Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

New rear end installation

I am replacing a 10-bolt mono-leaf rear end with a new 12-bolt multi-leaf. The 12-bolt has the multi-leaf spring perches. I will be purchasing new lower shock plates for the multi-leafs and I was wondering if I also will need new leaf spring mounting pads for the new multi-leaf springs. I notice that Rick's sells a multi-leaf mounting pad that appears to be rubber. Are those types of mounting pads recommended or are there other mounting pads that would be better for a pro-touring car?

Country Flag: United States

Prothane SPring Pads

Click on the "Spring Isolators" heading to see what Prothane offers. I have them in my car, not sure if it is considered better than rubber for handling but I assumed that it was.
      Jeff
      1971 RS Camaro: PAINKILLER

Thanks Jeff, How do you like them? any squeeking problems? I have heard about poly bushings causing squeeking problems.

in this case squeeking may be better than snapping or grinding....you should be ok with these. The bushing sometime squeek when not maintained correctly. Hi Jeff!
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Minimal squeaking from leaf pads

Woody,
      You shouldn't get much squeakage from a leaf spring pad as it is not between rotating parts like spring eye or control arm bushings.

Vince,
      Hi stranger! We need to hookup sometime, maybe at a goodguys show or something. Hope all is well with you!
      Jeff
      1971 RS Camaro: PAINKILLER

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com