Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

04-06 GTO Seats with Manual Sliders

Hello All-

This is my first post so I will give some background info. My name is Jacob and I drive a 2002 Chevy Camaro Z28 that I have owned since new. I've mulled around this site for pics and ideas, but now need some help. I have searched long and hard, but hit a road block. I currently have Sparco Torinos in my car, but want to swap them out for the GTO seats. My problem is, I don't want to lose the low seating position I have come to love in my car, so I investigated by removing the brackets and power mechanism. My question now is, where is the motor for the reclining mechanism? I assume those three motors on the bracket are for the sliding, and the tilt for the front and the rear, so that leaves the reclining of course. The seat still feels quite heavy, so I assume it may be integrated, but I am not certain; nor do I know which connection I should be using. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

The car in question:

I figured it out. In case anyone is interested, the motor for the recliner is located behind the seatback, so removing the entire bottom bracket with the three motors and mounting manual sliders will still allow you to run a power wire for the reclining feature only.

I would love to see what you work out with those seats. The seats in my 2004 GTO were really comfortable so I would like to put a set in my Chevelle, but I need to keep as much head room as I can.

ShaneG

Used to be known as PT Judge

Sure thing. Will try and remember to post up pictures when I get around to it. I can tell you right off the bat that its much lower already; and much lighter too!

the seat brackets for the 04-06 gto can be modified by cutting off the rear mounting tab and drilling a 5/16 hole into the center of the track about 1" from the rear for a stud to come thru. this allows the seat to go as low as it can and still retain ALL power functions. you will have to weld new studs in the floor(and reinforce around it) I have installed these seats in a 65 GTO and I have plenty of headroom (i am 6'1")and am very comfy

Quote Originally Posted by Amatouring View Post
      I would love to see what you work out with those seats. The seats in my 2004 GTO were really comfortable so I would like to put a set in my Chevelle, but I need to keep as much head room as I can.
      Yeah, they are high, but I like them in my car. They are comfy seats!

crustysack- I wish I did that method first before chopping up the harness. In any event, the seats are separated from the base and having weighed the brackets I removed, I have eliminated 18 pounds off each seat. Now, my car is no race car, but it is still a good feeling to know I removed weight and still got the desired seating position.

Now, if only this snow would let up so I can get around to installing them!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com