Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Really hate seeing Costa Mesa go away. Lots closer than Del Mar for the "real" So Cal guys, but I guesss Del Mar is better for the San Diego and Arizona fellas.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'

cant believe they moved indy from the dragstrip, but cuising the speedway will be really cool...
      Scott
      Built LTX, TKO600, 12Bolt

Country Flag: United States
      Really bummed about the Costa Mesa Event being put to pasture............At least they added a 2nd Del Mar Event. I just really loved Costa M cause it was in our backyard. Well what can ya do right? Just keep attending ALL the events, if we "car Owners" keep showing up they'll keep having the shows, we don't show up, you know what happens, we start losing shows!! So get up off your butts, wipe the dust of your cars, and start taking them to the shows, especially the good guys shows!!
      Rob Phillips -PCHRODS, inc

1969 CHEVROLET C10 -
      1967 Chevrolet C10R

PCHRODS Facebook page
      C10R Facebook page

"there's no replacement for displacement"

--Self motivated by doing things that people say can't be done--

Quote Originally Posted by lower90xcab View Post
      cant believe they moved indy from the dragstrip, but cuising the speedway will be really cool...

If they do it right you will really like the track and the facilities, the museum is right there too and more room than you can imagine. Going around the track is what I will be there for unless there is a date with a trackday going on.
      May The Horsepower Be With You !!!

Wanted to give you guys a little update from Goodguys on the Goodguys AutoCross at 15 of our 21 events.

First off we will be having AutoCross at both the spring and Fall Del Mar events, sorry that Costa Mesa is not on the schedule as we did not see a good return on the event with car count and spectator count being less than projected.

At Columbus we will have the regular AutoCross for participants running Friday until noon. We will then run through the Street Machine of the Year contenders and go back to regular running after that. We will have a full day Saturday of running participants and Vendors. Susnday will be a sponsor only shoot out to determine the best of the best for 2011. We will do this on a qualifing and ladder runoff to determine the winner.

Some of our events will have competition on Sunday like Nashville, Joliet, Kansas and the two get-togethers in Pleasanton.

Also the new event in Indy at the Indy 500 track will have an AutoCross. This will be huge as the area is nice with really good pavement and the viewing will be great. Hope to see all of you at the Brickyard for the WIX Filters Speedway Nationals.

We are still limiting the events to 72 and older except for the two in Pleasanton that are all years. We are discussing an all years on the East coast or mid-west for 2012 but nothing is confirmed.

As far as the size of the AutoCross it is determined by the space that we have and the insurance regulations to have this competition inside the event. Size is to keep the speeds down and to keep it safe. Some events like Texas and Des Moines we open it up a little to give it a little more speed but we have to always think of safety of both the cars and the spectators.

Goodguys will once again be having the Editors Shootout. This year it will be held at Del mar Spring and we will be using three sponsor cars to make the competition fair to all editors. The three cars are: The optima 68 Camaro, The ridetech 69 Mustang and the Hotchkis 71 Challenger. This should be a real cool show to watch and be a part of.

Goodguys will also list your top times on our web site for each event. www.goodguysautocross.com

I hope this helps with some of your questions.

Thanks Goodguy Ed
      Last edited by Goodguy Ed; 02-16-2011 at 11:35 AM. Reason: left this out.

im thinking the fall del mar event will be like the costa mesa event who will go on thanksgiving to a car show just my 2 cents but ill be there all 3 days for the april event
      john
      1972 NOVA SPEED TECH TORQUE ARM AND FRONT ARMS , RUSHFORTH NIGHT TRAINS, DRIVERZ INC
      BUILD LINK
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...t-(GREY-MATTER)

John,
      Goodguys looked at other events on that weekend and how they do before we decided on this. Turkey Rod Run in Daytona is huge and the Houston AutoRama is also very large. We looked at what do you do after Thrusday and decided it would be great to be able to go to an event during Black Friday and for the weekend.

I hope you decide to come and join us over the weekend and run the AutoCross in the Fall.

Well, I don't like to bitch much, but i want GoodGuys and the competitors to know this one. Today I recieved my "prize package" from Bridgestone. Since Scottsdale, they coud not tell me what the deal was, so after Del-Mar, I contacted the rep, who said that it was a 'Surprise', and mailed in my three winning coupons. What did they send back? ..... wait for it....... 1-a small Leatherman knock-off, 2-an L.E.D. flashlight, that doesn't work, and 3-a small plug in travel cooler. OK, I win a lot of these, and thats not why I compete, but it seams to me, that compared to companies like BFG, ridetech, optima, ....... that acually support these events, this is a jip. It just feels like there ripping off Goodguys and the competitors, and riding along with the other sponsors that do support us. No Bridgestone's for me. Anybody need a broken flashlight?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com