Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Chevelle wheel hop

Hey guys!!! I have a 68 Chevelle, street/strip car with a 406 sbc and a 4-speed and 12 bolt rear. I have added rear poly bushings and boxed the controll arms and have the "No Hop" bars (they raise the mounting point for the upper control arms and have solid bushings). I have run these no hp bars for years with my old tired 350 and they worked great, with slicks they make the rear suspension seperarte and, in therory, plant the rear tires, now with the 406 the car either bogs bad or spins. I have tryied all kinds of different things to remady this problem and nothing seems to help. recently I decided I was going to remove the "No Hop" bars and install poly bushing back into the top ears of the axle housing. My thought was that I will change the angle of the upper control arms back to stock and change the instant center, so as to not hit the tires so hard, maybe take some of the shock away. so I did that this week end, went out on the street, dumped the clutch at 2000 rpm and wheel hopped like a mad man!!!! WHAT THE HELL!!! so I tryied to do a burnout, HOLY CRAP!!! even worse!!! My question is WHY??? every one I talk to says that poly bushings solved there wheel hop problem. It should all be pretty solid back there!!! Also being Im asking, say I had no wheel hop problem, is my thinking correct?? Would this help? Thanks guys for letting me ramble!!!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com