Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Some pic's Sunday Morning Gathering

Here is a feature car from PHR and some other fine muscle

Sunday Gathering

This gathering takes place at Oak Beach Inn in Long Island NY every sunday starting at 8am-12noon

Is that the '69 Camaro that Johnson's Rod Shop built for Bob Johnson of Barrett/Jackson Car Search fame? What part of Long Island do you guys meet? Is it off the Southern State P/W or LIE? I'd like to come out one Sunday. Thanks - Jack

Its off the robert mosses causeway near jones beach but you are write about the builder it was a feature car in PHR

Country Flag: United States
      Looks like I missed a good week. Had a wedding in the city. Next Sunday shouls be good for me.

I'll be there too looking foward to the meet

Cool pics! I've got to get to that meet one of these weeks. Looks like some great cars!

Holy Crap! I know my left leg will probably get sore sitting in traffic, but I'll take my car across the GWB to see some of those things in person!
      Steve Ragusa - North Jersey
      2006 Infiniti G35x
      Former Build - 1988 Monte Carlo SS - ZZ4-cammed TPI 355, F-body serpentine conversion, World-Class 5-speed, Eibachs/Bilsteins, Howe tall LBJs, 34mm hollow front swaybar, 3/4" straight rear bar, 17" Coys C55s, 12" front discs, and more. Sold on 2/28/11.

Love that black camaro.Rims are awesome on that car. Heres my sunday photo, local show, got rained on.
      Wish i had a dollar for everyone that asked if i was gonna get rims for the camaro.
      One guy said my green camaro reminded him of the orange cheevelle he had in high school.
      One kid asked me if my car was the bad guys car on starsky and hutch
      That made my day!

Can someone post an exact address so I can get directions? And is there an entry fee like a show, or is it just a free cruise-in?
      2006 Infiniti G35x
      Former Build - 1988 Monte Carlo SS - ZZ4-cammed TPI 355, F-body serpentine conversion, World-Class 5-speed, Eibachs/Bilsteins, Howe tall LBJs, 34mm hollow front swaybar, 3/4" straight rear bar, 17" Coys C55s, 12" front discs, and more. Sold on 2/28/11.

Doesn;t really have an address since its just what remains of the old Oak Beach Inn. Google search Captree State Park. That'll get you close. Then follow the smell of racing fuel. I love the smell of CAM2 in the morning.

Captree State Park is closest location here is the map

Thanks for the info Steve. Looks like about an hour drive for me, not bad at all. Is anyone heading there from the western end of LI that I could follow out there one Sunday? I'd be coming in across the GWB, so if someone is close by that would be cool.
      2006 Infiniti G35x

It's an early morning thing, so it's probably better if you come out the night before, crash at my place, hit the get-together at 8AM then head home Sunday afternoon. Email me for the address. ROAD TRIP!!

Thanks for the invite Steve! I sent you an e-mail so we can discuss it further.
      2006 Infiniti G35x

how far is that from the throgs neck, I would take an early morning ride while i still have highway gears! The weekend of june fourth I will be coming back from out on the island i could detour and check it out. Ralph if you are reading this I could grab my c/a's if you are around .

Sounds good. It's about 35-40 miles.

Directions from points west. GW Bridge.

-GW Bridge to Cross Bronx Expressway (yuk!)
      -To Whitestone Bridge or Throgs Neck Bridge
      -To Cross Island Parkway
      -To Southern State Parkway. Can also take Long Island Expressway
      -To Sagtikos Parkway South towards Robert Moses Causeway
      Sagtikos is exit 53 off LIE or 41 off Southern State
      -Over the big bridge (I almost bought it hard on this bridge last year on the V-Rod)
      -Over smaller draw bridge
      -Ocean Parkway west
      -Less than a mile up you will see parking lot with lots of activity on your left. Hot Rods, cool bikes--and the usual police presence. There's no building or other landmark, so you are basically looking for a busy parking lot.
      -Bang a U-ey and your there.

Thanks for posting directions Steve. I'm hoping to make it out this Sunday if the weather is good. Looking forward to it!
      2006 Infiniti G35x

if the weathers good I am in. I take 287 to 95 to the throgs neck, I should get there about 9 am. Is there someplace nearby to grab food or should I eat before i leave?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com