Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Custom Rear seat in a First Gen Camaro

First off, I am new to the site so hello to everyone!

I am planing on doing racing seats and a custom rear sear in my Camaro. The racing seats will be easy but I am trying to get ideas on the rear seat. I was thinking of just getting the stock rear seat re-uphostered, but I would like something a little more comfortable than the stock seat. I am trying to get some good ideas so any first gen owners with a custom rear seat please post some pics!!

Thanks guys!!!

Don't try and fit a rear seat out of a BMW.....ask me how I know Check out Mikes custom cars, sponsor on this site. They have a pretty nice rear seat set up if you what to spend the $
      Dave

1972 Nova
      1967 RS/SS Camaro - current project

I had mine custom made with the stock seat frame. They carved it with a meat cutter. Price wasn't bad either....
      Todd

I checked Mikes seat out last night and they are extremely nice lookin seats, unfortunately a little out of my price range though.

Vegas69 do you have any pics of the seat and any other info (how they did it, cost, ect..).

Thanks for the responses guys. I have found this site extremely helpful!

I got mine out of a mazda 929, I did have to do a lot of trimming, cutting, and some welding to get it to fit right.

chris
      Attached Images Attached Images  

car looks great chris i havnt seen in in awhile. im back thrashing on mine but may have gotten in over my head this time with everything im doing
      1969 camaro ss 372,hotchkis tvs, comp cams 268xe, world products heads, zz4 intake, 670 holley, msd setup eagle alloy 212's, autometer ultra lites......99 console with megashifter, ls1 brakes and a soon to be 700r-4
      http://http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2246580

Very nice looking seat! Looks like all the hard work paid off!

I have come to the conclusion that I will probably be doing a little cutting and welding myself if I decide go with a more modern rear seat.

Check out this other thread, late model GTO seats in a 1st gen:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...008#post638008
      HTH

Wow, awesome setup and it looks like those gto seats fit in there real nice. Sure got me thinking now

Quote Originally Posted by 427camaro View Post
      First off, I am new to the site so hello to everyone!

I am planing on doing racing seats and a custom rear sear in my Camaro. The racing seats will be easy but I am trying to get ideas on the rear seat. I was thinking of just getting the stock rear seat re-uphostered, but I would like something a little more comfortable than the stock seat. I am trying to get some good ideas so any first gen owners with a custom rear seat please post some pics!!

Thanks guys!!!
      Where's what I'm doing in my wife's 67 Camaro Convt.

Rear bucket seats. I ordered a pair of foam only bucket seats, 18" wide. Had them done to match the front seats. In the picture, only the bottoms of the seats are mounted. The back's will be mounted after the center console is built. Went in pretty easy.
      Attached Images Attached Images      

Seats from 70-81

The mini tubs for my 68 still have to be built. They have to be 17 inches from frame to fenderwell. The seat bottoms i am going to use are from my 81 z28. I took a few pre measurements and they look like they will fit. I am going to have to trim the upper seat though and recover with something nice.

[QUOTE=427camaro;672427]First off, I am new to the site so hello to everyone!

Take a look at this site

Dale
      www.lkntops.com
      IF COMMON SENSE WAS COMMON EVERYBODY WOULD HAVE IT

My custom rear seats

These seats are from an 04 GTO that I modified and to fit my 69 bird. I also made the rear console/sub enclosure that houses to 8" subs that fire against the back seat wall.

Hope this helps,

Sam
      69 Firebird convertible T/A pro-touring custom, Now LS1/T56 six speed, 3:42 Eaton posi, 18" Iforged wheels, 04 GTO interior.
      www.fquick.com/SamHatco
      Jack of all trades, master of none.

Sam, how do you roll up the rear windows? Electric? Where did you get the rear speaker enclosures?

Just my two cents, but if you're putting racing seats in the front, and using 4 point harnesses, then the back seat will become almost completely useless. If this is the route you're headed, I'd just have the original stock seat frame re-upholstered to match the fronts. Besides, unless you're planning on taking 3 friends to and from your regular yoga class, you aren't going to be be able to take anyone anywhere in relative comfort.

I had my original seat frame redone to match the fronts and I'm pretty happy with the results:

Matt

Mikes custom car back seat is pretty nice. Sorry the picture is not very good.

Mike
      69 camaro, 502 w/8-71 blower, street car
      http://s268.photobucket.com/home/pro...69camaro/index

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
      Sam, how do you roll up the rear windows? Electric? Where did you get the rear speaker enclosures?
      Rommel, the rear windows are power. I made these from the original quarter panels here the write up https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...&postcount=334

Sam
      69 Firebird convertible T/A pro-touring custom, Now LS1/T56 six speed, 3:42 Eaton posi, 18" Iforged wheels, 04 GTO interior.
      www.fquick.com/SamHatco
      Jack of all trades, master of none.

Quote Originally Posted by showtime View Post
      Where's what I'm doing in my wife's 67 Camaro Convt.

Rear bucket seats. I ordered a pair of foam only bucket seats, 18" wide. Had them done to match the front seats. In the picture, only the bottoms of the seats are mounted. The back's will be mounted after the center console is built. Went in pretty easy.
      Those look great! Where did you order the foam only buckets? I looked online and can't find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by 427camaro View Post
      Those look great! Where did you order the foam only buckets? I looked online and can't find anything.
      Got the foam buckets from Bowen foam and fabrics, www.streatrodseat.com. They are out of Houston, TX.

I ordered a pair of 18" wide. $149.00 each. Did a little trimming on the bottom cushion and they went in great.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by 69MSA View Post
      Just my two cents, but if you're putting racing seats in the front, and using 4 point harnesses, then the back seat will become almost completely useless. If this is the route you're headed, I'd just have the original stock seat frame re-upholstered to match the fronts. Besides, unless you're planning on taking 3 friends to and from your regular yoga class, you aren't going to be be able to take anyone anywhere in relative comfort.

I had my original seat frame redone to match the fronts and I'm pretty happy with the results:

Matt
      I'm thinking of the same thing. I like the idea of using the stock seat frame and making some "buckets". Where do you get the foam? I tried the link above but of no use. I make the buckets and then have it covered, correct?
      Robert
      My sloooow build thread...https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...hlight=Orngasm

"If happiness is in your destiny, you need not be in a hurry."

If I can only convince myself of this!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com