Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

1969 Camaro build

So I figured it might be time to start a build thread. I bought this car in January of 2010 with the intention of doing a pro-touring build. The priorities were for it to be powerful but street friendly, modern handling, and a nice interior. The initial basic plan was:
      • LS engine
      • 6 speed manual
      • aftermarket front subframe
      • aftermarket rear suspension
      • mini tub
      • matte paint job
      • custom interior
      I spent a lot of time looking for the right car. I wanted to find one that either had no engine/tranny, or one that was blown up so I didn't have to spend a ton of money on a car with parts I knew I wouldn't need. At the same time I wanted a rust free, or mostly rust free shell to work with since I have no experience doing body work. I found this one in Sacramento owned by a guy who's business was not doing too well. He spent a lot of money on it already by having the outside of the body bead blasted and primed, and having most of the metal replaced. Everything looked like it lined up pretty well when I went to look at it. The first set of photos are of the work that he had done back in 2004. The car had been sitting in his garage since then collecting dust.

1969 Camaro finally done
      -LS376/480
      -M12 T56 6 speed manual
      -Chassisworks front subframe
      -Modified Chassisworks rear G-Link suspension
      -CCW C14 wheels in brushed titanium anodized finish. 18X12 8"bs 335/30/18 rear, 18X9 6"bs 265/35/18 front

1967 Nova - check back in a decade

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com