Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Awsome stuff!.....love the ghia!

1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454

I LOVE it and I WANT it!!! Problem is, I already dropped a bunch of coin on ISIS and I am way into that system as well. I would love to see some way to interface the two. I want a clean smooth look with respect to switches and this would definitely do that for me. It just needs to integrate with ISIS. If you can pull that off, I'm in!
      Will Ellis
      1969 Dodge Dart Swinger, 1/2 Dart / 1/2 Viper...
      Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wellis77 View Post
      I LOVE it and I WANT it!!! Problem is, I already dropped a bunch of coin on ISIS and I am way into that system as well. I would love to see some way to interface the two. I want a clean smooth look with respect to switches and this would definitely do that for me. It just needs to integrate with ISIS. If you can pull that off, I'm in!

We are ready working on that. I will keep you posted. Thanks

Is it going to be at SEMA? i would like to see it in person. What are the outputs? Do i still need to run a relay or can the controller take a high amperage?

Awesome car!

Quote Originally Posted by falcon65 View Post
      Is it going to be at SEMA? i would like to see it in person. What are the outputs? Do i still need to run a relay or can the controller take a high amperage?

Awesome car!

Thanks for the comment, Not to sure about SEMA, just got off a call regarding that, and nothing was set in stone.
      As for inputs. the unit will come with everything you need to plug and play. The wiring is very easy since it is a centralized deal. It was desigined to be user friendly in every way.

Hey Will,

I have been waiting for two years to see what ISIS was going to produce for a Touch Screen application... They kept saying it was coming but they have never came out with anything yet. I'm starting to think about my interior on my project now and ready to order my ISIS setup so I emailed Jay at ISIS the other day to inquire one more time about what they had coming for a Touch Screen. He replied back to me and told me they were debuting two different Touch Screens at SEMA this year! I had already inquired with Jamie about the interface of this Mimod Touch Screen with the ISIS system and they said no problem...

I'll see what ISIS has to offer with their setup but it will have to be something REALLY nice to top this product in my opinion...

I am planning on running a bunch of Analog gauges and have all switches and such be handled by this MiMod Touch Screen... I will also have a "backup" camera mode which will be used as a way of recording what I'm leaving behind on the track... also a playback mode for my race videos... also a stereo setup for my Ipod and Iphone... also a GPS Navigation setup.

VERY COOL PRODUCT!!!
      Ray
      FEW FRILLS, just BIG CHILLS!!!
      1972 VW Bug (427LS/T56 Magnum/9"-3.70 gears)
      18"x10-1/2" (315/30/18) Front, 18”x12" (335/30/18”) Rear
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Lady-Bug-quot

kj, definitely keep me posted. I want the touch screen in a bad way and to meld these two together would be the stuff I think.

Thanks for the update Ray. Keep us posted on the SEMA comings from ISIS. You are right though, it will have to be tops to beat out MiMod. I'm definitely going one of these directions and so far MiMod is on my big list. Especially once ISIS is good to go with it.
      Will Ellis
      Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 454bug View Post
      Hey Will,

I have been waiting for two years to see what ISIS was going to produce for a Touch Screen application... They kept saying it was coming but they have never came out with anything yet. I'm starting to think about my interior on my project now and ready to order my ISIS setup so I emailed Jay at ISIS the other day to inquire one more time about what they had coming for a Touch Screen. He replied back to me and told me they were debuting two different Touch Screens at SEMA this year! I had already inquired with Jamie about the interface of this Mimod Touch Screen with the ISIS system and they said no problem...

I'll see what ISIS has to offer with their setup but it will have to be something REALLY nice to top this product in my opinion...

I am planning on running a bunch of Analog gauges and have all switches and such be handled by this MiMod Touch Screen... I will also have a "backup" camera mode which will be used as a way of recording what I'm leaving behind on the track... also a playback mode for my race videos... also a stereo setup for my Ipod and Iphone... also a GPS Navigation setup.

VERY COOL PRODUCT!!!
      Hey Ray, Thanks for the input on this Ray, Cheers.

ok, this could go many different ways. so the only "thinking" part of the system would need to be the integration of the ecu info. other than that, the other screens mearly work with touch screen signals for on and off correct?

now lets say a guy wanted to have a user definable touchscreen dash readout that could run diagnostics. then, a side panel for controlling lights, hazards, and other on/off type switching. then, another mounted between the seats for windows, locks, seat heaters and other creature comfort type switching. how would your window switching work? could it be made like a normal momentary window switch? will relays be part of the system with kind of a motherboard to wire directly from?

i really like this idea. have seen car pc's that can do your obd2 readouts and gauges, but, it would be nice to run separate systems so you don't tie up all your functions in one screen. like running live ecu info, then have to stop to roll down a window or turn your lights on.

any more info on this on a webpage somewhere?
      Scott R. (vinny)

misha widebody SL55 highly modded
      -67 camaro ttls/viper t56, 350z irs, full frame, in the works
      -porsche cayenne turbo 175hp added over stock
      -other crap that just hauls me around!

Quote Originally Posted by overZealous1 View Post
      ok, this could go many different ways. so the only "thinking" part of the system would need to be the integration of the ecu info. other than that, the other screens mearly work with touch screen signals for on and off correct?

now lets say a guy wanted to have a user definable touchscreen dash readout that could run diagnostics. then, a side panel for controlling lights, hazards, and other on/off type switching. then, another mounted between the seats for windows, locks, seat heaters and other creature comfort type switching. how would your window switching work? could it be made like a normal momentary window switch? will relays be part of the system with kind of a motherboard to wire directly from?

i really like this idea. have seen car pc's that can do your obd2 readouts and gauges, but, it would be nice to run separate systems so you don't tie up all your functions in one screen. like running live ecu info, then have to stop to roll down a window or turn your lights on.

any more info on this on a webpage somewhere?
      Gottcha, as stated we do have a split screen version of this unit that has already been tested. However we oppted to keep all the touch functions in the first unit loctaed on the dash or console and the other just to display the basic speed tach, fule pressue, fuel level..etc... No point in reaching through or around a steering wheel. That said I have not really thought of multipul touch screens in the vehical. Basically becuase the point was to have less clutter and a central control interface. However I cant see why we couldnt do it if you wanted it done. Just remember each screen you order is extra. The only real limiting factor would the the current screen size limitations. However becasue we can display vertically if needed, that also is not that big an issue.
      The current screen interface is VERY VERY easy to use. Going from one screen to the other, or diplaying multipal screens is possible. With 1.6 GHz single (or dual) Intel Atom processor , Windows 7 OS and 2Gig of Ram the unit is fast and efficient.
      As for the window switching. All buttons can be customized. So you can have them as ON/OFF, ON/ON/OFF, Monentary, etc....So the windows would work just like a normal window, Hold it until it's down, and then let go.

Another few features (upgrade options) I forgot to mention: Climate control and display compatiable as well as HD /Satellilte Radio, entertainment pack (mp3 video) options as well.

Hope I answered your question. Thanks for the post.

This is really intriguing. Found the website and did some tooling around. I'd love to see more information about how it works within the electrical system, how it actually powers everything, etc. I think the website said something about a 12" screen for gauges, is this a 12" square panel or is it 6"x12", what kind of sizing exactly? I like the idea of blacking out the dash with no switches, knobs, buttons, etc. Can this operate winshield wipers with a delay? I'm really looking forward to seeing more of this as it unfolds. Really want to see it all setup in the Ghia too!
      Will Ellis
      Build Thread

This is really intriguing. Found the website and did some tooling around. I'd love to see more information about how it works within the electrical system, how it actually powers everything, etc. I think the website said something about a 12" screen for gauges, is this a 12" square panel or is it 6"x12", what kind of sizing exactly? I like the idea of blacking out the dash with no switches, knobs, buttons, etc. Can this operate winshield wipers with a delay? I'm really looking forward to seeing more of this as it unfolds. Really want to see it all setup in the Ghia too!
      Hi
      That 12" screen is 12 diagonal. But you can run a smaller one if you want. We have screen options. You most likley found the site directed to the EV market. The specs are nearly the same but the HP version (hi performance) has some differnt software since there is mo need to monitor a huge battery bank.
      As for the wipers, yes it can run wiper, hi/low, delay etc.. and washer fluid as well. Just about anything you can imagine. The unit is very versitle.

Quote Originally Posted by kjwalters View Post
      So, after talking with the moderators I have been given the o.k to post some info about the product I had mentioned eailer in the thread.
      Being that I am a product representitve as of last week, i wanted to be sure I didnt cross any forum rules. Since this product has been designed for use in the Ghia, this info is relevent to the build, and all the work that has went into it. So here we go.

The unit we developed is a touch screen interface that takes the place of all your typlical toggles and switches. But, it's far more than that.
      Besides switching things like, fuel pumps, fans, lights, door locks, windows, truck release etc...The unit offers some really unit features, that people who build custom cars will love. Some of these features were only available to OEM manufactures....until now.

Below you will see the opening screen for the ghia. This pic can also be used as a background as well. We placed a rough rendering just for mockup. The user will be able to have a pic of there vehical installed before shipping.

Another feature of the unit is that it offers a standard security system, that is far better than anything out there. The unit has a security screen that appears after the opening screen. It will cue the driver to enter his/her pin or code (customer chosen). Until the code is entered nothing the screen controls will be able to be activated. Fuel pumps, lights, ignition etc.... once activated this screen will also appear when suffing the internet or accsessing GPS functions etc.. This feature can also be disabled if you wish at the time of order.

Here is a pic of a couple of differnet switch panles we mocked up for the Ghia. As you can see the layout allows for a clean and easily visable
      point of interface for all your vehical fuctions.
      Each unit's graphics, back ground, switch shapes, colors, function and lay out are dictated by the customer upon order. The unit can also be set up to display in a vertical position to allow install in between the seats in narrow consoles. We will work with you each step of the way and send pics of the screen layouts, so you can change or tweek whatever you want before the unit is every shipped. That means that every unit is unique to the customer, it's your unit. This is why we called it MiMOD (My Modifications)

Things like back dorund graphics and color can be changed from the screen itself. And if you would like button added, removed, changed or a screen added, there is no charge to have it done. Just call up customer service and start the desgin process, o.k the upgarde or change once you have seen it via e-mail; and they send out a new program that will interface with the unit. Done. No ther unit on the planet offers this degree of customizing.

The unit is also capable of displaying just about any sensor. For eg... air ride suspension pressure, ride height, or outside air temp..ect. We are also working on the innerface for a TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) That will alow you to check tire pressures from the screen, tire temps and give alarms for low air or hi temp.

The unit will be OBDII capable in the very near furure. Allowing you to monitor every possible engine perameter as well as clear bad codes as needed.

Yet another feature we are currently testing, is a WIfi upgrade that will allow you to down load all information to a home copmuter, cell phone or lap top for anaylisis, before, after or during a race.
      Aside from this the unit will also be GPS, and back up camera compatiable. And we also offer a split screen option that allows you to display basic gauges such as speedo, tach, Iol pressure, fuel level, vots..etc... in a second panle located behind the steering wheel, while leveing all the other features and touch interfacing to the first unit loctated in the dash or console.

We have some other very cool features in the works, but I think you get the idea.
      The units come in 3 basic setups.
      Stage 1- for switching and basic monitoring (back up camera and GPS)
      Stage 2 unit for- switching, included OBDII upgrade and wifi
      Stage 3- Switching, OBDII, Wifi and split screen extrem package.

The basic unit cane be upgraded as need to any stage, as needed.

So tell me what you guys think about this. Any changes? any added features you would like to see? Thanks for the input.

I forgot to mention a few features so I thought I would add them like this.
      The unit can also run HD or Sat raido, and we also offer a enternatinment pack that will play MP3 and Videos as well. These are option upgrades when you order.
      Besides that it can also opperate climate control . Thanks

Thanks for the updates and the PM Jamie. I was looking at the MiMod EV site. Keep us posted on developments. I like what is here already and really want to see more. Also looking forward to seeing how this integrates with ISIS.

Also, do you have any pics of what the screens look like when monitoring air pressure and ride height? Does the system work with the internal ride height sensors already built into the Shockwaves for example, or does it need an external sensor? This thing is great!!!
      Will Ellis
      Build Thread

Thanks for the updates and the PM Jamie. I was looking at the MiMod EV site. Keep us posted on developments. I like what is here already and really want to see more. Also looking forward to seeing how this integrates with ISIS.

Also, do you have any pics of what the screens look like when monitoring air pressure and ride height? Does the system work with the internal ride height sensors already built into the Shockwaves for example, or does it need an external sensor? This thing is great!!!

Hey,

We are currenlty working on the air suspsnsion side of things. Our focus is on being able to adjust the air suspension as well as monitor all 4 corners. Not sure when we will have that ready, but it's in the works.
      One thing to note is that if a person wanted to buy a unit to utilize all the current programs, they can always upgrade the programing later to deal with the air ride, Radio, video, wifi etc... or whatever new developments we come up with. We made this unit easily expandable. Our goal is to do it all, in one unit.

Hope that helps.

WOW! What a super cool and unique build! My parents had a Ghia when I was a kid. Froze to death here in MN during the Winter!

"Project Scarelane" - 1967 Ford Fairlane 500XL Pro-Tour

WOW dude thats crazy and the fab work is also over the top.. post this in the project section if you haven't already!
      68 Camaro under construction

-Chris-

WOW.... just wow!!!!

Can't wait to watch this one come together

Hello everyone

I have had a few questions about relays. The MiModHP uses the standard relays found in a vehical wiring system. So if you have a new wiring ahrness like EZ-Wiring for eg, then your set.
      We are also working on complete unit that would include a full vehical wiring harness system integrated for those who are build from the gorund up. Thanks again for all the support and kind comments on the build and this product.

if you guys set up premade relay banks correlating with the amount of channels, it would make install alot easier. how many channels out is possible?
      Scott R. (vinny)

misha widebody SL55 highly modded
      -67 camaro ttls/viper t56, 350z irs, full frame, in the works
      -porsche cayenne turbo 175hp added over stock
      -other crap that just hauls me around!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast