Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Nelson Racing Engines

Does anyone out there know anything about the condition of Nelson Racing Engines and their business. They have not answered their phone or returned any email's for weeks. Are they still in business? Are they having problems? Thanks for any info!!!! 70chevelles

Tom is hard to get ahold of and is usually backed up with business. I've been to his shop and he has 4-5 builds going on at once. Nice guy and amazing work. Communication is tough though.

Thanks for your return. I was just concerned. I have a motor near completion there, and we cannot get any info out of them. No return phone calls, or emails. Needless to say, we have a large amount of pre-pay in their hands, and they do not answer to any correspondence. Should I be alarmed? I appreciate any information you may be able to add!! Thanks a-lot!!

Tom is a stand up guy I here nothing but good things about him the last time we spoke was about a month ago

thanks, that makes me feel a little bit better.

He's too busy trying to go 300 MPH.. (Note the sarcasm).
      http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...-supercar.html
      Todd S.

"I like to race school buses..."

Country Flag: United States
      I would not deal with him again.Three years to get a motor out of him.No phone call back,flew out for dyno pull motor not done.bs

just my 2 cents
      Scott C

I had to contact my credit card company to get my $1500.00 deposit back after 3 months of no return calls and no email response. I was buying some billet valve covers that he said would be machined along with another batch "next week". Guaranteed I would have them in less than 3 weeks. I posted a thread similar to this one and asked if anyone knew how to get in touch with him. I got a whole bunch of PM's telling me to get my money back and run, so I did.
      Greg

Thanks for this thread. I've been looking for someone on the west coat to send my LS7 to. I was looking into these guy's until I read how they treat customers. No thanks!
      69 Camaro
      Art Morrison C6 Subframe
      Art Morrison Tri-4 link

I have never had anyone build me an engine and never will. Building the engine is the funnest part of hot rodding. I had a BLAST building my LS1 and learning about all the new technology that went into it. I understand that some people might not have the means but if you do I highly recommend it.
      1968 Pro-Touring Camaro LS1

Project: Next Year
      - Start date; June '01
      - Completion; Sometime next year or the year after.....

Quote Originally Posted by trapin View Post
      I have never had anyone build me an engine and never will. Building the engine is the funnest part of hot rodding. I had a BLAST building my LS1 and learning about all the new technology that went into it. I understand that some people might not have the means but if you do I highly recommend it.
      I've built several succesful BBC in my boats and hot rods. Quite honestly the money spent to have someone go through the LS7 is mearly to protect my investment. I'd rather spend another 5k on having it gone through with forged pistons and upgrades by a professional then dyno'd and delivered than trying to figure all that out while dialing in the suspension on my car.

I want to compete with the big dogs on the track, not wrench on a engine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-BZyqfTMsk
      69 Camaro
      Art Morrison C6 Subframe
      Art Morrison Tri-4 link

News to me, I have only heard good things about this shop..

Good luck,

If you put money in someones hand and now you can't get a hold of him, thats a RED FLAG rite there! ..Too busy is not an excuse if he has already taken money.

CDog, I sent you PM.

building great engines and good customer service are two completely different things and sadly, most people can't do both.
      Keith C.

Don't stress I honestly think the end result will be a 1000 times better ,and don't let other members discourage you remember your paying for top notch service,Quality and craftsmanship

This exact thread pops up around here about once a quarter. No excuse for such crappy customer service. Hire someone to answer phones and emails. Done........
      Todd

Quote Originally Posted by trapin View Post
      x2 feel the same way. Nothing like firing up the engine for the first time knowing you put it all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
      This exact thread pops up around here about once a quarter. No excuse for such crappy customer service. Hire someone to answer phones and emails. Done........
      Exactly...how hard is it?
      If communication isn't your strong suit,hire someone to man the phones and help talk your customers off the ledge before they reverse charges...
      '67 Buick Skylark GS400 funny car "Ingenue" 8/10 HRM / Gasoline (Swedish) cover & feature 2/12
      World's only Buick-powered Buick Funny Car!
      Used to be known as musclecarjohn

www.buickfunnycar.com
      http://www.facebook.com/ingenuebuickfunnycar

Quote Originally Posted by ironcampig View Post
      Don't stress I honestly think the end result will be a 1000 times better ,and don't let other members discourage you remember your paying for top notch service,Quality and craftsmanship
      Quality and craftsmanship yes, but I would not call no return phone calls 'paying for top notch service'. If you've ever had a boatload of duckets out there with no return phone calls (I have) for a long period of time you'd know it'll make you climb the walls...
      Ron in SoCal
      69 Camaro in progress
      http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=31246

Used to be known as flash911

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast