Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

check out my suspension list

Well i have a 67 GTO and the car will be mainly just a street car with a few auto-x meets for fun unless i really get hooked on it. here is what I am thinking about so let me know if there is anything i should change that would be better.

-Stock frame with an a-body frame boxing kit i have already purchased along with fully welding the frame.

FRONT

-SC&C street comp stage 2 with AFX spindles
      -SPC lower control arms (thinking about boxing the stock ones)
      -DSE front coilover kit
      -Hotchkis steering rebuild kit
      undecided on sway bar

REAR

-DSE rear coilover kit
      -DSE chassis brace
      -Currectrac upper adj. control arms
      -Currectrac lower Billet arms
      -Fays 2 Watts Link
      undecided on swaybar
      67 GTO, LS2, T56

WILWOOD, FORGELINE, RIDETECH

A definite on my list is a Lee Steering Box.
      (SC&C)
      John at SC&C
      Savitske Classic and Custom
      NEW # 610-381-6100

'87 Buick Regal Turbo T - Since New
      Lots of SC&C, Fays2 Watts Link
      Boze Pro Touring wheels,
      Baer 13" Pro+ & SS4+
      Shaved door handles
      Custom S/S Exhaust

Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      I was planning on boxing the lowers on my car until talking to SC&C. Mark told me the SPC arms moved the lower ball joint 1/2" forward to assist in caster generation. Since I'm currently scraping the rear of the inner fender with any kind of steering input, amd want to add additional caster, I went forward w/ the SPC arms.

Just a data point you may want to consider.
      Greg Fast
      (yes, the last name is spelled correctly)

1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino
      1973 MGB vintage E/Prod race car
      (Soon to be an SCCA H/Prod limited prep)

Quote Originally Posted by Twentyover View Post
      I was planning on boxing the lowers on my car until talking to SC&C. Mark told me the SPC arms moved the lower ball joint 1/2" forward to assist in caster generation. Since I'm currently scraping the rear of the inner fender with any kind of steering input, amd want to add additional caster, I went forward w/ the SPC arms.

Just a data point you may want to consider.

Was going to post the same thing. I believe Hotchkis and DSE also have added caster at the LBJ too...
      Nick DiPrenda

You got any brakes on that list of stuff?
      1971 Camaro, 383 stroker ~500HP,M21 Trans with lightened flywheel. All Sorts of Auto-x Goodness in the Suspension. 12" Brakes ->SOLD

But ask me about my 2004 STi Auto-x car...

Just call me Brett

Ok thanks guys! I will definitely get some type of tubular control arm then.

Anyone have any input on sway bars? I would love a splined sway bar but wow are they expensive.

Yes i know exactly what i'm doing for brakes, and i haven't seen anyone on here with the setup so i wont let that cat out of the bag until i get them.
      67 GTO, LS2, T56

67gotman455 -

What a great car to be working on. When you get ready to make your purchases, give us a call. We've done some serious testing on our own cars and we saw some positive results from the recent Super Chevy suspension test.

Hotchkis Hot Wheels GTO

Super Chevy Video

hey i have that HotWheels car! haha. I sure will give you a call.....when i have money, and dont expect that to be soon lol. I'm just trying to get everything on paper so i know what comes next. thank you!
      67 GTO, LS2, T56

Quote Originally Posted by 67goatman455 View Post

Anyone have any input on sway bars? I would love a splined sway bar but wow are they expensive.
      Which splined bars were you looking at? I ask cause my splined bar was the least expensive part. Actually less expensive than the extra bar I now have thats from air ride tech.

I have SPC upper arms. Modified TCI lowers. And some air ride shockwaves. So after I got everything assembled and in a rough alignment I did ALOT of measuring and came up with the bar length I needed and the arm length then whet to speedway engineerings site and found the correct bar for the size and rate. The bars are only ninty bucks, the arms I think 35 or 40 each. Some pillow blocks were not bad. Oh, and their collars. I went with some QA1 rod ends for the links.

Speedway engineering is a decent company. They actually supply alot of after market companies with their spindled roll bars. JR

I was looking at the DSE but its over $800. i'm not even sure who else sells them. i guess ill look around and take a look at Speedway. Thanks J!
      67 GTO, LS2, T56

Re: DSE front coilover setup. I have it on my car and if had to do over again would either use ATS coilover brackets instead or skip the coilovers and use regular ( but heavy duty) springs and good shocks. Do a search......bottom line is with DSE Fronts one has to remove the entire coilover by disconnecting the ball joint which defeats the purpose of adjustable coilovers. Just my 02 cts worth. Do a search on here for front coilover conversions
      David Beckstrom DVM

I also have a hot wheels car. and love my lee steering box.. would put it on the must have list with everything else you are doing.. sounds like a great set-up

here is the model

Last edited by newbe60; 01-30-2011 at 07:01 AM. Reason: ...

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com