Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

LS GM Serpentine Drive Kits

Here is some information that might help you guys when using GM drive kits..

I will have more information as I use these systems on builds here @ the shop..

Here we have a LQ9 motor that has a harmonic balancer,water pump, & supercharger for a LS2 2006 GTO that I purchased for a car here @ the shop.. The iron block does not have all the necessary bolt holes for the alternator brackets so this is what I did.. I purchased a LS Corvette track system from Pace Performace without the A/C compressor ( part #19155167) cause it holds the alternator & P/S on one bracket that mounts on the cylinder head.. but the LS2 track system sits about 3/4 out on the harmonic balancer..

So I measured it up & machined a spacer that mounts behind the alternator/power steering bracket to get proper belt alignment..

We also had to machine some spacers for the belt tensioner..

Here is the final assembly with belt system..

I really like using the LS Corvette Sepentine System because it mounts the alternator high & helps with trying to fit everything low.. I will be using this kit & making components to make them fit on other LS track systems.. I have a L99 out of 2010 Camaro that is next which pushes it out about 1.25 & needs to run the alternator high because it is on a 2nd gen Camaro that runs the steering box in front..
      keep you posted!
      Last edited by Cris@JCG; 07-29-2010 at 07:26 PM.

Country Flag: United States
      Excellent! This ought to save someone a butt load of money.

MarkK

i have the same system on my 5.3 but i used a corvette balancer and water pump. i did not need to do any spacing on my 69. this system is hard to beat for the money and looks really good, unless you like alot of bling.

Cris

Have you done any spacers for an a/c application, with the truck motor?

Here are some A/C brackets & pulleys we did for a car here @ the shop.. it is a LS2.. I would have to look for the extra set of brackets that we did & check the fit..

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Louie View Post
      Cris

Have you done any spacers for an a/c application, with the truck motor?

yes, i purchased the kit from vintage air and i am running the same a/c compressor as pictured. the va kit cost me like 60 or 70 bucks and it didn't fit exactly right(had to shorten it up to bring compressor closer to the block.
      Attached Images Attached Images    

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com