Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Valspar

Country Flag: United States

Valspar

Has anyone ever use this VALSPAR refinishing I have some epoxy primer/sealer..... is it any good

Valspar makes all of the house of color base products for them last I heard still. You can't beat Valspar products when it comes to coatings.

what is it you are using it on?
      May The Horsepower Be With You !!!

I have a 81 trans am that I want to do the bodywork then epoxy primer... I stripped the car to bare metal.... I never used this before and want to know if this is the way to go... Should I use this on bare metal after the bodywork has been completed...also can I spray another type primer to like a high build (to block and sand)......

I've used Valspar line for long time till Kemperly came into town and my usual distributor lost Valspar,so I quit using it,never had any problems,loved their ColorFill tintable sealer,can't comment on the epoxy you got,get product tech sheet to get all the instructions and what this product is compatable with
      Do what's right,not what's easy
      69 Firebird
      71 Cuda
      98 Supra 6speed white APU
      98 Lexus GS400tt widebody

Elite Custom Body
      Stefan B.

Epoxy primer/sealer is to be used as a topcoat over your finishing bodywork to seal it from moisture-it's not meant to be used as a bare metal primer. You need to use an etching primer which gives it a phosphorous coating which allows high build primer to "stick" to it. Then, you'll want several medium coats of high build primer to start working/blocking with.
      After you get your initial blocking done with 320 grit, spray a couple of light-medium coats of primer surfacer/sealer to "seal in" your finishing work, then lightly block with 600 grit and you're ready for your initial topcoat. This is an overview of the process-I'm doing a base/clear, 2-tone finish on a customers 79 Monte which I thought about doing a step by step process....there's alot to a show quality paint finish.
      "...if at first you don't succeed, try again.
      If you still don't succeed, then quit-no sense being a damn fool about it..."
      -W.C. Fields

HARNESSWORX
      (formerly gmachinz)

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com