Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19
      Country Flag: United States
      ....still working on my car TRYING to get it all ready for next weekend. I will be trailering the car up there b/c I DO NOT want anything to happen on the way up there.

let me just tell you that this event has...1) lit a fire under my arse to finally do the upgrades I've been wanting to do to this car 2) burned a hole in my pocket and 3) made me really learn about how to build a car with safety in mind!!!
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

"Never race anything you can't afford to set on fire and push off a cliff."

I still have my spot for sale for friday night and saturday. If your interested please contact me I will sell for a discounted price at this point rather than lose all the money. Thanks Andy
      You can email me at [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Howell View Post
      2000 Helmets are ok for this year. Just got the word.

Anyone wanting to volunteer to help out, I need some for Saturday morning. Nothing big or long term, but I need help getting the cars teched, etc. Just post up here if you can help out.
      Does this refer to M2000 and SA2000? I just realized there is a difference and my helmets are ''M2000". apparently the "SA" is a higher fire rating.

Snell SA rated full face helmets offer the most protection and will work for pretty much any type of auto-related activity you want to participate in. Certain activities like autocross or karting will also allow the less expensive Snell M or K rated helmets.

Snell SA Rated Helmets:
      Snell "SA" (Sports Application) rated professional helmets are designed for auto racing and provide extreme impact resistance and higher fire protection.

Snell M Rated Helmets:
      Snell "M" (Motorcycle) rated helmets are designed for motorcycling and other motorsports. They offer slightly less protection than SA rated helmets.

Snell K Rated Helmets:
      Snell "K" (Karting) rated helmets are designed for Karting applications. They are subjected to the same test standards as SA helmets except the do not require a fire retardant interior.

What are the key differences between SA and M Rated Helmets:
      - SA standard requires flammability test while the M standard does not.
      - SA standard has rollbar impact test while M standard does not.
      - SA standard allows narrower visual field than M standard (Some SA helmets aren't street legal).

So I am pretty sure you can not use an "M" rated helmet.

QUICK QUESTION...

The seats I have do not have a spereate hole for anti-sub belts. Do I need to run anti-sub belts for this event and if I do is it ok if they come up around the bottom of the seat?
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

I thought stock belts would be fine for this event since it isn't considered a true race.
      Jason Nichols
      '72 Chevy Nova-The Blue Bomb https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...972-Chevy-Nova

I still have snow tires on my car .. and now it is suppose to snow Thursday and Friday! My car is also my DD. Some one want to trailer my car down please?

One day to go and my car refuses to start...awesome
      Jason Nichols
      '72 Chevy Nova-The Blue Bomb https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...972-Chevy-Nova

Update: it runs, just wont idle lol my carb guy is coming tomorrow to see what he can do.
      Jason Nichols

Quote Originally Posted by Jasons72 View Post
      Update: it runs, just wont idle lol my carb guy is coming tomorrow to see what he can do.
      Good luck! I got my fingers crossed for you.

Just got back home from an outstanding event. My great thanks to the Howell's and the sponsors of the event- Carbon Kustoms and Autowire. First class acts all the way. The pro-touring guests were all fantastic. Good people/good times.

Proving once again that the track is safer than the road, after a full day of 100MPH+ work on the NJMP Lightning course, I ripped up my fender on some box in the right lane of the Jersey Turnpike. No flat tire luckily, and I was able to make it home without further adieu. Oh well, it's just sheet metal.

I will see you all next year for sure.

Ken that baaaalows...time for huge flares! I was wondering why you dropped back, bummer man.

Ken - that sucks and really sorry to hear that. I was wondering what happened to you guys after we passed you on the way home. Great to meet you guys and hope to see you at an event in the future.
      -Morgan
      www.hwimotorsports.com
      '68 Camaro SS vert
      '10 Camaro SS/RS
      '91 GMC Syclone
      '60 Impala

Very nice to have met many people from this board. My hats off to the Howell's as well, and looking forward to next year. A special thanks to the support of our sponsors.

Peter Bergman
      71 Dart GT, Stroker SB, Built For The Turns!

Couple things....

This was my first pro-touring event and it is far from my last! I am just floored at how amazing the weekend was. The people on this site are top notch!! I finally met alot of the people on this site and everyone was nice and just plain awesome. Everyone was so nice.

I have to give a big OH HELL YEAH to the sponsors Carbon Customs and American Autowire. I am just a small fry in the pro-touring world and they treated me like I was top dawg. Just so nice and all around awesome people!!

Next I have to say thanks to the Howell's. Without them these events just wouldn't happen. So thanks a bunch Bill and Melinda for all your hard work and dedication.

Can we do this next weekend?
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

That was my first time on a big track so I can't even explain in words how much fun I had! I set my trip meter on my way into the facility saturday morning and when I was pulling out that afternoon I had 68miles on the car! The only way I can see next year being anymore fun is if passengers are allowed. I felt bad telling my wife she had to stand outside all day while I drove around by myself.

Quote Originally Posted by GNon18s View Post
      That was my first time on a big track so I can't even explain in words how much fun I had! I set my trip meter on my way into the facility saturday morning and when I was pulling out that afternoon I had 68miles on the car! The only way I can see next year being anymore fun is if passengers are allowed. I felt bad telling my wife she had to stand outside all day while I drove around by myself.
      It's ok...your wife and my g/f kept each other company. lol
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

Country Flag: Wales
      Quote Originally Posted by gsxrken View Post
      Just got back home from an outstanding event. My great thanks to the Howell's and the sponsors of the event- Carbon Kustoms and Autowire. First class acts all the way. The pro-touring guests were all fantastic. Good people/good times.

Proving once again that the track is safer than the road, after a full day of 100MPH+ work on the NJMP Lightning course, I ripped up my fender on some box in the right lane of the Jersey Turnpike. No flat tire luckily, and I was able to make it home without further adieu. Oh well, it's just sheet metal.

I will see you all next year for sure.
      Let me know if you need a hand fixing that...I'll come over and help out with what I can.

Nick
      Nick Townsend
      Pro-Vintage 69 Corvette
      64 Riviera Custom - 20's, air bags
      Shell Valley Cobra
      2005 Penske Racing Dodge Charger Nextel Cup Car "Rusty's Last Round"

good ^^

Today was a big pile of fun!!!!!!!!!!

Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...