Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Here's what color I've had in mind for the car since the start. It's a stock color Mercedes is putting on their AMG SL550s:

Country Flag: Australia
      Wow....you know, I must keep up to date more...thats the first one of those I've seen.
      Regards,
      Leigh

Sydney, Australia
      1971 Firebird 455

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...Project/page27

Country Flag: Netherlands
      Will it be ready for SEMA 2010?
      1968 Camaro, 400SBC, Baer T4 13", Airride, Autometer, 18" Intro's, March, LED taillights, Magnaflow, König seats.
      1969 Nova, LS1/4L60e, Bear brakes, ridetech suspension, AFX spindles, 69 Camaro bumpers + some custom touches.

This car is going to be sweet, love the matte paint. I wanted to do matte dark green, but I dont want to deal with all the "when you going to paint it?"
      Nathan Shaw
      71 Nova, 1000+whp 5.3, 8 second autoXer.

Quote Originally Posted by Moabdude View Post
      Will it be ready for SEMA 2010?
      No way we would be able to make it. There just isn't enough time, and our pockets aren't deep enough. We are going to take our time, do as much as we can, and try and not cut any corners, while not totally breaking the bank. My wife and I just bought our first house and are planning a family too so personally there is a lot going on for me too

Quote Originally Posted by DriverzInc View Post
      No way we would be able to make it. There just isn't enough time, and our pockets aren't deep enough. We are going to take our time, do as much as we can, and try and not cut any corners, while not totally breaking the bank. My wife and I just bought our first house and are planning a family too so personally there is a lot going on for me too

Congrats on all the above.
      ---------Fabian Sanchez-----------
      71 velle Project Syckness ATS,Rushforth wheels,PRRC, Autometer,UMI, Hotchkis,QA1,hood-latches.com, comp cams,

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=43881

You guys really have me thinking about the 73 to 74 doors, cause i also don't like the wing window. Great project cant wait for the finished product.

Country Flag: Argentina
      Quote Originally Posted by 96t/acj View Post
      You guys really have me thinking about the 73 to 74 doors, cause i also don't like the wing window. Great project cant wait for the finished product.

HAHAHA me too. I was reading and then read about the 73 doors. I was mmmmm, this sounds interesting.

If you want to drag it to our shop we will lay down a killer paint job for you.
      Tim/ Jim/ Wade

Quote Originally Posted by PRRC View Post
      Tim/ Jim/ Wade
      Guys that is awesome! It will be on it's way to you guys when it's time for paint and body! I can't wait!

Just let us know. Always happy to help a friend. Besides most of the members here I believe think of us as a source for ? Wheels? That is true. How ever we are a full service shop. So it will be great to be a part of a killer build.

Tim/ Jim/ Wade
      damn youre lucky!!!
      Tim

The WidowMaker: Garage Built 70 Chevelle

Special Thanks To: Rushforth Wheels, MuscleRodz, Kore3 & SC&C

Build Thread Link

So the cage is 99.5% done. We didn't finish the engine cross bar as we won't know how the Billet Specialties pulley's will fit and it will need to clear them.

For the door bars, I wanted to somewhat mirror the curves in the seat, and make it so you didn't bang your feet on them every time getting in and out of the car, so we came up with this:

Other than the engine bar, the floor bar at the base of the seats we're leaving for when we start designing the sheet metal floor.
      Last edited by DriverzInc; 08-16-2010 at 07:04 PM.

So with the cage in it, the next step in the build is to get some of the body fabrication knocked out. I want to run a 19x12 on the rear with a 335/30/19 NT05 from Nitto, and in order to do it, we're going to need just a little bit more room than what the DSE tubs yield so the car made its way up to Oxnard to JCG Restorations, home of "Fat bottom Camaros". Soon it will also house wide stance nova!

Chris will be executing some sweet but subtle body mods, including pulling the front and rear fenders, fitting the rear Firebird bumper, and a few other hidden tricks I'll leave up to him to show.

Chris, this part of the thread is all yours buddy. I'll try to get you more parts in the next week too.
      Last edited by DriverzInc; 08-16-2010 at 12:33 PM.

We got the qtr skins in today Jon!! We are going to start working on it mid week..

i can't wait to see the wheels in person!!

Quote Originally Posted by DriverzInc View Post
      So with the cage in it, the next step in the build is to get some of the body fabrication knocked out. I want to run a 19x12 on the rear with a 335/30/19 NT05 from Nitto, and in order to do it, we're going to need just a little bit more room than what the DSE tubs yield so the car made its way up to Oxnard to JCG Restorations, home of "Fat bottom Camaros". Soon it will also house wide stance nova!

Chris will be executing some sweet but subtle body mods, including pulling the front and rear fenders, fitting the rear Firebird bumper, and a few other hidden tricks I'll leave up to him to show.

Chris, this part of the thread is all yours buddy. I'll try to get you more parts in the next week too.

Oh boy, cant wait to see this!!
      Nathan Shaw
      71 Nova, 1000+whp 5.3, 8 second autoXer.

Oh yeah---this is getting good---

Doug

Jon, I salute you for being bold, and going flat white. White is the new "in" color, and flat white means you must just be another step ahead of the curve. I saw the car and rendering at Cris's shop several weeks ago. Man this is going to be awesome. I'm looking forward to the day when you can get out there and kill some cones with the rest of us.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by 69MSA View Post
      Jon, I salute you for being bold, and going flat white. White is the new "in" color, and flat white means you must just be another step ahead of the curve. I saw the car and rendering at Cris's shop several weeks ago. Man this is going to be awesome. I'm looking forward to the day when you can get out there and kill some cones with the rest of us.

Matt
      Thanks Matt! I struggled with the color choice. I've always been a black/grey/silver kind of guy, but white has been really catching my eye lately, and after learning of the matte pearl Mercedes came out with, I just have to do it. That with some black and grey accents I think will really look good. Wish me luck!

Cutting it up!

We started slicing away sheetmetal Jon!! We are going to have to change it up a little since you dropped of the car... but the results will still be a fat bottom.. LOL!!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com