Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Centerline Wheels

Hello,

Please look at the following Centerline Wheels and let me know your opinion...Great Pricing on popular PT diameters and widths with custom backspacing!

Name:  cl2.jpg
Views: 11832
Size:  32.4 KBName:  cl4.jpg
Views: 5632
Size:  34.8 KBName:  cl3.jpg
Views: 5791
Size:  36.3 KBName:  cl1.jpg
Views: 8538
Size:  38.4 KBName:  cl5.jpg
Views: 3588
Size:  33.0 KBName:  cl6.jpg
Views: 3768
Size:  39.9 KB

I like most of them, only issue I have with Centerline is that some people have had issues with quality (wheels that won't balance/out of round) and poor follow-up customer service. I would actaully be more comfortable buying them through a third parts like PTS so if there was an issue I would have someone to push Centerline to make it right. The other issue is widths, I do not thnk they make an 18x11 or 18x12 which would be nice for the rears. Can PTS get these custom powdercoated if the customer desires?
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...847#post798847

I bought some cr1 centerlines back in september from centerline. They were awesome wheels and they custom finished them for me. Great price as well. The only issue was the advertised weight was 4 and 6 lbs less than the actual weight. The other thing was no metal valve stems would fit so I had to modify a set. Other than that they balanced great and look fantastic on the car. I still havent driven the car though.

I ordered a set of Retro's directly from Centerline last July, and the customer service I received was great, they were always available by phone, and customer-friendly, even though you could tell it was busy.
      I was given a tentative date for wheel assembly and shipping, they were on the ball with meeting the dates, I received an e-mail the date when they shipped, and the wheels arrived actually a day ahead of the 3 week estimate we started from.
      I was very pleased with their service, and the quality.

DiscountTire mounted them for me with their steel valves, which have a narrow base to fit in, they have no leaks, even after sitting around for a week or 2. If I can find some shorter valve stems that fit; I may swap them.
      The guys at Discount were mesmerized with the wheels, Billet wheels look so much better than bling-chrome.
      A third party vendor with a bit of time and handshaking, could definitely improve the experience, the 3 week wait time seemed like 3 months.
      Dave
      84 Monte SS - just a few bolt-ons

Good to hear positive feedback. Bryce, loving your wheels on the Falcon, thinking of something similar on mine but in flat/stain black for a more sinister "all business" look. Anyone know if centerline can do custom hoops, 11" or 12" wide. I know they make a 15" wide 20 but that is just crazy, more pro street than pro touring.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...847#post798847

I like a lot of their newer designs.

When I sold wheels I loved selling c/l because they were light and high quality - no comebacks. Then again ARE used to be high quality and I hear differently now.
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

Quote Originally Posted by LowFast View Post
      Good to hear positive feedback. Bryce, loving your wheels on the Falcon, thinking of something similar on mine but in flat/stain black for a more sinister "all business" look. Anyone know if centerline can do custom hoops, 11" or 12" wide. I know they make a 15" wide 20 but that is just crazy, more pro street than pro touring.

Unfortunately Centerline is very limited in options...

Quote Originally Posted by LowFast View Post

I got a set of 17x11 telstars from them.

I like the first wheel if the center could be powdercoated gunmetal or satin black. What would a set of these run in 18x 8's in front and 18x 10's to fit a 67 camaro.
      David Butler
      "If you're not first, you're last"
      67 Camaro Twin Turbo SBC (changing from Blow-thru to Holley HP EFI)

I've had Centerline wheels on a few cars now and I really like them. I have 18" Competition Stage II wheels on my Fairlane. I think they are nice for the price.

Name:  20100422151007_stageii.jpg
Views: 3958
Size:  41.2 KB

"Project Scarelane" - 1967 Ford Fairlane 500XL Pro-Tour

Nice car.... I am using 18" Boulevards on my 1967 442 project. I love the look and have had no problems so farName:  image.jpg
Views: 2700
Size:  148.6 KB

Be careful. I have had Centerline wheels on order for 12 weeks and they just got delayed 5 more weeks. About to cancel........ Summit has been great to deal with, but Centerline has not.
      Shannon

67 Camaro - Finally getting to BUILD it.

Camaro Build -> HERE

Our Drag boat blog and videos HERE

I went ahead and canceled my order. Each time I had Summit call Centerline, it was the same answer......"were machining the centers"......etc.

Not sure why there's such a long delay. Originally ordered 6/11/14. I went with Budnik Chicanes.
      Shannon

67 Camaro - Finally getting to BUILD it.

Camaro Build -> HERE

Our Drag boat blog and videos HERE

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com