Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Help with alternator wiring

I installed a cs144 alternator in my 68 chevelle.. was told to run the sence wire to the junction block and the excite wire to the light...

did that and now with I hook up the + battery cable my alternator will start making noise and the light in the dash comes on.. I have put a diod and a resister in line with the idiot light and still the same problem.. Oh and this is with the ignition key off

HELP!

Country Flag: United States
      Here is good info on the CS130. It may be similar, or that same site may have CS144 info that will help.
      http://www.alternatorparts.com/cs130_sbpage1.htm
      67 Camaro RS that will be faster than anything Mary owns.

Country Flag: United States
      To begin with, has the charging system been properly converted over to an internally regulated system? That's your first step. Your remote sensing wire goes to the junction block along with whatever your are drawing voltage for-the alt. charge lead goes on opposite side of junction by itself. The white wire (if it's a parts store CS alt. connector) or if it's a stock type GM one it is the black 20-gauge wire that needs to go to a switched 12v IGN source. If you have questions, shoot me a PM-I do these swaps all the time and I can set you up with diagram of how to configure yoru wiring and what parts you'll need and why. Btw, it'd help to know everything aftermarket you are running so I can get an idea of your charging system capacity needs.

"...if at first you don't succeed, try again.
      If you still don't succeed, then quit-no sense being a damn fool about it..."
      -W.C. Fields

HARNESSWORX
      (formerly gmachinz)

i gave up on my CS130D and had it converted to a self exciting regulator. only cost $30 for the regulator and install.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com