Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Hi Guys!

Country Flag: United States

Hi Guys!

I have always been an automotive enthusiast and I have been hunting for a car for this past year to work on and resto-mod with my boys. I stumbled across this one on eBay a few weeks ago. I bought it and brought it all the way home to TN from Ottawa just a few days ago. I can't believe that someone would chop the roof on a true T/A, but they did. This car was someone's passion and they made it just how they wanted it. Now it's ours and we couldn't be happier with purchase, even with the funky chopped roof. I think it's going to be a great resto mod base. I can't wait to start the conversion from the pro-street to the rest-mod and the great wealth of knowledge in this forum is just what we need. I am hoping to get some help on identifying some of the things done to the car, especially the front suspension setup. Here are a few pics to get you started and maybe some of you will recognize the car (apparently it's quite famous around Ottawa, Canada).

Attached Images Attached Images      

Welcome!

Very interesting project you have there. What all does it have going for it right now, and what do you have planned?

The car has a full tube frame with a roll cage inside.
      Tubbed rear with ford 9" and strange axles
      The Pontiac motor has been replaced with a built 454 with 427 l89 alum heads
      Built 400 tranny with 3500 stall
      Wilwood brakes on the front, drum on the rear
      Rear has a coil over setup with big ladder bars
      Front has coil over that is part of the tube frame conversion and is pretty trick.

I would like to get the motor tuned up and running correctly (car has been in storage for 15 years)
      I need to fix the exhaust first, it has long tube headers that are dragging the ground.
      Get rid of the drag tires and put some low profile tires with big meats in the back of the 335 wide variety
      upgrade the disc brakes in front and add disc to rear
      Swap the tranny for Tremec 6 speed.
      I want to look at what I can do with the suspension front and back.

Long term...put the roof back to original.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  94.3 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  93.1 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  122.9 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  191.6 KB

Very cool! Love the big block and pre-done tub job. You've got a great start. It seems like there have been more than a few pro-street cars successfully make the jump to pro-touring.

Welcome. That is actually kinda cool. never seen on quite like that before. Looks like it will keep you busy and will no doubt learn alot as you progress. looking forward to the coming changes. Bruce. (new in here myself)

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com