Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Yup I hear ya there, just saying it'd be nice to have EFI running at its optimum all the time versus the carbureted engine, which is almost always a compromise. My thinking is just that it will give you more usable power.

Either way, it's going to be a sharp car you've got there!

-matt

Country Flag: United States

New front grille

I swapped in the new front grille today and removed the horse and coral. I think it gives the car a much more serious and mean look!Name:  IMG_0953.JPG
Views: 661
Size:  77.0 KB

Well it seems that my plans for the car sort of exceed my budget! LOL so I've decided to come up with a new build plan. Since I've already spent money rebuilding the engine I've decided to go back to the idea of a turbo six banger with an efi system. But to keep costs down I'm going to use a megasquirt system and an ebay turbo kit.
      This will be backed by a short shifted t5 transmission. Suspension wise I really like the control freak's front coilover and rear 4 link setup. It looks like a good setup and it won't break the bank either. I will use the 8 inch rear end that I already have and pick up some v8 spindles along with the v8 steering setup that way I can run 5 lug wheels. I'll probably go with a wilwood disc brake kit for the front and a summit kit for the rear. and finally I plan on using some torq thrust look a likes off of ebay in 17x7's for the front and 17x8's for the back. I think that covers the basics for my new plan. After crunching the numbers this setup seems to be able to keep me within budget with a little extra room for all of the misc items that we always overlook.

Blow Through Carb

I've been doing a lot of research into blow through carbs as well as megasquirt to see which setup would be easier and more cost effective. I'm kind of leaning more towards a blow through carb now since I don't think it will be that big of a difference in performance. While on the internet the other day I found this company that sells a blow through holley two barrel carb. This would be perfect for my application. Here's the link: http://www.lowbugget.com/main_page.html let me know if you guys think it will work?

You might look here http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php . There is alot of info on blow thru carbs in the carbination section. Nothing wrong with a blow thru. I have had a blow thru on my '66 for years. It has a centrifugal SC. I have run it at 7 & 9 psi. I modified my carb myself. With a turbo, I would run a boost referenced power valve and bowl vent extensions. This will help since boost is none linear with a turbo.
      Last edited by cobraguy65; 01-10-2012 at 05:17 AM. Reason: cant spell
      '66 Mustang
      '67 FireBird https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...light=firebird
      '68 Barracuda
      '69 Mustang Mach 1
      '97 Mustang Cobra
      '04 Mustang Cobra

Oh, if you stick with the six banger let me know. I have a few holset HX30 & HX40 turbo's that might work. I would sell one reasonable. I have a couple of garret T3's I am going with instead.
      '66 Mustang
      '67 FireBird https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...light=firebird
      '68 Barracuda
      '69 Mustang Mach 1
      '97 Mustang Cobra
      '04 Mustang Cobra

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com