Country Flag: United States

Default wheel backspacing tool

I know there are a few companies that sell a backspacing device that bolts to your hub/axle to simulate a wheel so you can get the backspacing right...

My question is, are there any companies that rent these? I have only two uses-Front and Back...then its done. I don't know that I can justify the 200-400 bucks for a two time use tool.

Confucius says, "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life"

My build Beast

The Percy Wheelrite is $70 and you can easily sell it to get most of your money back. It is plastic, but works fine. The $400 metal ones are much more durable and accurate to the nth degree, but overkill for a one or two time use. I see you are in Carrolton, I work in Dallas close to Love Field and live in Arlington. You are welcome to borrow the percy one from me.
    Greg
    1970 challenger convert-in process
    1970 barracuda-driver

Tape measure and straight edge. Also an idea of size wheel and tire you have in mind so we can determine sidewall bulge, overall width, etc... If you pm me your phone number I will call you and explain the procedure and guarantee the fit within 1/8". What vehicle are you wanting wheels for?

Regards,

Perry
    PTS

perry,

any help with my 66 elcamino i just installed speed tech suspension and now want to add the fattest tires i can get on it

http://www.percyshp.com/

About the best price you can get $100.00 You could always ''loan it out'' to your friends for a few bucks here and there to offset your cost.

-Jim
    Last edited by Jims78elky; 11-29-2010 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Fixed link

Quote Originally Posted by surfwagon View Post
    perry,

any help with my 66 elcamino i just installed speed tech suspension and now want to add the fattest tires i can get on it
    Hey Bud!

You are in luck as I just acquired a 66 El Camino parts car. I can measure the car for you or I would be glad to help you over the phone.

Can give some ideas of diameter wheels you want to run? Also how low are you going?

Vintage look or Pro Touring Look?

Perry
    PTS

Quote Originally Posted by surfwagon View Post
    perry,

Feel free to bring the El Camino out to our shop and we can measure for you. We have a ton of wheels from VWW to Forgeline on display and a couple cool project cars including a 64 El Camino to check out.

This a 1964 El Camino I built a few years back and regretfully sold to a friend in Texas. The Elky had Airide, Baer Brakes, 18" and 20" Billet Specialties. This was a tight fit due to being hammered, big brakes, and the rear being a tight fit.

Perry
    PTS

Name:  sucp_0009_04_z+2000_dallas_super_chevy_show+.jpg
Views: 857
Size:  87.8 KB