Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post

Apparently its a common thing there. Now I keep an eye out for cars without placards.
      I support this. I would have waited for her to come out, confront him/her on video tape and post it on youtube. Embarrassing these people who do such things might be the only way to change their attitude.

Country Flag: United States
      you did the right thing. I would have loved to see the look on her face when she came back out to her hybrid Lexus. I wouldn't have worried about her hitting you with her driving that she wouldn't dare scratch her probably rented (leased) Lexus. Hell I would have left her less than 4" got my coffee and sat close to watch her expression then let her sit longer. then come back to the car and if she gave me ANY grief, well time to walk the dog again. Great job hope that beeoch learned a lesson. Nice Camaro btw.

Deleted.

Bryanboy joined to make that comment. thanks for deleting it.

I didn't delete it. A moderator did. I did report it. I had responded to him and realized he was a troll so I deleted my comment.

Congrats Dane, your stories of administering parking lot justice via somewhat extralegal means has now been spread across the internet.

http://jalopnik.com/5723424/dont-par...-handicap-spot

Matt

has this thread been officially upgraded from epic to legendary now? Well CSU pomona is pretty good about watching handicap spots, quite a few people come in with $413 tickets most have legit placards and are cool while we wave the ticket. But then there are the fellow students who cry me this river on how they forgot to put up their placard and hand me a placard for someone who was born in 1920 trying to waive the ticket. Needless to say it gets confiscated.
      Kenneth N.

1969 Mercury Cougar XR-7 Boss 429 clone under construction

Quote Originally Posted by 69MSA View Post
      Congrats Dane, your stories of administering parking lot justice via somewhat extralegal means has now been spread across the internet.

http://jalopnik.com/5723424/dont-par...-handicap-spot

Matt
      Read the story today and was wondering if the thread lit back up...Some funny comments, some not so funny.
      Confucius says, "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life"

My build Beast

I parked in one once to run in to get my paycheck. Check was $100. Ticket was $125. Never did that again. I learned to appreciate that when I broke my leg.
      Everything Under the Sun is Intune
      Chris
      http://www.popularhotrodding.com/fea..._am/index.html

This has to be my favorite comment from the link...

"The owner of the black Lexus HS 250h in this picture made two mistakes: illegally parking in a handicap spot and illegally parking in the handicap spot usually used by the owner of this classic Z/28 Camaro."

Three, actually. He's the owner of a Lexus HS 250h.

73 Camaro
      Gene

Thumbs up dude!
      There are 2 factors in Autocross, Tires and the loose nut behind the wheel.

Paul Grala
      69 Mach 1 project (For Sale)
      78 Cobra
      87 GT
      98 Expedition

Quote Originally Posted by Taman View Post
      I learned to appreciate that when I broke my leg.
      You realize when people say "break a leg", it's just an expression?
      Red Forman: "The Mustang's front end is problematic; get yourself a Firebird."

My favorite handicap parkers are the ones at Menards with the truck that says x&x General Contractors. Go up to the service desk, they dont care. "Reallly" "ohhhh"

Quote Originally Posted by bobbaganoosh View Post
      I cant stand people who park in handicapped spaces without plates or tags.

This isnt really related, but I once shared an apartment with my brother in law where we paid for covered parking in the rear. My work schedule put me out of town for days at a time, and I started finding a car in my spot, that I pay extra for, when I came home at night. All the management would do is put notes on the car threatening to tow it, but it never got towed. I posted notes on the car to call me, knocked on doors to find out whos car it was, to no avail. Finally I came home one night and found it again and I'd had enough. I took the chain I had in the back of my truck, wrapped one end around of the rear control arms on the car and attached it to my truck. Then I drug it out of my spot, tires squealing, over to the fire lane. I saw it get towed, and I never saw it again after that. I never heard anything from anyone either.
      That's friggin' awesome!

After reading this thread, it has prompted me to be more cognizant of these tools who park in handicapped spots. I have a Randall's pretty close to my house (an uppity grocery store that is way too expensive) and soccer moms are doing this all the time! I got lucky and got a spot up front one time and some soccer mom with no tags pulled up right next to me. I waited for a few extra seconds for her to get out to make sure she knew that was a handicapped parking spot, but she took her time and I was in a hurry.

Funny thing is, the lot isn't even that big! There's regular parking spaces just a few feet away. Humanity is doomed.

dont you think its a little funny that they have handicapped spots at the mall and wal mart? to shop at those places, you need to do a lot of walking so... unless you walk from the parking lot directly to the electric wheelchair you are defeating the purpose of the handicapped spot no? what about handicapped spots at the gym?

im all for special treatment for the handicapped, i just think that some of those parking spots are ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by cullen114 View Post
      dont you think its a little funny that they have handicapped spots at the mall and wal mart? to shop at those places, you need to do a lot of walking so... unless you walk from the parking lot directly to the electric wheelchair you are defeating the purpose of the handicapped spot no? what about handicapped spots at the gym?

im all for special treatment for the handicapped, i just think that some of those parking spots are ironic.
      Many handicapped people have their own wheelchairs, and in some cases stores (like walmart) supply those. In any case, if they still do not use a wheelchair or scooter, the less walking the better.

What about handicap spots at a gym? Are you saying handicap people shouldn't work out? There is alot they can do that do not work out legs. And if you've ever had knee problems, there are specific exercises with machines to help strengthen muscles to lessen the problem that do not stress the joints like walking or jogging would. For a handicap person gym access is really even more important because they rely more on upper body strength and because they may not be as active (from lack of walking) to burn enough calories to offset eating in the way a non-handicap person would. What's ironic are non-handicap people at the gym fighting for the closest spots so they can go in and run 10 miles on a treadmill!
      Red Forman: "The Mustang's front end is problematic; get yourself a Firebird."

Quote Originally Posted by cullen114 View Post

Like Formula said you can not know where a handicap person will want or need to go , nor what limits they have. I used to get a giggle out of handicap parking at the selfserve salavage yards and skating rinks. Who would decide which businesses would be exempted from having special parking for the disabled. Handicap parking isn't just for those that have trouble walking long distances.
      Stay in it till you see God....then lift

Where patience fails, force prevails

"When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front-row seat." G. Carlin

Stapp's Ironical Paradox...... "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

you are the *****, bet ol boy was like WTF when he came back to his car lmao
      Good job bro!

Nice!!

im glad to see someone teaching a lesson to people who just dont give a sh*t. my grandfather has a severe case of diabetes and needs a walker for assistance. hats off to you sir!!

Used ot work at a Big 3 auto plant, everyone had a handicap of somekind and the placard to go with it.

Funny how the lady that uses a cane in the plant was able to RUN to her car on Friday with her paycheck. Had the plant medical person come to the gates with me one Friday and put an end to that situation.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com