Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Anyone use Stack pro-control gauges?

I've been looking at picking up a couple gauges to monitor my oil pressure, oil temp and water temp.

I think I have narrowed it down to the Stack Pro-Control and the Defi Racer. Defi also has a cool Din gauge system. And I would be looking at the black face with red back light on the Defi.

The Defi look really good in person to me(the site doesn't show them right), but the Stack have the programmable 7 color changing lighting so you can set warning colors.

Both manufactures use self contained 3 wire connection to the sending unit and stepper motors to control the needles. I know the Defi have a constant 12v source and use a 12v switched source to turn them on. The Defi go through a start up and shutdown procedure to reset the gauges to zero when the car is turned on or off. From what I see in the manual for the Stack Pro- Control gauges is they only have a 12v power.

Does anyone know if the Stack Pro-Control reset to zero when you turn the car off or do they stay at the last reading? Anyone have any other thoughts on the Stack Pro-Control? Or have another gauges to recommend on this level? The 3 wire connection to the sending unit is a must if you do recommend something else.

Robert