Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

LS GM Serpentine Drive Kits

Here is some information that might help you guys when using GM drive kits..

I will have more information as I use these systems on builds here @ the shop..

Here we have a LQ9 motor that has a harmonic balancer,water pump, & supercharger for a LS2 2006 GTO that I purchased for a car here @ the shop.. The iron block does not have all the necessary bolt holes for the alternator brackets so this is what I did.. I purchased a LS Corvette track system from Pace Performace without the A/C compressor ( part #19155167) cause it holds the alternator & P/S on one bracket that mounts on the cylinder head.. but the LS2 track system sits about 3/4 out on the harmonic balancer..

So I measured it up & machined a spacer that mounts behind the alternator/power steering bracket to get proper belt alignment..

We also had to machine some spacers for the belt tensioner..

Here is the final assembly with belt system..

I really like using the LS Corvette Sepentine System because it mounts the alternator high & helps with trying to fit everything low.. I will be using this kit & making components to make them fit on other LS track systems.. I have a L99 out of 2010 Camaro that is next which pushes it out about 1.25 & needs to run the alternator high because it is on a 2nd gen Camaro that runs the steering box in front..
      keep you posted!
      Last edited by Cris@JCG; 07-29-2010 at 07:26 PM.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com