Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Tricks for Removing Rear End 69 Bird

At the moment I have the rear sway out of the way and the drive shaft out. Before I drop the tank and start undoing the leaf springs (I already have new Hotchkis springs installed) is there any tricks to getting the rear end out without removing the tank and springs?

Thanks,

Dan

67 C10 (Project 1), 74 Chevy K5 Blazer (Project 2) 69 Firebird vert. (sold) WTB 69 PT Firebird!!!!l

Country Flag: United States
      I've never tried it on my 1st gen but swap rears on my 2nd gen regularly. I use a floor jack to lift it up and move the rear sideways. Get one side over the spring and then go the other direction and get the other side over the spring. I don't even remove the shocks from the lower plates, just swing them out of the way and wire them. Don't forget to disconnect the E brake cables and brake line.

Country Flag: United States
      what john said work good.
      67 Camaro convertible (Jinx)

Thanks guys, I did what you said and got the Pontiac rear out with little issue. I did remove the axle on one side to help with removal and I also knocked off one of the bump stops on re install. But that was because I was tired and impatient.
      67 C10 (Project 1), 74 Chevy K5 Blazer (Project 2) 69 Firebird vert. (sold) WTB 69 PT Firebird!!!!l

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com