Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
      This is THE BADDEST looking second gen F body I've ever seen. I've always liked the early 70s Firebirds more than the Camaros. Can't wait to see this at SEMA. Hope you guys find some time to sleep in the next week. Good luck with the thrash!

Chris Jacobs

We’ve been going non-stop on the final touches and assembly. We added numerous changes under the hood and the interior that should turn some heads in Vegas. Here’s a sneak peak – hood, center column and heat shield on the fuel cell. My next post will be from the SEMA floor. Hope to see some of you there!

Also, here’s the detail on how we attached the front valance to the core support.

Country Flag: Australia
      really looking forward to the finished pics.....truely amazing piece of auto art!
      Regards,
      Leigh

Sydney, Australia
      1971 Firebird 455

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...Project/page27

Country Flag: United States
      That is a neat approach with the turbos and inner fenderliners....
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454

The “Bird” has landed in Vegas and is in the Forgiato booth. I couldn’t resist sharing these pictures where were shot just before it was loaded on the truck Thursday. The car had not been detailed but it was still picture worthy. The guys at All Speed killed themselves the last 6 weeks of this build to complete their vision – especially the engine bay where they made numerous last minute changes/modifications. Nice work boys!

Thanks to everyone for the interest and input in this build and I hope you will be reading about this in some upcoming publications. I will be sharing photos and video of the SEMA show and the reaction to the car. A HD digital camera has been installed in the car so we can share some real-time footage of this beast going down the road.

Thanks again to all sponsors that made this happen.

Enjoy!

Wow. Have you taken it for a ride yet? Not trying to nitpick, but is the center stripe straight...pic 8 makes it look off.
      1973 Trans Am 455 SR block, ported 6x-8 heads, solid cam, Victor intake, 830 CSU carb, aluminum rods, 77mm Garrett turbo and methanol injection. 1064hp at the flywheel@5500 rpm

The stripe also looks off to me but maybe its just the pic?

Country Flag: Canada
      Looks really impressive. Glad to see a project get completed.

wow!!!!
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

Haven't had the chance to take it for a ride yet. It was a blitz to the finish. You are right, the stripe is a bit off because they had not finished the final tweaking of the hood and fenders when it was taken.

Quote Originally Posted by aronhk_md View Post
      Wow. Have you taken it for a ride yet? Not trying to nitpick, but is the center stripe straight...pic 8 makes it look off.

Just a amazing build, the hard work and many details really show on your ride, Iam sure it will be a huge hit at SEMA!

-Jim

Love that the welds on the intake tubes are still visible. Car looks fantastic. Good luck at the show!
      Trey

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
      ~ Jon Hammond

1979 WS6 Trans Am stock LT1/T56 drive train out of my Formula. BMW M-parallel rims. C5/C6 brakes

build thread https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=begins

Those Firebird hood snouts are really aggresive ! Exciting car. Needs air filters ha ha !

are you guys leaving the stock gauges?

All gauges are stock except for those in the center console - boost, air/fuel ratio and exhaust temp. It is actually an original (not recovered) dash pad. The gauges are original and were professionally restored.

Quote Originally Posted by yodas little brother View Post
      are you guys leaving the stock gauges?

I know you must be itching to take it for a spin...I know I would. LOL. Just remember to watch that air/fuel gauge. Stay rich because lean sucks. As boost kicks in my tendency is to take my eyes off that gauge because the road is sort of important too.......lol. But I know I'm still very rich...at 10.2 - 10.4 at 10 psi. If I truly seek the best tune I should be over 1100hp, but really its not worth the worry. I think I'll just get close to it and that will be good enough.
      1973 Trans Am 455 SR block, ported 6x-8 heads, solid cam, Victor intake, 830 CSU carb, aluminum rods, 77mm Garrett turbo and methanol injection. 1064hp at the flywheel@5500 rpm

Right on. I cannot wait to get behind the wheel. Great info on the air/fuel ratios, will keep an eye on this. This is my first real boosted car. Due to the dual injectors it will take a little time to really dial in.

I will upload some shots from the show tonight.

Country Flag: Australia
      looks great......can't wait to see show pics. Hard to type...the awesomeness from the screen is blinding me.......
      Regards,
      Leigh

Sydney, Australia
      1971 Firebird 455

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...Project/page27

I seen it yesturday and it looks awsome! Great job.

Looks great....Good luck!
      68 Chevelle 496 tko 600 12bolt
      81 Malibu 350 th350

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com