Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

New Guy V10 Ghia

Hello everyone

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jamie Walters. I have been building a rather interesting car car about 2 years now. The car is a 1967 vw Karmann Ghia with a Gen 3 viper V10 and 6speed. yes, I know it's not your typical muslce car. But that is the point. I love fast cars and I am not really a purist about any car. I look at them a blank sheet of paper waiting to be draw.
      Thats how the Ghia got started.
      In the last 2 years I have been very blessed to have gathered some 50 sponsors that have put over $100,000 in parts and service in the car. It has gathered interest all over the world...to my suprise, and even been in a few magazines (un finished) like hotrod and Performace VW in the U.K.

If you puch in V10 Ghia or Viper Ghia in a search engine you might find some build pics. \
      Dean Laurent is one of the mad scientist working on this car. He is an extrorinadry Fabricator and it was easy to relay my vision to him.

The car are you may expect is a ground up build. There really isnt allot of the original Ghia left save the body. Every peice of the car was hand made or CNC'd right in Deans shop.

I had the chance to work with one of our sponsors to develop a product that will be going into the ghia and also be released for sale to the aftermarket. The unit is a touch screen that takes the place of all the toggles in a pipical custom build...and does SO much more. I will post about this unit if I can find the proper forum.
      Thats the basics. Thanks for reading.