Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by SicMonte View Post
      I really don't want to buy a new helmet just for this event. My Bell M2 helmet is SA2000 and is good enough...but I guess it isnt according to this track. I wore that helmet last year while I drove a damned NASCAR 14 laps on DOVER RACEWAY...but its not good enough for this track.....ummmmm.

Another thing...I hope he is kidding about the 50 yard dash and sit ups in the kart event.

Maybe I should just stick to doing "Fridays at the Track" at Summit Point Raceway to get some track time. It's cheaper.
      Next time you sign up for FATT, let me know, I really want to do this!
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

Quote Originally Posted by gz06cam View Post
      Friends, Here is some info we have for the event. Please contact Bill on the tire wear ratings. He has a standard. Convertibles can run on the track but must have a roll bar. Long pants, long sleeved shirts required. (hey it won't be that hot in April). A helmet is required on Lightning. If you have a full face helmet, bring it. The last meeting with the track people has a requirement for full face helmets. I will be contacting them about this as SCCA does not require a full face helmet is a closed car. I'll get it resolved. In any event, helmet must be 2005 rating or later. SCCA will be running the autocross. I will find out about a helmet requirement for the autocross. If you have an extra helmet bring it. We love to take other people for a ride. It usually leaves them grinning.

Hotels are best off Rte 55 (exit 32) on West Landis avenue. Wingate, Ramada and Hampton are all right there. We jump back on 55 south for exits 27, 26, or 24. All go to Millville and the track. Exit 24 is the way I usually go as it avoids the most local traffic and I am coming from the eastern side. We are the first event of the season so there should not be that much traffic. Google the track for directions from the center of Millville. Main street to Cedarville to race street (county 555). Signs are in town. DO NOT SPEED.

The event starts early 8:00. If you are late, you will miss registration. After all, we also want to participate and don't want to spend the morning chasing down entrants and trying to schedule you. We would also appreciate it if you can give Bill some idea of your experience level on an open track. We want to try to group people together so that there is a minimum of fender to fender running (we don't want anyone to damage their cars). This will make it a far more pleasant event for everyone. Remember, this is not about the fastest person. It is about enjoying yourself and getting to run your car to the best of your and the car's ability. We have the track til 5:30. It will be a full day as the group will be split between autocross and Lightning so hopefully we will all be occupied all day. There is a mandatory lunch break. Groups will then switch after lunch. Trailers are allowed in on Friday. There is a paddock area but it is not firmed up as of yet as the skid pad for the autocross has not been set up by SCCA. I am working on that with the SJ region people. Regardless, the area we will have a quite large so there should be no problem parking.

Spectators are welcomed and encouraged to attend. They will be required to pay a gate fee. I do not know what it is yet but will find out. I will also find out about parking for spectators.

Each car can have up to three people as a pit crew. YOU MUST REGISTER YOUR NAMES AND ADDRESSES WITH BILL. This is a requirement of the track and will make entry and track day registration much easier. If you procrastinate on this it will delay all of us and may disqualify you. Remember that we want the most track time as possible.

The Cumberland mall is at exit 27. There are restaurants there as well as restaurants close to the hotels. Bill and I are trying to set up a host hotel and gathering place. If you are all at Landis Ave hotels, it will be easy as they are so close to each other.

The track has a drivers club with a bar and restaurant. I will inquire but I believe it will be open by then as the track events are starting the following weekend.

A word about the track. It is a fast track with some challenging blind curves. There is plenty of run off should you happen to need it. (I usually find some place to mow down some grass when I get stupid.) Safety first. Drive to your ability. I know there are better drivers than me and faster cars than mine. I will have fun at my own pace.

Bill and I are also trying to set up a cruise. Still in planning stages. Any requests are welcomed. American Autowire is planning some sort of open house but I need to talk to my people as to the details. It is hard as many of you will be coming in late friday night. So maybe Saturday after track day will be the time.

Now the fun continues on Sunday with the Kart enduro race. Please step up and register with Bill. We need a minimum number of participants to set up a really great event. The way it is set up now is that there will be a 3 person team per kart. There will be mandatory pit stops, driver changes, 50 yard sprints, hand stands, sit ups, etc. Full face helmet required. Helmets and suits are available at the kart track. Karts are 6.5 HP. They can get to 85 on the kart track straights so you will have plenty of chances to scare the crap out of yourself. As for me, I like metal around me but WTF.

Thanks for reading. Lets have a great event. I will post more as soon as I get it. Michael

SO... what organization is running the Lightening portion???? NASA or SCCA or ?(I was under the impression this was privately run by the sponsors)... I'm trying to get a defined answer here on rules/tech info... about helmets/seatbelts/etc... just dont want to show up and not be able to run... for example...Should I be reffering to the NASA tech pdf?

Also.. I know lots of guys have Hareness bars for their 4pt or 5pt belts... are these ok? People are going to flip out if removable shoulder bars aren't allowed, I think a few registered cars have them...

Not trying to be a pain, I think these kind of things need to be cleared up... I know other events in other areas of the country aren't as strict....

-Sean

Here is the inspection sheet from NASA / PDA

http://www.pdadrivingschool.com/down...TECH_SHEET.pdf

From what I can see is NJMP is imposing rules that go above and beyond NASA's rules.

I think we should all step back and let Bill and the rest of the individuals that are running this event get the facts. This could be a great event and the first of many. If we keep speculating ... well ... it will not do any thing but cause more confusion.

I am friends wit the gentleman that runs PDA. If any one wants me to reach out to him for some information, please let me know. He is also the same guy that installed my roll bar in my vert.

Best regards,

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
      Here is the inspection sheet from NASA / PDA

http://www.pdadrivingschool.com/down...TECH_SHEET.pdf

From what I can see is NJMP is imposing rules that go above and beyond NASA's rules.

I think we should all step back and let Bill and the rest of the individuals that are running this event get the facts. This could be a great event and the first of many. If we keep speculating ... well ... it will not do any thing but cause more confusion.

I am friends wit the gentleman that runs PDA. If any one wants me to reach out to him for some information, please let me know. He is also the same guy that installed my roll bar in my vert.

Best regards,

Greg
      I agree completely Greg... hopefully we get feedback from the proper people ASAP... Something in writing, set-in-stone.

I'm already stressed about getting my car together in time... Just don't want to find out I need another major expense before the event... I'm really excited about this and hope Its fun for everyone... I'll be on hold until then.

-Sean

Hi Sean-

Its the most fun you can have with your pants on! A well run event is critical. I ran in an event up at Monticello. It was the Exotic Car club running it. Mostly high end Euro cars and a Mustang (me lol). One word .. disaster! Other than a few accidents on track .. it was chaos. From registration to ... well every thing. Way to much attitude and egos. As a good instructor will tell you .. "Check your ego at the door and have fun and learn to drive your car on track in a controlled environment"

On another note Sean, I am trying to get my buddy to join this site as well as come wiht us. He has a 73 Chevelle and a Cutlas. The Cutlas is set up to road race, but up until this point he has been to scared to bring it on track. I think this event would be perfect for him!

-Greg

I agree with you

I have done some NASA/PDA events with an open face mask. When I was buying the mask one of the guys from NASA told me if the car has airbags I should get an open helmet. If the car does not have airbags I could use either. (closed would be preferred) I have a vert. I have been on Thunderbolt with it and wore my open face helmet with out issue.

Best regards,

Greg

The SCCA guys also agree with you concerning the helmet when the car has airbags. This is why the statement I got makes no sense. I am meeting with the track people today and will get clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by sr73bu View Post
      SO... what organization is running the Lightening portion???? NASA or SCCA or ?(I was under the impression this was privately run by the sponsors)... I'm trying to get a defined answer here on rules/tech info... about helmets/seatbelts/etc... just dont want to show up and not be able to run... for example...Should I be reffering to the NASA tech pdf?

Also.. I know lots of guys have Hareness bars for their 4pt or 5pt belts... are these ok? People are going to flip out if removable shoulder
      bars aren't allowed, I think a few registered cars have them...

Not trying to be a pain, I think these kind of things need to be cleared up... I know other events in other areas of the country aren't as strict....

-Sean
      Bill is running the event. It is private. However, the track still has certain requirements. SCCA is going to set up a great autocross. They did it at Gingerman last year and it was great. As far as I know, we all have no problem with their safety requirements. If we did, we could set it up on our own. However, they are better at it and into the sport aspect. I will check on all your other concerns and post.

By the way. The south jersey region of SCCA is doing a PDX event at the track on March 5. If you are close it would be a chance to get on the track with an instructor. If you need info, I will get contact info

Latest on rules for RTTS

Friends,
      1. Helmets are required for running on lightning and running the autocross.
      2. Helmets must be 2000 or later rated. This is the last year for a 2000 rated helmet.

Friends,
      1. Helmets are required for running on lightning and running the autocross.
      2. Helmets must be 2000 or later rated. This is the last year for a 2000 rated helmet.
      Thank God that my helmet is allowed. Have you heard any info on the harness bar being removable? I have 8 point roll bar/cage in my car but the horizontal harness bar is removable to allow access to the back seat. Just wanted to be sure...
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

"Never race anything you can't afford to set on fire and push off a cliff."

Quote Originally Posted by SicMonte View Post
      Thank God that my helmet is allowed. Have you heard any info on the harness bar being removable? I have 8 point roll bar/cage in my car but the horizontal harness bar is removable to allow access to the back seat. Just wanted to be sure...
      I have a four point with the lower horizontal bar removal. I hope that is not a problem. It is the Autopower bar.

Friends,
      1. Helmets are required for running on Lightning and running the autocross.
      3. Full face helmets are required. This is a new requirement this year. Not NJMP. It is a state requirement imposed by the state police. You can bring your open faced helmet and probably won't be a problem. However, this is what we were told.
      4. Seat belts are required. As this is a considered a time trial, only lap belts are required. Therefore, removable shoulder bars and belts, 4 and 5 point belts are ok. Aftermarket seat belts must be certified. 2 year old for SFI. 5 year old for FIA. Again check the labels.
      5. Roll bars are required on convertibles.
      6.the tech inspection sheet for the Sports Car Driving Association (link put up in prior posts) is perfect. It is a basic check that there are no leaks, bolted down battery, no loose items in car, lug nuts tightened to torque, tire pressure set adequately, fluid level checks, seat belts, etc.
      7. Each car can have a driver and a 3 person pit crew. Please register those people with Bill so that we can set up registration and make your entry fast and easy.
      8. Spectators are welcomed. There will be a parking area adjacent to the track. A $10.00 spectator fee per person will be charged for the event. Choose your pit crew members wisely.
      9. Track needs registration names only. Addresses are not required by the track. Bill may be the only one who needs this as he may want to contact you at some later date.

Hope this clears up some questions. Don't shoot the messenger. This is as of today's meeting with NJMP.

[QUOTE=gz06cam;Hope this clears up some questions. Don't shoot the messenger. This is as of today's meeting with NJMP.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, these guys rarely shoot anybody to include the messenger!

Hi Sean-

Its the most fun you can have with your pants on! A well run event is critical. I ran in an event up at Monticello. It was the Exotic Car club running it. Mostly high end Euro cars and a Mustang (me lol). One word .. disaster! Other than a few accidents on track .. it was chaos. From registration to ... well every thing. Way to much attitude and egos. As a good instructor will tell you .. "Check your ego at the door and have fun and learn to drive your car on track in a controlled environment"

On another note Sean, I am trying to get my buddy to join this site as well as come wiht us. He has a 73 Chevelle and a Cutlas. The Cutlas is set up to road race, but up until this point he has been to scared to bring it on track. I think this event would be perfect for him!

-Greg
      Greg,

Who says i'll being wearing any pants??? LOL...J/K....

Tell your friend to come down and race!!! I'd love to see another 73-77 A body out there! Have him checkout my car... maybe it will inspire him to bring it! Thanks again for posting the info too!

Michael,

Thanks for clearing things up! and Thanks again to You and Bill for getting this event together! Last question (promise i'll leave you alone after this).... Is a M2000 Full Face Bell Helmet OK... or is SA2000 the minimum?

-Sean

PS: You have an awesome tech staff at American Autowire, they have been a huge help getting the wiring situated on my Chevelle.

Mike, in regards to Friday cruise & food, I plan on hitting the AC car show this Saturday with a friend who goes to cape may often, so i'll pick his brain. And I hope to find another buddy there who knows the area very well. I'll see what he has to say.
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

Ugh! My helmet is two years old ... and now I think I have to buy a full face helmet or risk watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelcamino View Post
      Next time you sign up for FATT, let me know, I really want to do this!
      Of course I was kidding about the kart event. By the way, your helmet will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by sr73bu View Post
      Greg,

Who says i'll being wearing any pants??? LOL...J/K....

Tell your friend to come down and race!!! I'd love to see another 73-77 A body out there! Have him checkout my car... maybe it will inspire him to bring it! Thanks again for posting the info too!

Michael,

Thanks for clearing things up! and Thanks again to You and Bill for getting this event together! Last question (promise i'll leave you alone after this).... Is a M2000 Full Face Bell Helmet OK... or is SA2000 the minimum?

-Sean

PS: You have an awesome tech staff at American Autowire, they have been a huge help getting the wiring situated on my Chevelle.
      Sean,

It is my understanding that you will be ok on the helmet for this year. If not we will find one to lend to you.

Quote Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
      Mike, in regards to Friday cruise & food, I plan on hitting the AC car show this Saturday with a friend who goes to cape may often, so i'll pick his brain. And I hope to find another buddy there who knows the area very well. I'll see what he has to say.
      Another member mentioned Buddy Guy concert. It starts at 8:00. Might be tough to get there in time. However, I saw him open up for Tom Petty last summer in Philadelphia. He was awesome.

The track has two clubs that we can schedule for a dinner. We are investigating that. A cruise to the Shore (Cape May, etc.) would be cool. Have a friend who owns a restaurant in Northfield(by Summers Point). That may be an option. I am open to suggestions.

Sean,

It is my understanding that you will be ok on the helmet for this year. If not we will find one to lend to you.
      Thanks for the mention of my technical staff. We try to keep it top shelf for all our products.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com