Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

anyone watch musclecar on spike?

The reason I ask is, I have my dvr set to record it for times when there is nothing else to watch. They finally had a new episode, and Rick Bacon was not part of the show. Did they replace him?

Also, I can't beleive how crappy the paint job that was layed down by the other guy on the show on the dupli-color mustang. I know dupli-color is not a good paint to lay down, But I've seen it used before and it was a whole lot better than what that hack on musclecar did. I sure hope Rick Bacon is still part of the show, otherwise it will be more horrible craftsmanship and I'll just stop watching.
      2005 CBR 1000RR..."mostly stock".
      1968 camaro... "in the works".

I saw that episode and I agree the paint looked like crap. They shoulda stopped at the primer coat. I sure hope Rick Bacon not being there was just that one episode.

Country Flag: United States
      Ya he is still thare in the first part of the show thay said he was off doing some thing. And the mustang did look like crap

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought it seemed a little less than TV quality.

Rick is nice and all, but IMO the show has been going down hill for the last few years. It's just not the same show without Lou.

Country Flag: Bosnia Herzegovina
      still not the same since Lou left....even if we did watch it with the mute on. LOL, just kidding Lou.
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

https://www.pro-touring.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4&dateline=1323422564
      Follow us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by MrQuick View Post
      ...even if we did watch it with the mute on.
      Not on mute, the volume just had to be *really* low

I liked the format a little better when Lou was on it, but he was a bit too over the top for me. Entertaining for sure, but a little on the obnoxious side. But honestly, when Rick took over, I was a little skeptical as well. I just don't like change once I get into a series. But it didn't take long for me to appreciate the knowledge and ability that Rick has. But they really have to start making more episodes.

I still can't get over how bad the Mustang looked. I watched it again, and there is a point when the trunk lid is open you can see how badly the car is striped. I can see the paint being partially responsible for the dullness. But the striping was all the painter. I still can't believe the show even aired with such a bad paint job. If dupli-color is one of their sponsors, I can't beleive they would be after that.
      2005 CBR 1000RR..."mostly stock".
      1968 camaro... "in the works".

That paint job was incredibly bad. They didn't even paint the jams. They should have spent a few hours cutting and buffing it. Definitely not going to inspire anyone to go out and buy Duplicolor paint.

I have learned a trick or two watching Rick. He knows his stuff and does a good job explaining things.
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

That paint job was awful. The color was bad, and that paint did NOT flow out well, though I can't help but wonder if that was partly Tommy's fault? That clear looked like it was put on dry. Hell, I've gotten spray can clear to flow much better than that. One thing that people need to understand is that if you're going to use cheap paint and/or you don't know what you're doing, you absolutely HAVE to lay down an extra coat of heavy wet clear so that you can wetsand and buff. It's the only way to make up for cheap paint and/or lack of talent, and to be honest, I can't believe they didn't do that.
      Weekend projects aren't.

Rick is still there if ya watched it they said he was out looking for a new project..they did say this was just a quick fixer upper and you can tell ..look how they just rattle canned it under the hood..i took it as a scuff and shoot on a weekend for someone with not alot of money..i do agree i could have painted it that good but the rest of there stuff looks good..
      Darrin Stalnecker
      1969 Camaro Convert full pt pr
      2007 Corvette Supercharged
      1968 Camaro LS1 T56
      http://www.fquick.com/dropit69

hey what ever happened to that tall skinny dude that got replaced by Tommy? he didn't talk much (which was good) but he was good at fabbing and bodywork!
      Armando Garcia

67 RS/SS Camaro
      07 Ford Mustang GT/CS
      02 Harley Davidson F-150

Country Flag: Bosnia Herzegovina
      yeah wasn't that Kevin Federline? LOL

what everhappened to him? Pretty good fabricater.

Those shows seem to be the average corporate revolving door. I still like extreme 4x4. Hope they don't lose Ian.
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

https://www.pro-touring.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4&dateline=1323422564
      Follow us on Facebook

HA! I watched this last night on my DVR and my girlfriend, who knows nothing about cars, asked why the paint job looked so bad.

The Grandaddy of them all, Ed Bruce and Truckin' USA!

Robert's 1969 Camaro - 2002 LS1/T56, 10pt cage, Global West Stage III front suspension, HTH truck arm rear suspension, Sprint Cup 9" full-floating rear end, Fikse Mach V 17" up front 18" in the back and still working on it...

I'd like to +1 the awfullness that was that paint job.

Rick Butterfield

+1000000 on how bad that paint looked. i thought they had done it with spray bomb !!!!! and for myself, I thought they should have stuck with the first blue when they open it up ! hope that is NOT going to be the next "giveaway" car !! even if it is a stang which I am sort of partial to.

I liked the low buck Buick project. There were some cool ideas and the paint looked nice on it even though the colors were a little too much for me. The Red Sled seems to be really high quality. The DupliColor paint job was really bad. If I were an employee of DupliColor, I would have put the brakes on that show going out. I watch the whole Powerblock. I wish Horsepower would build an engine and NOT put a carb on it. They put carbs on everything. Gearz is a show that I can't get over, a lot of fluff and very redundant and they replay the same ones over and over.
      Stephen

Wish I could find episodes online. They had a lot of nice tech stuff when Lou was there. Rick seemed like more of a body guy to me than a fabricator.

Mathius

Old thread.....but since then Rick has been a regular on the show. But I have noticed that the last two-three episodes of the new 2012 season Rick is gone and has been replaced by someone else. Anyone know what happened to Rick and why he's gone now?? The show isn't the same and the new guy doesn't have the same chemistry with Tommy.

My build thread

http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=241037

Paint Jail Experience

https://sites.google.com/site/paintjail/home

I was absolutely thinking the same thing today. Which prompted me to Google "What happened to Rick Bacon of Musclecar" which got me to this thread.... I hope that he is still around. I'm a little pissed at Musclecar, as they teased us months ago about the LSX 454 going in to that Olds, and since then--nothing! I have that engine in my project and I really want to see them get theirs going.
      Steve

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com