Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Christine SRT-8...

Hmm as I look at parts to put this thing back to original my eyes get wider and wider.

These cars aren't safe at all so Ill need a cage and then i go screw it.

6.4 Hemi....

Its Gold/Red but I guess I would have to go with Christine colors... Its a 58 Belvedere, this is the "good" side, needs drivers quarter, fenders, front glass(ranges from 600-2000$), floorpan, trunk, interior etc. Its a Canadian car with a 313 poly, I may keep the engine as conversation piece I am "pondering" an interior swap but that is very tricky and has to "fit" very well(no west coast/pimp my ride hacking here)... its a long car(same floor as a 4 door, I was considering hacking about a foot and a half out of the middle but thats insane).

Name:  PTChristine.jpg
Views: 852
Size:  93.2 KB

Oh WOW. This is, not gonna lie, one of my favorite cars of all time. I grew up around 50's cars, and the 58 Plymouth has made the top of my bucket list of cars. Can't wait to see the progress!
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

Yeah the car was on my bucket list also, so when showed up on CL local I had to get it...

Just ordered front windshield and fenders... Its going to be a while until i get really get to cutting into it

Maybe Christine RT sounds better... Christine SRT...

Freaky Movie, but Beautiful Car. Can't wait to see what you do with it! Too bad she won't just rebuild herself like in the movie.

Got my attention. Subscribed.

~Tony

My Car: 1972 Mustang Mach 1
      . It's a decent roller, and that's about it, for now. Gotta start somewhere.

Hate to break the bad news to you, but Christine was a 57 Fury.

Uhhhh no, Christine was definitely a 58 Fury, and that's arguable as there were no red Fury's built. It had the gold Fury trim I think and bumper wings, but no badging, and it's not actually called a Fury in the film, so it would more closely align with being a Belvedere. The book had a Fury 4 door, which didn't exist at all in the 50's.
      Last edited by CampbellshotrodsAZ; 04-23-2014 at 04:11 PM. Reason: added info
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

There were several cars used to film the movie, but the movie's story held that Christine was a 1958 Fury. There's a shot in the movie that shows a bunch of the cars on the assembly line, all in white paint. Christine was the only one in red, which always suggested to me that Christine was a special order car. None of this matters of course, and I apologize for my contribution to hijacking this thread. Still, I'm subscribed, and watching with interest.
      ~Tony

My Car: 1972 Mustang Mach 1
      . It's a decent roller, and that's about it, for now. Gotta start somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Knoxferatu View Post
      There were several cars used to film the movie, but the movie's story held that Christine was a 1958 Fury. There's a shot in the movie that shows a bunch of the cars on the assembly line, all in white paint. Christine was the only one in red, which always suggested to me that Christine was a special order car. None of this matters of course, and I apologize for my contribution to hijacking this thread. Still, I'm subscribed, and watching with interest.
      all kinds of stuff was jacked in the book, I mean internet nerds still fight over it.
      it was supposed to be a Belair initially but I 57's had starting going up in price already.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com