Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Well, I don't really have a rear seat at all at this point. lol. The one that came with the car looks like it sat outside for about 30 years. I don't think it's folding though. I don't really see any advantage of a foldilng rear seat in these cars anyway. I still have ones from my convertible which are in decent shape though. It looks like the rear clips are the same, so I'm guessing they'll clip right on just like the convertible.

edit: it is a deluxe interior so it may in fact be a fold-down. the release handle is long gone though.

I am in need of some replacement deluxe door panels. The people on CL want an arm and a leg for these, when they're available.

I found a place on bay that sells the firebird and camaro version of the deluxe panel. The Camaro version actually looks a bit less plain since it has an extra ridge in it. I assume that the clips where the mate to the door are the same.

Can anyone verify this, as I'd like to go with the Camaro panels since they look better and they're slightly cheaper. It looks like the only difference may be how the grab bars are connected. I think the firebirds have a solid chrome trim between the mating points and the camaros have two separate trim pieces.

Camaro:
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Firebird:
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I haven't looked that close at the Camaro specific panels, but I thought the only difference was the extra curved stainless trim piece on the camaro panel, not the mold itself. You can use either style of pull handle backing plate on the Firebird door. I have the one piece style, but the two piece will work if you have that preference. They fit the same, the doors are interchangeable. I got mine from Year One, and they fit like a glove. I know some guys have horror stories about the deluxe doors, but mine are absolutely perfect and installed with no gaps, no problems. I lined up the push clips and it popped in place. I think I had to trim out some extra plastic for the clips on the backside to slide them into position better, that was it. Mine are made by Al Knoch interiors, so I would make sure that's what you're getting....they are likely the only supplier, but I've heard various reports of horribly fitting panels that were either an earlier version, or a different mfgr.

1969 Firebird, Black, Parchment Arizen interior, Poncho 383 (4" crank), Kauffman heads, TKO600, Moser 12 bolt, Wilwoods, DSE, Speed Tech, Koni, Hotchkis, GW, 18" TTI's, VA Gen IV, etc.

Dude, nice WRX. I've got a WRB 2002 WRX. Bugeyes baby! I dig the new bird you picked up. Black paint looks like a beauty!

Quote Originally Posted by ModernMuseum View Post
      Well, I don't really have a rear seat at all at this point. lol. The one that came with the car looks like it sat outside for about 30 years. I don't think it's folding though. I don't really see any advantage of a foldilng rear seat in these cars anyway. I still have ones from my convertible which are in decent shape though. It looks like the rear clips are the same, so I'm guessing they'll clip right on just like the convertible.

edit: it is a deluxe interior so it may in fact be a fold-down. the release handle is long gone though.
      The folding rear seats are quite valuable, so if you have the frames and don't want it, try selling it...it's a heavy SOB. I have one in my car. There should be a sheetmetal backing that screws/bolts onto the seat back cushion that would have carpet glued to it to serve as a shelf when the seat is lowered. It is that piece that your long trim piece would screw down onto, and it is also what the hinge on either side bolts onto through the vinyl. Yes, it's really quite pointless to have, because there is still no access to the trunk. I can take some pics of my set-up if you need it. The latch isn't hard to find, but the metal backing might be if you don't have it, I'd maybe just look for a normal seat. I honestly don't know how a 'regular' seatback hooks in to the car, so that is something to take into account. You may be missing those brackets.

1969 Firebird, Black, Parchment Arizen interior, Poncho 383 (4" crank), Kauffman heads, TKO600, Moser 12 bolt, Wilwoods, DSE, Speed Tech, Koni, Hotchkis, GW, 18" TTI's, VA Gen IV, etc.

Damn! street fighter bike, an STI and now this... man you're living my dream!

nice ride!
      waiting to see the final result as i own a 69 Fbird to!
      69 Firebird - 383 chevy
      http://www.rbtec.com

La-dee-dah....Doing some measurements for the wheel gappage..

Laying down some BXT sound deadener

Later this week I'll follow up with some BXTII over the high problem areas and ensolite over everything. The carpet arrived yesterday, so that will come shortly after.

Well gentlemen, there comes a time in every man's life when he has to buy his woman a new pair of shoes. They don't come often, but this is one of those times.

Hopefully it'll be about an inch lower when I get it loaded up.

How some of you goons stuff 335's under there, I have no idea. These are PLENTY wide for me

Tiresdirect is awesome. I ordered these two on Tuesday, selected standard shipping and they arrived yesterday. Fantastic service.

I took two of the measurements for the BS last night. I'll take the measurements for the front either tonight or over the weekend. The limiting factor on the inside is definitely the leaf springs.

what size wheel / tire pkg are you going with?

thats looking great.one of the tire mock up picts look like it has black wheels,that would be cool,that black and red combo is driving me nuts,i might have to re spray my 69 vert. my new buell xb12r is sitting in the garage waiting like that too...it looks upset.
      Last edited by chevnut55; 06-25-2010 at 05:28 AM. Reason: ?

Quote Originally Posted by blown9746 View Post
      what size wheel / tire pkg are you going with?
      Front: 245/40/18 (stock sub/2" dropped hotchkis springs)
      Rear: 315/30/18 (mini-tubbed, 2" dropped leafs-DSE)

Quote Originally Posted by chevnut55 View Post
      thats looking great.one of the tire mock up picts look like it has black wheels,that would be cool,that black and red combo is driving me nuts,i might have to re spray my 69 vert. my new buell xb12r is sitting in the garage waiting like that too...it looks upset.
      Hehe. It's so friggin' hot here in the summer that I hardly have time to ride. Yeah, the wheels will be solid black: Boze Pro-Touring. The black and red combo is awesome, but I think I'm just going to do the solid black thing for now and I can add the stripe later if necessary

This is the bit of hard fuel line from Year One that came with the car. Does anyone have any idea how this thing goes on the car? It looks like the long piece requires another bend because it's so long, but I don't know where. It looks as if it's bent down for packaging reasons.

Anyone know anything about the small piece?

The long piece was likely bent with a radius for shipping, you can straighten it back out. The little hook on one end points towards the gas tank, then it rides the inside of the rear frame rail, then crosses over to the outside for the run up the front subframe, then back over the top of that into the engine bay. To be honest, I could not figure out the exact way to mount it in the engine bay. I cut mine off about 8-10" or so behind the crossmember. I reshaped the small part to fit behind the crossmember and share mounting holes with the brake line brackets. I went through the pass side engine mount bracket. I used rubber line to connect the two hard lines on the passenger side. Then another short run of rubber line to the pump from the hardline along the crossmember.

I have the assembly manuals, but could not make sense of it. The bends in the short piece didn't correspond with anything so I just made it work. It'd be nice to tear apart an original car for once to know these things!

Front: 245/40/18 (stock sub/2" dropped hotchkis springs)
      Rear: 315/30/18 (mini-tubbed, 2" dropped leafs-DSE)

Hehe. It's so friggin' hot here in the summer that I hardly have time to ride. Yeah, the wheels will be solid black: Boze Pro-Touring. The black and red combo is awesome, but I think I'm just going to do the solid black thing for now and I can add the stripe later if necessary
      That sounds killer. Someday I'd like to run solid gloss black Forgelines on mine, but that'll be awhile. I like your painted rear bumper. I also got rid of the PONTIAC script on the tailpanel.

Sweet, thx Josh. I'm not sure I'll be able to figure it out though. I'm afraid that if I bend it where I think it should be bent that it will just kink. I may end up just trying to sell it and find some high pressure flexible stuff.

I think I'm actually going to go with Forgelines as well instead of the Boze. So many decisions....

I started installing the stock fuel line tonight. I finally got it bent into shape....just have to tack it in now.

Does anyone know if I can still use the X-brace under the transmission if I install a T56? It looks like there's about 3" from the stock tranny mount to the front of the X-brace, so if the T56 is longer, it might not work.

I think I'm actually going to go with Forgelines as well instead of the Boze. So many decisions....
      Now is the time for Forgelines, I have a couple of my batch buy left at a smokin deal.

Wheels are ordered courtesy of Frank - appreciate all the help.

It's been pretty hectic selling parts from the donor car and trying to find parts for the new one. However, I managed to do some interior work this weekend. I'm almost finished with the two-layer sound deadening and made a trunk divider as well. It's not the prettiest thing I've ever done, but it'll do I guess. I had to get the the folks at Home Depot to cut it into several pieces so I could fit it in the WRX, but I couldn't fit the last piece inside, so I left it in the parking lot

ps - If I'm behind on getting you parts, just keep hounding me.

Oh, I also learned that convertible seats and coupe seats are NOT the same.

Finished up the trunk divider tonight....1 layer of sticky stuff and 1 layer of foam stuff...

The second pic makes it look like it's wrinkled, but it's just the light hitting the flattened creases from the boxing.

Nice feet
      Ron in SoCal
      69 Camaro in progress
      http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=31246

Used to be known as flash911

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com