Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Another Bead Roller thread..

I've been reading all the threads I can on bead rollers and am almost ready to purchase. Several of the rollers shown in the other thread would be ideal but I feel that they are not cost effective given what I want to do.
      At this time I think I am relegated to either one of the Eastwood rollers or this one I found on Ebay here. I think the ebay roller is actually more than I need though at the present time.
      http://cgi.ebay.com/18-1-2-Bead-Roll...item33661ef303
      One plus for this unit is it appears that adding a DC gearmotor to it may not be too difficult.

What I'll be working on are some new dress up panels for my engine bay and I'll be working primarily with 22gauge aluminum panels. Nothing structural.

Harbor freight is out since there are none within 100 miles of me.

So, what do you guys think I would be better off with? Would this one from Eastwood be ok to work with or should I go for the ebay unit?

The is the Eastwood unit but it only comes with one die and has a limited assortment of additional dies.
      http://www.eastwood.com/ew-bead-roll...tem-basic.html

1986 Monte SS, 427 sbc, Victor E manifold, FAST TB, FAST XFI, T56 6spd, Moser M9 rear 3:70, SC&C G5, Spohn lowers, Pole Position Uppers, Alston Coil Overs, Pirelli all around

Country Flag: United States
      the ebay one looks a bit more sturdy and does come with more dies, I think I would opt for that one personally.
      Tom

trailers are for boats and broke stuff.

Country Flag: United States
      The design of the ebay one def looks more sturdy than the east wood one. The harbor freight roller looks very similar to the east wood and I was not too impressed with the finishes it created.

I would make sure that the arbor size for the dies is somewhat standard so you can buy more rolling dies and not get stuck with just the ones that come with the bead roller. (The HF model uses some strange size.)

Robert

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com