Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

77 pontiac formula 400 gets a second chance!

btw not a bs story pics to come!living in the rustbelt there are alot of junk projects,last year this time my pals tow shop in wi, towed in an extremely clean 77 formula 400,aside from the top engine fire it suffered fire dept sawed the hood in an ''x'' to extinguish and was put out quick t so it was minor i told him if it wasnt claimed by customer or insurance let me know and a year went by with no response,end result i bought because insurance didnt want the car, after negotiating a price of 500 dollars he kept the snowflakes,turns out car is from albuquerque new mexico,it came factory with 400 cid, auto, a half vinyl top,white vinyl seats,all else is blue,rear factory console between seat,8 track center console,ac,wdw,locks,cruise,all sheetmetal is original and rustfree even under vinyl top obvious it was always garage kept.my other car is a 79 ta on my profile,''protour it with stock exterior look''?

Country Flag: Australia
      Very cool.....what a great find!
      Definately pro-tour it - with a stock(ish) look....maybe Year One 17x9 Snowflakes or their 17x9 Rally IIs....they look great and will give you some good sized rubber.
      Regards,
      Leigh

Sydney, Australia
      1971 Firebird 455

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...Project/page27

Thanks Leigh!today i pulled the fenders and wheelhousings,time to start putting bolts in labeled plastic bags''pb blaster'' it works!a little bit everyday will get it done,no rush ive got the transam. talk to you soon!
      Attached Images Attached Images  

We need more pictures of the TA too please

Welcome to the site and good luck with the formula
      Trey

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
      ~ Jon Hammond

1979 WS6 Trans Am stock LT1/T56 drive train out of my Formula. BMW M-parallel rims. C5/C6 brakes

build thread https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=begins

Name:  047.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  310.4 KBName:  car pics sema 007.jpg
Views: 1106
Size:  218.9 KBTrey thx for the welcome!,ill do my best to get some more pics on here,btw its not the most fun disassembling the formula in a 2.5 car garage next to the ta but i manage ,i got the front clip off except the nose since it was flat bedded to my house last sunday,ill post some interior,engine,undercarriage pics in spring as its winter here and car is on jackstands.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com