Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
      Tom,

Definitely ceramic coat any exhaust you want to last, but dont wrap! Do a search on wrapping exhaust components and you'll find the hotter it is the quicker the failure. It traps moisture and will rust out an area that wouldnt have otherwise. And turbos get HOT.....

Thats why wrapping has fallen out of favor.

1973 Trans Am 455 SR block, ported 6x-8 heads, solid cam, Victor intake, 830 CSU carb, aluminum rods, 77mm Garrett turbo and methanol injection. 1064hp at the flywheel@5500 rpm

Country Flag: United States
      love asp work you are going to have a killer car one of a kind!!!!

Going to be a nice car good work man...
      My Rides
      72 Cuda (Back to work on it)
      09 Challenger R/T (RIP)
      12 Ram R/T DD

I completely agree. We are going to ceramic coat everything in lieu of wrapping. A more intelligent alternative!

Scot, thanks in advance for letting me use your wheels for a few hours to check the gapping, ride height and snap some pics. My wheels should arrive Friday. Can’t wait to meet you in person at SEMA.

The car is primed and in the process of being final-blocked. The hood you see in the pictures is a stock hood, not our modified hood. We get that back on Friday and took the time to make molds of the scoops in case other people want to modify their formula hood to something more aggressive.

We decided to remove the stock hood latch so that the intake pipes can come straight out toward the front and down into the intercoolers. We are installing two flush-mount Aero Catch latches on the hood. The guys at All Speed created custom pockets for the intake plumbing. They created a pocket in the center for a emblem.

Paint has been selected and ordered and we will be spraying on Saturday. I plan to record that!

Thank to everyone for the awesome feedback over the last few months. It has kept us on our toes and identified several issues that we needed to address.

Enjoy!

It's looking great! Nice work on the body mods. It will be cool to see it in paint!

Yes, looking great. Many people have a hard time visualizing with incomplete projects....my ex was one, and she would admit it....but I can see where its going.

On that note...do you have a plan to make new inner wheel wells, none at all, or modify the old?

Mine is going to be a one piece tilt front end, so you wont have the same visual impression.....I may add a partial wheel well regardless for support and to deflect road trash.
      1973 Trans Am 455 SR block, ported 6x-8 heads, solid cam, Victor intake, 830 CSU carb, aluminum rods, 77mm Garrett turbo and methanol injection. 1064hp at the flywheel@5500 rpm

Hawt!!

Quote Originally Posted by aronhk_md View Post
      Yes, looking great. Many people have a hard time visualizing with incomplete projects....my ex was one, and she would admit it....but I can see where its going.

On that note...do you have a plan to make new inner wheel wells, none at all, or modify the old?

Mine is going to be a one piece tilt front end, so you wont have the same visual impression.....I may add a partial wheel well regardless for support and to deflect road trash.

We are creating new close out panels for the wheel wells. We will use the existing inner wheel wells as a base. Likely going to cut and enlarge them and expand their coverage from front to back. No sense sandblasting everything inside from road dirt.

All of have to say is this is one of the baddest T/A's that I have seen. Love this build. I am currently in the hunt for a project 70-73 Trans Am or Firebird.

Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see the finished product.
      Blake

1987 Saleen Mustang # 198

Currently looking for a 70-73 Trans Am/Firebird or Camaro. Let me know if you have one for sale.

man that thing just sits right....great job! All of the extra metal work is very flattering to that body style.
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454

Very nice work. I hope she runs as good as she looks. You guys have done a great job. I can't wait for mine to get done. We're going to have a number of sweet birds around soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug1 View Post
      Very nice work. I hope she runs as good as she looks. You guys have done a great job. I can't wait for mine to get done. We're going to have a number of sweet birds around soon.
      Name the time and place and I am there!

WOW, she looks great!!!
      Any luck on those valance pics?
      HELP!!!
      1973 TA 4 spd #'s match red/white = STOLEN
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...55#post1106255

I was skeptical about how the hood was going to turn out. I thought it looked a little too over the top from the initial pictures, but I was wrong, you guys nailed it. All of the body mods work together to make for an amazing car. I can't wait to see it in paint.
      Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by srh3trinity View Post
      I was skeptical about how the hood was going to turn out. I thought it looked a little too over the top from the initial pictures, but I was wrong, you guys nailed it. All of the body mods work together to make for an amazing car. I can't wait to see it in paint.

I think thats a stock hood. not the modified hood.
      '66 Mustang
      '67 FireBird https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...light=firebird
      '68 Barracuda
      '69 Mustang Mach 1
      '97 Mustang Cobra
      '04 Mustang Cobra

Great work! I love it!
      Mike Lara

Quote Originally Posted by cobraguy65 View Post
      I think thats a stock hood. not the modified hood.
      Looks like you are right. I looked back a few pages and it was more aggressive than I remembered. It will be interesting to see the new hood then and see how it flows with the rest of the car. Everything else has come together so nicely that the hood should come out looking pretty nice too.
      Stephen

I keep thinking of my car as the ugly duck compared to some of these cars...but then I remember that so far I only have 15K invested, and that brings the smile back to my face almost as much as rumbling down the road in it.

When I get my practice rolling in a couple of years it'll get a major facelift.

In the meantime I love living vicariously through you guys. We all stretch the envelope in different ways, and by sharing here we all benefit. I hope to meet some of you sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by aronhk_md View Post
      When I get my practice rolling in a couple of years it'll get a major facelift.

In the meantime I love living vicariously through you guys.
      I have said both of these statements many times. I am currently a Fam Med resident and I am planning on doing a Sports Med fellowship, so money is tight. I have a '74 Firebird that I am just now starting to get some parts together.
      Stephen

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com