Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Stealth Bumblebee is a real thing

Tony Langlois
      1966 Corvair Monza

Well I have been lurking around these boards for a good time now, and keeping up with a lot of guys on here, until it is time to start on my project(67 camaro). And to say I am sadly disappointed in the blatant "biting" of Amir's personal dream, Vengeance.
      I have a picture of Vengeance as my background on my ipad, not to copy it but to give me inspiration to develop my car as a unique representation of my style, just as Amir did with his car.
      If the movie doesn't at least give you a credit or something at the end, I'll make sure I let everyone I know, where their inspiration came from.

Jalopnik dropped an article about it.

The word is out

http://jalopnik.com/did-transformers-4-rip-off-this-guys-design-for-the-ne-510655228

Edit: man a lot of those guys are digging on Vengeance like he is calling foul....
      1968 Dodge Coronet Deluxe

Build thread:https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...t-Deluxe-Build

"Make it three yards, motherf***er, and we'll have us an automobile race."

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
      Jalopnik dropped an article about it.

The word is out

http://jalopnik.com/did-transformers-4-rip-off-this-guys-design-for-the-ne-510655228

Edit: man a lot of those guys are digging on Vengeance like he is calling foul....
      Its too bad they did this. . . and its such a bad copy, literally like getting "mega blocks" and being told they are lego's

1967 Firebird "Poor-Boy Build"
      New updated thread
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...bird-(Updates)
      Follow me on Instagram @NaturalLivingMan

hey guys

home from work

Wow I didnt know there was so much confusion on what I am saying..

first off..

I never claimed I OWN anything but my car..
      I never said I want to sue ANYONE..
      I never claimed to be the first to do ANYTHING..
      I never invented fender flares..
      I never invented audi door handles.. ahah
      I never invented Vintage Trans Am racing or the usual modifications for it.
      etc..

All im saying is this.

The whole combination.. all of it.. TOGETHER is more than just a coincidence.
      For those who dont follow the pro touring movement and firstgen camaros in the first place immediately write off what im talking about as bull because they say everything has been done to a firstgen.. and to a degree in parts yes.. but the full combination of what was done on my car.. I would say only "Bumblebee" did practically all the same modifications.

look.. look at the whole thing as a whole..

Vengeance is a 1967.. ------------- Bumblebee is a 1967
      Audi door handles(because i was a mk3-er) ------------- Vette style handles that look like mine
      Blacked out wing windows ------------- Blacked out wing windows
      Front stabilizer bars ------------- Front stabilizer bars
      CF chinspoiler ------------- CF chinspoiler
      NewGen wheels in 19s ------------- NewGen wheels in 19s
      grey centers with gloss black lips ------------- grey centers with gloss black lips
      stepped lips(as the company couldnt make 18s in stepped) ------------- stepped lips
      shaved front lower valance.. ------------- shaved front lower valance.
      Vision mirrors(my old setup) ------------- Vision mirrors
      removed front window trim ------------- removed front window trim
      completely blacked out grille ------------- completely blacked out grille
      full length bumblebee stripe in carbon ------------- full length bumblebee stripe in yellow.

now.. none of those things above EITHER of us is the inventor of.. nor either of us is claiming.

but AS A WHOLE.. TOTAL PACKAGE..

isnt it a bit suspicious?

heres a pic of my car with the flares on comparison..

so with just a little pshop put a yellow stripe and take of my GranSport stripes

Can you all at least just put yourself in my shoes.. I do think its cool and im not mad just a little bummed.. just I know whats going to happen.. which some of you already said..

so please stop with the "he wants to get a suit going with Paramount"

Hell I would have been happy if they put Venny in the movie.. like if I was driving her by Bumblebee and it stops him in his tracks and scans it like the first movie to copy.. I would be STOKED on that!
      it would be a strait up "Hey optimus.. did you see that black camaro?.. hold up im going to change into thug mode"

Id be proud then..

but damn can i not have ANY credit for doing as a whole what i did to a 67 camaro?.. not in its individual parts but as a whole?.. please find another [b]67[b] with the EXACT same combinations of modifications.. all of them.. together on one car like mine... bumblebee happens to count off all on the checklist.

oh.. and funny thing is the guys that folks posted above suchs as the One Lap camaro are my homies.. we WOULD share similar modifications..

but other than that.. guys im cool.. please dont make this about money cause I have my own.. and I aint mad yall.. I really am not.

I just wanted to let it out.

Quote Originally Posted by MrQuick View Post
      I
      I don't know about you but that would make me feel pretty damn good. Everyone deserves a good ego stroke.shut up zbugger
      Shhhhhh.....
      Allen Ortega
      Meanstreets Performance Fabrication

---------------------------------------

Vegetarians are the reason for global warming

I think it is flattering that they clearly used Vengeance as a benchmark for Bumblebee and I can see how that would be frustrating from your end. Just keep in mind that the people that know cars know Vengeance came first and looks 10x better in any form then Bumblebee.....

I'd be lying if I said that aspects of your cars haven't inspired aspects on mine but I would never make a carbon copy of anyone's car.

I think folks think I am not flattered..

matter of fact.. I am..

but..

its the wave of bootleg Vengeances that will surely come and the inevitable "hey thats a bumblebee clone right?"

thats why this has all be a weird on the fence torn in my emotions kindof thing..

now they out there trying to make it seem like im butthurt or something.. thats hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.VENGEANCE View Post
      nothing has changed in the interior.. still pushing the same for now.. the seats are still my day to day ones.

Where did you get he gauge cluster?

Hollywood steals ideas all the time, just the way it is there, its a tough biz.

But its too bad the spoils go to the copier, not the inovator....just sayin....

They would probably argue that the stripe is a different color and they don't have the hash marks on the Fenders and their rear fender flares are bigger and the splitter supports are positioned differently. The car is very close and I'd be pissed but I don't think a law suit would be the way to go. I think I would send Bay a pic of your car with a letter saying (WTF dude!) Just to mess with him. I'm not a fan of the movies, I watched the first one and that was it. I wasn't impressed. To me the battle scenes were too confusing and you couldn't tell which robot was which. And as far as I was concerned the ratty 74 Camaro was way cooler than the new one. No matter what Hollywood does your Camaro is awesomeness and what every they build can't compare. Besides that one is already sitting on a backlot collecting dust.
      There are 2 factors in Autocross, Tires and the loose nut behind the wheel.

Paul Grala
      69 Mach 1 project (For Sale)
      78 Cobra
      87 GT
      98 Expedition

..isn't imitation the best form of flattery??

Amir, you are still the shiznit as far as this pro-touring /resto mod movement is concerned! Venny has been and will continue to be an inspiration/ benchmark for all! I, for one, will be proud to say that "Bumblebee" is fashioned after one of the coolest cars in Hot-lanta!!

MR Vengeance/Amir. I hope this ""sparks"" you of, in being more eager to produce the fender flares with a Vengeance. As with the free PR they would sell like hot cakes. (as long as you sell them to me first)

Country Flag: UK
      hey guys

Hell I would have been happy if they put Venny in the movie.. like if I was driving her by Bumblebee and it stops him in his tracks and scans it like the first movie to copy.. I would be STOKED on that!
      it would be a strait up "Hey optimus.. did you see that black camaro?.. hold up im going to change into thug mode"
      This would be good, at least it's a recognition of the original

Anyway, the fender flares on Bumblee (why is it not all yellow as before?!) are way too big, Vengence is more well thought out

I think folks think I am not flattered..

matter of fact.. I am..

but..

its the wave of bootleg Vengeances that will surely come and the inevitable "hey thats a bumblebee clone right?"

thats why this has all be a weird on the fence torn in my emotions kindof thing..

now they out there trying to make it seem like im butthurt or something.. thats hilarious.
      It's kind of odd that people think you're butt-hurt, since it clearly states basically the same thing you said above in the story. And I'd be more than pissed if people started associating my baby with a f*cking blockbuster movie.

I actually commented on the bumblebee thread that I hate hate hate fender flares, especially when they look half-assed like on the T4 car. Then of course they show your car, and I decided they're growing on me -- well, for Venny, at least. The subtle differences make all the difference in the world. It's like comparing a bottle of Seagram's 7 with Glenfiddich just because they're both whiskey.

nothing has changed in the interior.. still pushing the same for now.. the seats are still my day to day ones.

I just Noticed the Lyrics to Danzig's Mother on Your Glove Box, Awesome \m/

I think anyone with car knowledge or eyes can see how cohesive Vinny is compared to the bumblemess.

Seems minimalism was the idea behind Vinny, barebones and raw.

With the bumble bee car it just looks like a bunch of random junk thrown together. Half-assed. The funny thing is....they have to budget to make a dream car for the ages...yet the knock off a car with a bigger budget...and cant even hold a flame to it.

I wonder what shop signed up to build the bumblebee car. Hey money is money when you are running a business but man i wonder what their thoughts on this whole situation are.
      1968 Dodge Coronet Deluxe

Build thread:https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...t-Deluxe-Build

"Make it three yards, motherf***er, and we'll have us an automobile race."

Any word on the availability of those fender flares? I love them and need some for my car. Thanks, Pat

this you big guy?
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      -Bennyhaha

ahahha

yup thats my lil man!

I am the daddy of two lil boys!

thats my oldest son.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com