Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      I will be out running in our Camaro tonight, hope to see some of you guys out there. Will probably just be running the last session or two.
      Jake Rozelle
      @jakerozelle
      jakerozelle12.wix.com/jakerozelleracing

I have to revive this thread since after about four years I finally made it back to Adam's!! I've also posted this stuff in my V3.0 build thread but just had to come full circle and post here too

In that time I've gone from basically a Hotchkis TVS with AFX spindles to the top of the line TCI subframe and torque arm as well as upgrading from a ZZ4 to a Mast Motorsports LS3 427. Last night was my maiden flogging of what I call V3.0 of my Camaro. I haven't been that nervous in years. It was awesome ha ha.

I was so focused on paying attention to what was going on and trying to get my car ready and monitoring engine vitals that I didn't take any pictures of some of the other bad ass rides out there. The Black Widow truck was there, The Tapout Nova, Don's hotrod and at least 3 other muscle cars/trucks. If Jason from TCI sees this post maybe he will share some of the photos he got that night.

Since 2010 the track hasn't changed but they have changed the placement of the artificial chicane on the long straight. In 2010 it was placed near the middle of the straight which kept speeds lower, now it is placed 3/4 of the way down the straight so you can get a longer run at it.

My best time in 2010 under that set up was a 48.25 based on posts in this thread that I made back then. Last night I ran a best of 44.78. The car is completely different in every way. The handling is far far better balanced, much more HP, and better brakes. I was pleased with a 44.78 given this is the first seat time I've gotten in 3 years and first time on this track in 4 years.

Official time sheets listed them both at 44.78 though my timing equipment showed slightly different as you will see.

The track at Adams is so tight that my data overlay is hard to read but here is another illustration of one of my 44 second laps. Each yellow bar represents G's greater than 0.75 and less than 1.0. Each red bar represents G's greater than 1.0.

Oh and here are some pics of my car that Jason from TCI shared in my build thread:

I want to go back the 2nd half of August so if there are any other peeps that want to join speak up! I'm really curious if I can pilot my Camaro into the 43's...
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

Damn it Chad, calling me out like that.

-J
      www.totalcostinvolved.com
      "Quality doesn't cost, it pays"

YOWCH!!!!

-J

Great pics--it's good to see this stuff getting hammered and "tested" the way it should. The damage on that truck's a bummer, but I bet the driver was having a blast when it happened (unless someone backed into it)--that's pretty much my Falcon's regular look...
      Last edited by rustomatic; 07-21-2014 at 10:58 AM. Reason: subject-verb disagreement

Sal took the Camaro out last night and we met up with Crosby and Chemello there. Crosby ended up with a power steering leak so his night was cut short. Sal still didn't get int he 44's but he ran a string of mid 45's, one 45.14 and a .....drum roll please...........45.01. I am thinking this might be a motivator to get back out there next week.

This was our first time messing with Harry's Laptimr App so hopefully next time I will actually have the laps timed properly. Otherwise the app worked great and it really helped pinpoint some of the areas that need improvement.

Here is one of Don's first session runs. He ended up with a 45.72 as his fastest for the night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbks...ature=youtu.be

-J

Anyone down to go next Tuesday 9/23? I plan on going and I think Sal is going to go back looking for his 44's.

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

Bump. Ron is gonna try and make it. TCI is bringing their Camaro and I heard Blundell might make it.

The more the merrier!

This was news to me, we've got a Overhaulin reveal tomorrow night. We bought the external GPS this morning though.

-J

Quote Originally Posted by Sales-TCI-Eng View Post
      This was news to me, we've got a Overhaulin reveal tomorrow night. We bought the external GPS this morning though.

-J
      So will you be there tonight Jason, or just Sal? Which sensor did you guys go with?

Last call for anyone else? Pretty soon all three sessions will be run in the dark so come get the daylight while you can.

What time do you guys get started?

George Dias
      1973 Camaro
      2002 SVT Lightning
      2003 Z06 Corvette

2015 Truckin Throwdown Champion http://www.trucktrend.com/events/tru...by-ebc-brakes/

It starts at 6 George, are you going?

1973 Corvette Factory Primer Car
      1969 Barracuda Convertible
      1967 Plymouth Valiant

Yep starts at 6pm for the first session there are three sessions though (6, 7, 8). You can do just one or whichever ones you want.

I plan on doing the 6pm and 7pm sessions and will stick around if anyone is doing the 8pm

Either of you guys going to make it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomswheels View Post
      It starts at 6 George, are you going?
      Can't make this evening however I may be in the area for work next week. If so, I'll drive one of my vehicles down and check it out.

George Dias
      1973 Camaro
      2002 SVT Lightning
      2003 Z06 Corvette

2015 Truckin Throwdown Champion http://www.trucktrend.com/events/tru...by-ebc-brakes/

I'll try and make next week as well...

1967 Plymouth Valiant

I'm also returning next week. Hope to see you guys there.

Chad, at least four of us from the San Diego CAM guys are coming up this Tuesday, two Hotchkis Mustangs, my Valiant, and at least one Camaro...

1967 Plymouth Valiant

Quote Originally Posted by Tomswheels View Post
      Chad, at least four of us from the San Diego CAM guys are coming up this Tuesday, two Hotchkis Mustangs, my Valiant, and at least one Camaro...
      Sweet! I'm still on track to head back tomorrow. I look forward to meeting you guys and seeing you get to run.

Back from the dead.....

Evan took the Little Sweetie Nova to Adams a few weeks back.

https://youtu.be/v_hAvpeNKSw

-J

Adams just posted on their Instagram account that Time Attack Tuesday has been cancelled indefinitely due to noise. They will of course still be running the Thursday night drift so my guess is the noise thing is just an excuse due to low attendance on Tuesdays. They will have one Time Attack event a month on Saturday instead.

-J

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com