Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks everyone, the people here are making us feel right at home. Nice to be around people that know the effort we have into the car.

Very nice! I can honestly say that is one combo I had never thought of. Welcome to the forum!
      Benjamin

Twin Dusters
      '72 Plymouth Duster "Aero Duster" project
      '72 Plymouth Duster "Daily Duster" project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...RO-DUSTER-quot

there's insane and then there's insane, this is definitely the latter, wow, just goes to prove what you can do with cubic money....wow
      Dodge29

Are you going to show it or show it and drive it? If you need someone to test drive it, I have no problem flying down and taking it out for a spin.

I used to build vw,s back in the early 90,s i would be happy with 100hp in a bug and they wouldnt last long . Your car is amazing nice work . I am with ismael if you need a test pilot let me know .

Quote Originally Posted by Bjkadron View Post
      Very nice! I can honestly say that is one combo I had never thought of. Welcome to the forum!
      Yeah, there's a few VW - Viper combo's out there...

Here a nice steet car:

Ray
      FEW FRILLS, just BIG CHILLS!!!
      1972 VW Bug (427LS/T56 Magnum/9"-3.70 gears)
      18"x10-1/2" (315/30/18) Front, 18”x12" (335/30/18”) Rear
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Lady-Bug-quot

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
      Are you going to show it or show it and drive it? If you need someone to test drive it, I have no problem flying down and taking it out for a spin.

I have never built a car I dont drive. This is definatley a driver. I have plans to see that 205 MPH is really just a therory

Quote "Yeah, there's a few VW - Viper combo's out there...

Here a nice steet car:

Any idea how the perfromance was on this VW bu with the V10 Viper? The ghia should be a little better Aero dynamically. Nice work though

Welcome!!! I'm glad to see you've made it here. I've been following your build on the Alley for a long time. I love what you are doing and can't wait to see more.
      Will Ellis
      1969 Dodge Dart Swinger, 1/2 Dart / 1/2 Viper...
      Build Thread

omg sick project!!
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

Country Flag: Netherlands
      Welcome, welcome, welcome!

Yesterday I welcomed a newbe with a 37 Chevy truck to this site and told him that I really like 'different' projects. This definitely also falls right into that category. Awesome project and please, please, please; keep us posted!

I'm loving all these different builds...... These guys are doing such cool one off stuff it's just unreal and way cool....
      Carbon Kustoms Limited
      A.K.A. Albert from Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by wellis77 View Post
      Welcome!!! I'm glad to see you've made it here. I've been following your build on the Alley for a long time. I love what you are doing and can't wait to see more.
      It' been ahile since I have posted on the Alley. Allot has happened since my last post there. The guys at Volks Rodders have been my main stay for a long time. The people here seem really cool and I am pleased I can share my build here. Thanks for following the build so long. Cheers

cool build looking forward to the progress

Quote Originally Posted by kjwalters View Post
      Any idea how the perfromance was on this VW bug with the V10 Viper? The ghia should be a little better Aero dynamically. Nice work though
      This V10 Bug was this guy's 5th V8/V10 Bug project. He built it with a "Pro Street" style suspension and tires sizes... Therefore, I don't think he'd be taking any corners very fast but I'm sure it's a pretty good thrill in a straight line!!
      Ray
      FEW FRILLS, just BIG CHILLS!!!
      1972 VW Bug (427LS/T56 Magnum/9"-3.70 gears)
      18"x10-1/2" (315/30/18) Front, 18”x12" (335/30/18”) Rear
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Lady-Bug-quot

Quote Originally Posted by 1971CHEVELLE View Post
      Welcome to the site....Awesome protect

Thanks, it's been an challenging project to say the least. But I think the rewards will out weigh all the issues we've had.

..That thing is beyond impressive!!
      Tim
      71' Demon-408, efi, 'viper spec' T56, Dana 60 w/ triangulated 4 link

the power delivery of the v10's is pretty brutal. 650hp isn't setting records, but, when you have 700ft lbs slightly off idle, you will be screaming yourself when you hit that loud pedal!!!! hahaha
      dam cool project. all the billet suspension is just sick!

Quote Originally Posted by overZealous1 View Post
      the power delivery of the v10's is pretty brutal. 650hp isn't setting records, but, when you have 700ft lbs slightly off idle, you will be screaming yourself when you hit that loud pedal!!!! hahaha
      dam cool project. all the billet suspension is just sick!
      Thanks for the info. I know the 650 isnt anything crazy. But I have had so many crazy cars that were streetable...but barley. I wanted somehting I could drive for the weekend an not worry about the crap that goes anlong with that sort of car. I must be getting old..LOL
      I think I might be a little low on the numbers as far as HP but anything in that area should be plently for me. It's nice to here from somone with viper experiance. Thanks for the input.

So, after talking with the moderators I have been given the o.k to post some info about the product I had mentioned eailer in the thread.
      Being that I am a product representitve as of last week, i wanted to be sure I didnt cross any forum rules. Since this product has been designed for use in the Ghia, this info is relevent to the build, and all the work that has went into it. So here we go.

The unit we developed is a touch screen interface that takes the place of all your typlical toggles and switches. But, it's far more than that.
      Besides switching things like, fuel pumps, fans, lights, door locks, windows, truck release etc...The unit offers some really unit features, that people who build custom cars will love. Some of these features were only available to OEM manufactures....until now.

Below you will see the opening screen for the ghia. This pic can also be used as a background as well. We placed a rough rendering just for mockup. The user will be able to have a pic of there vehical installed before shipping.

Another feature of the unit is that it offers a standard security system, that is far better than anything out there. The unit has a security screen that appears after the opening screen. It will cue the driver to enter his/her pin or code (customer chosen). Until the code is entered nothing the screen controls will be able to be activated. Fuel pumps, lights, ignition etc.... once activated this screen will also appear when suffing the internet or accsessing GPS functions etc.. This feature can also be disabled if you wish at the time of order.

Here is a pic of a couple of differnet switch panles we mocked up for the Ghia. As you can see the layout allows for a clean and easily visable
      point of interface for all your vehical fuctions.
      Each unit's graphics, back ground, switch shapes, colors, function and lay out are dictated by the customer upon order. The unit can also be set up to display in a vertical position to allow install in between the seats in narrow consoles. We will work with you each step of the way and send pics of the screen layouts, so you can change or tweek whatever you want before the unit is every shipped. That means that every unit is unique to the customer, it's your unit. This is why we called it MiMOD (My Modifications)

Things like back dorund graphics and color can be changed from the screen itself. And if you would like button added, removed, changed or a screen added, there is no charge to have it done. Just call up customer service and start the desgin process, o.k the upgarde or change once you have seen it via e-mail; and they send out a new program that will interface with the unit. Done. No ther unit on the planet offers this degree of customizing.

The unit is also capable of displaying just about any sensor. For eg... air ride suspension pressure, ride height, or outside air temp..ect. We are also working on the innerface for a TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) That will alow you to check tire pressures from the screen, tire temps and give alarms for low air or hi temp.

The unit will be OBDII capable in the very near furure. Allowing you to monitor every possible engine perameter as well as clear bad codes as needed.

Yet another feature we are currently testing, is a WIfi upgrade that will allow you to down load all information to a home copmuter, cell phone or lap top for anaylisis, before, after or during a race.
      Aside from this the unit will also be GPS, and back up camera compatiable. And we also offer a split screen option that allows you to display basic gauges such as speedo, tach, Iol pressure, fuel level, vots..etc... in a second panle located behind the steering wheel, while leveing all the other features and touch interfacing to the first unit loctated in the dash or console.

We have some other very cool features in the works, but I think you get the idea.
      The units come in 3 basic setups.
      Stage 1- for switching and basic monitoring (back up camera and GPS)
      Stage 2 unit for- switching, included OBDII upgrade and wifi
      Stage 3- Switching, OBDII, Wifi and split screen extrem package.

The basic unit cane be upgraded as need to any stage, as needed.

So tell me what you guys think about this. Any changes? any added features you would like to see? Thanks for the input.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast