Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      You should see my chicken legs.

beautiful bird, and nice bugeye too. i got a bugeye wagon im working on right now.
      1979 Trans Am - In the big junkyard in the sky
      1980 Turbo Trans Am - In the big junkyard in the sky

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single BURNOUT!

...still tearing apart the parts car...

Looks like all the shakers are still there

DANG...I'd probably score the whole car from you if we were closer...lol
      Josh

1968 Firebird project thread - https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...41#post1180941

A few updates....finished up the lights on the front end and am getting prepared to do some welding. I'm borrowing my brother's 110V wire welder. Hopefully I can make a decent bead after doing some practice passes on some scrap metal. It's been at least 10 years since I've welded anything, and that was with a stick welder. Any tips are appreciated.

I got the hellas installed and the front spoiler. I still need to add another support brace on the driver's side horn.

I'm trying to find a good place for all the sensors (bottom) for the Passport SRX radar. I got in on CL about a year ago for super cheap. The two big ones are laser shifters and the big one is the radar sensor for the front. There's another shifter that I installed on the rear license plate bracket.

btw, that little air wrench under the car is one of the most awesome tools I have. It makes removing bolts a snap.

I found a buddy who has a MIG - I plan to get the bars welded on this friday, pretty or not.

I spy Subaru horns - at least thats what my buddy has on his '05 Legacy GT!

Update is looking good!
      2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496
      2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD LLY / Allison
      2014 Chevy SS LS3 / 4 Door

Quote Originally Posted by bonecrrusher View Post
      I spy Subaru horns - at least thats what my buddy has on his '05 Legacy GT!

Update is looking good!

Agreed! Nice touch with the Hella supertones... you may have started a new trend in PT... Nice car too, keep up the good work!

-Sean

Hehe, yeah, I had to carry that one over from the WRX. Those horns are awesome and I wouldn't have any other.

Got the cage welded in. My welds are, of course, prettiest where no one will see them. The ones that are visible are going to take some grinding. All were done using a flux core 110V MIG.

I'm going to try to use everclear metal glaze or a rage product to fill in the low points before painting.

decent weld:

meh welds:

Damn, almost 2 months since updates :\

Got the roll cage finished It came out pretty well:

Removing all the bagillion screws to change out the wheel hoops. The stainless hardware is pretty soft:

I don't think I'm going to re-seal them (they're 3-piece). I've heard stories of people having to pry them apart. I'm going to see if I can work some tricks to keep them in slight compression while I'm changing the hoops.

Installing the A/C stuff:

Apparently the 6x9's I have stick up some...i.e. a lot :unamused: . They're 10 years old anyway, so I think I'm just going to get some new ones. After measuring, the holes that someone cut in the back panel don't line up with my fiberglass cover :unamused:

Raising the speaker covers with some grommets...still not enough though :unamused:

I'm hoping the speaker covers will hide the fact that the speakers aren't centered, because it was a b*tch to drill those holes (for the studs that are attached to the fiberglass panel) laying in the trunk. Almost every hole was on a triangular ridge.

Also, if you plan on installing a cage (DSE, whatever), I don't recommend blowing $180 on the pre-formed Marquez Bro's fiberglass rear dash panel. You're just going to have to hack it up...a lot. Plus, the holes don't come pre-cut for the speakers. I'd say this is one of the silliest buys to date and this money would have been merited elsewhere.

I had the same problem with a new set of speakers. I took the old speakers and broke the top mount off. I then centered the top portion on my table saw and cut it in half. That gave me the extra thickness that I needed to get the tweeters under the package tray.

So you used the top rim of the old speakers as a spacer for the new speakers? I was intially planning on leaving the speaker covers rasied ~3/8" just for show, but now I'm thinking that flush would look better.

After travling to near the end of the internet, which happens to be somewhere in the middle of Wisconsin, I finally found a short hub adapter from NRG for momo steering wheels. If you haven't seen the normal momo hub adapters, they look like a long, serrated section of alien penis. Bigger is not always better in this case. Anyway, picked up both of these from NRG (ebay / amazon):

Hopefully they will work together.

Yes, but I also used the flat rear shelf which had the speaker holes in the fabric. I was going for the stock look. So I did not use any upper grills. But at least this way it let me mount the speakers lower under the shelf panel.

Ah, I gotcha. Thanks. I think I may have to jointly space out the speakers and the speaker covers. What speakers did you use and where did you get the from? The old Polks I had lasted a good while, so I'm thinking about just going with them again.

Cool adapter for the wheel ..let me know how it works i hate the big adapter ( Alien Penis ) i have..lol..
      Darrin Stalnecker
      1969 Camaro Convert full pt pr
      2007 Corvette Supercharged
      1968 Camaro LS1 T56
      http://www.fquick.com/dropit69

Nice one on the wheel adapter!! may have to look into that, not liking the alien penial aparatus!!!
      Steve68- 1968 Camaro SS LSX T56, 12bolt 3:90's, 18" Fikse Profil 13s, Deep Fathom Green paint, Spearcos, just bunch of old junk because another member said so, LOL

70 Nova SS street/drag 454, T400, 3:55, ugly!

how did u miss this build !??? looking great, the cage came out nice .-Dom
      Dom Buffa
      69 Camaro- 2JZ /Garrett 67MM, Ls1 13" Front disc conversion, 18" ROH 3 piece Modenas

umm...yeah. The NRG slim quick release will not work with the NRG slim hub. Time to get creative!

I think I may have to cut about 3/4" off the steering wheel shaft to make it fit. Otherwise it's thick hub city.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com