Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Chile

lateral dynamics

HI ,i want to know what its the term you guys use lateral dynamics,can somebody explain me very clear,and if its aply to my road course malibu,sorry for my english.
      thanks

Country Flag: United States
      Lateral Dynamics was a company that made a 3 link with a watts bar that apparently works really well in a first gen Camaro. Somewhat of an urban myth these days since they are out of biz and info can no longer be found out side of word of mouth.

69 Camaro
      Art Morrison C6 Subframe
      Art Morrison Tri-4 link

Also a scientific term relating the full dynamics that are described by reference firstly to the well-known yaw-sideslip linear model and then further by generalization of the results to include nonlinear behavior of the simple car and of more complex, higher-order systems representing vehicles with much design detail. Linearization about a trim equilibrium cornering condition, and the intimate relationship between steady turning behavior and static stability properties, or something like that....thats what the voices in my head keep yelling.

vince
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Quote Originally Posted by MrQuick View Post
      Also a scientific term relating the full dynamics that are described by reference firstly to the well-known yaw-sideslip linear model and then further by generalization of the results to include nonlinear behavior of the simple car and of more complex, higher-order systems representing vehicles with much design detail. Linearization about a trim equilibrium cornering condition, and the intimate relationship between steady turning behavior and static stability properties, or something like that.

vince

WOW! That's a mouth full.
      69 Camaro
      Art Morrison C6 Subframe
      Art Morrison Tri-4 link

Also a scientific term relating the full dynamics that are described by reference firstly to the well-known yaw-sideslip linear model and then further by generalization of the results to include nonlinear behavior of the simple car and of more complex, higher-order systems representing vehicles with much design detail. Linearization about a trim equilibrium cornering condition, and the intimate relationship between steady turning behavior and static stability properties, or something like that.

vince

Teach me the ways master.......
      Douglas Lutes
      1988 Monte Carlo SS

"Never race anything you can't afford to set on fire and push off a cliff."

vince
      Where on earth did you cut and paste that from?
      Allen Ortega
      Meanstreets Performance Fabrication

---------------------------------------

Vegetarians are the reason for global warming

Quote Originally Posted by Cdog View Post
      Lateral Dynamics was a company that made a 3 link with a watts bar that apparently works really well in a first gen Camaro. Somewhat of an urban myth these days since they are out of biz and info can no longer be found out side of word of mouth.
      True story.. one of (If not the best) rear systems out there.. a bit more complicated to install.

A few of us belong to a very small club of people lucky enough to have one these..

Hey, they are even rarer than a big foot sighting!

"A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."

1968 Track Rat Camaro:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGHJ5c1yLIo&t=2s

1971 Chevelle Wagon with a few mods:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBVPR3sRgyU

what ever happen to them?
      1972 Camaro ( my retirement money hole )
      1985 GMC ( future plan pro tour build for the wife )
      1992 Isuzu pup bagged, bodydrop, shaved everything
      2013 GMC Single cab 4/7 drop

too much over head
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

The owner closed up shop to explore other intrests. Last I heard he was soliciting investors to put on a Broadway musical. Different strokes..
      1967 #s RS

ROFL
      I'd watch that.

maybe we'll see a comeback.
      Vince
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Dam that sux I been gone to long. They were really really cool guys and very helpfull. I have an even rarer Lateral Dynamics setup =) I have a dana 60 setup. Rupp knows where the housing came from =)
      69 Camaro
      W/D sub, Wilwood 13" brakes Bozeforged wheels 18X10 & 18X12,
      Lateral dynamics 3 link ( custom setup ) Dana 60
      lsX Twin Turbo, soon to come
      Viper T56 in place (Yay)
      Bought a running driving car so I can enjoy it before Im dead
      LD 3 Link Installed into ^^^^^ (Yay)

"maybe we'll see a comeback.
      Vince"

Indeed, maybe we will see a comeback. And soon. And different.
      Mark

That’s one nice looking set up, too bad they didn’t survive

Keep asking. Maybe. It is a really well designed system. Too many systems are designed to bolt on with no difficulty, and as such, have a lot of compromises.

Hi guys, thanks for the cool interest and such. LD will be back in very short order, I know this because I "am" LD. It is possible, but unlikely that we will re-introduce the legacy 3-Link setup as it was/is a difficult product to build an entire sustainable small business from - difficult to construct, ship and install. Besides, we already have ideas that will obsolete it in terms of overall performance potential. In the spirit of putting performance potential at the top of everything - as we did for the previous system - we have some cool solutions that will help folks that have already built their cars, as well as systems to obsolete everything else. I am extremely proud and humble at the same time, that after ALL of these years, no one has put together a system that equals the original setup we introduced so long ago. But just as before, we will not produce stuff like all of the others - everything must have a true functional solution/advantage. I am hopeful that you will like what you see from us, and confident that it's better than the rest.

Cheers,
      Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mean 69 View Post
      Hi guys, thanks for the cool interest and such. LD will be back in very short order, I know this because I "am" LD. It is possible, but unlikely that we will re-introduce the legacy 3-Link setup as it was/is a difficult product to build an entire sustainable small business from - difficult to construct, ship and install. Besides, we already have ideas that will obsolete it in terms of overall performance potential. In the spirit of putting performance potential at the top of everything - as we did for the previous system - we have some cool solutions that will help folks that have already built their cars, as well as systems to obsolete everything else. I am extremely proud and humble at the same time, that after ALL of these years, no one has put together a system that equals the original setup we introduced so long ago. But just as before, we will not produce stuff like all of the others - everything must have a true functional solution/advantage. I am hopeful that you will like what you see from us, and confident that it's better than the rest.

Cheers,
      Mark
      get on it!! I need a 3 link.... Dang man we talked months ago, I was hoping you were sending it already! LOL

You owe me a phone call.

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers,
      Mark
      you owe me a phone call.
      1967 #s RS

Cheers,
      Mark
      ��hope you make stuff for us Chevy a body guys!
      72 chevelle.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com