Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Hotchkis Springs

I just bought a set of hotchkis 550 rate springs with a 2" drop for my 69. Of course I found this board after the fact and now am wondering if 550 is to soft but when I bought them they were the highest I could find. I plan in running mostly street with the some track days. The car will have a t56 383 sbc Qa1 dampers 12 SSBC brakes. Im also looking for a sway bar recomendation? Thanks

Vince

no reason to throw them out.you might even try poly bushings on your current bar first.try it and then make chages if you have problems.

maybe not

Like spanky said, do not toss them. The springs may not be to soft. In fact, some who prescribe to the thinking of soft springs and a stiff bar(insert joke now) may think they are too stiff. IMO they may be a bit soft, but that also depends on what you plan on doing with the car. If it mainly a driver with little track time, you will be ok.

I know you can get bars from Hotchkis and Adco. A one inch solid or 1 1/8 hollow bar should be OK.
      Brian

Those spring are pretty damn nice if you ask me. On an open track only car I would probably want a 750-1000# spring, but if the car sees street use that isn't a good option
      1971 Camaro, 383 stroker ~500HP,M21 Trans with lightened flywheel. All Sorts of Auto-x Goodness in the Suspension. 12" Brakes ->SOLD

But ask me about my 2004 STi Auto-x car...

Just call me Brett

Vince,

I installes these springs on my 68 camaro convertible. They were a big step up from my 20 year old stock springs. They are, in my opinion, perfect for street. They give a tight ride for about the first 15,000 Miles then soften alittle. I have had them for three years. It s a daily driver and my springs have over 35000 miles and are doing great. If you are running a good set of adjustable shocks then I think you will be very Satisfied as long as you are going g-Machine not Formula-1.Ha HA.

Good luck, Joe Hamm

Thanks for all the help guys
      Vince

I have those same springs on my '68, and I can say that i'm pretty happy with the ride/handling. I run 40 series 17 inch tires on the street, and I can tell you that I would not want a stiffer spring. With an 1 1/8" hollow bar, the body roll is very minimal.
      Andy

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com