to open the headlight doors still works with the headlight switch than that's an extra bonus. Getting the doors to shut together is probably a rebuild job of new bushings on the linkages and adjusting them to work in sync.

Love Rivieras, I'm on my 3rd currently and I had a number matching (but utter rust pile) '65 GS back in the early 2000's. Consider joining the ROA to either sell it or help restoring it if you want.
      Central TEXAS Sleeper
      Experimental Physicist

'64 Riviera T-type: 4.1L Buick Turbo6, 4L80E, L67 OBDII SEFI swap

ROA# 9790

Quote Originally Posted by streetfytr68 View Post
      $5-6K, I'm afraid. Everyone loves these cars, but the same people are afraid of the restoration cost vs value ratio -- myself included. The chrome plating bill alone can hit $10K and it's hard to get $15-$20K for a non GS car. That keeps the value down from where they should be, in my opinion. And what a shame. It's been a few years, but I sold a heavily optioned, restored 65 with great paint and a gorgeous interior for $11K. I haven't been following the prices in the last 12 months, but I'll guess that car's worth $14K??

I actually like the 1x4 cars from a start up-N-go standpoint.
      -Are the rear frame bushing mounts rotted?
      -Exhaust intact?
      -HVAC controls work?
      the rear frame bushing mounts are in good shape the exhaust is intact other than mufflers. They were rusted out and I cut them off. The HVAC controls do work.

the only rust on the car is a small spot below the rear glass.

I will consider trading for a 93 reef blue fox coupe..

Also would be interested in grand national or t type without t-tops

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com