Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast
      Those Supras are amazing. Stock transmissions and rears and go 8s!

We won't need her to drive it, just thought I would show a little Playboy Bunny can do it, so the pressure is on me now, LOL!

This is going to be awesome. I've been surprised noone has done an ABS retrofit yet and made it easy. Don't see how it's that hard.

But this thread is a mojor tease. WE NEED PICS! Our ADD is on overdrive!

Why the heck would anyone want ABS? Traction control I can see but just ABS sounds silly
      Traven

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by T_Raven View Post
      Why the heck would anyone want ABS? Traction control I can see but just ABS sounds silly
      Easy, to get max braking out of every wheel at the same time.
      Todd

ABS allows you to turn with max effort braking. It's a safer braking system even if it only engages in panic situations.

jp
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by T_Raven View Post
      Ever flat-spotted a tire?
      Matt Jones
      Mechanical Engineer
      Art Morrison Enterprises

Having to wait for the next details...UNFAIR

Checking this thread every couple of hours when I should be sending out resumes...UNFAIR

Frank and John sharing their project with us...COMPLETELY AWESOME

Thank you so much for taking time to roll out this product line in such a fun way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
      Easy, to get max braking out of every wheel at the same time.
      .....and that happens even when all four tires are loaded unevenly.

I guess that I need to get use to the ABS doing it's job...but it sure is unnerving and makes me let pressure off the pedal when it feels like I have locked up a wheel (ice mode, is what I've heard it called).

Old habits die hard, so I have to relearn how to threshold brake using the ABS.

It just feels all wrong when it's doing it's job...LOL
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454

I would like to see a triangulated 4-link with a lot of adjustment like a drag racing 4-link.

Quote Originally Posted by brrymnvette View Post
      This is going to be awesome. I've been surprised noone has done an ABS retrofit yet and made it easy. Don't see how it's that hard.
      engineering alone to make a universal kit is a huge hurdle plus I'd hate to see that product liability insurance quagmire one would face.

vince
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Quote Originally Posted by falcon65 View Post
      dedion tube?
      In a really high HP application?
      Benjamin

Twin Dusters
      '72 Plymouth Duster "Aero Duster" project
      '72 Plymouth Duster "Daily Duster" project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...RO-DUSTER-quot

Quote Originally Posted by Bjkadron View Post
      In a really high HP application?
      Im not saying its practical. But it does provide the benefits of IRS with solid axle. Not very elegant, its heavy and complicated.

I would still vote 3-link. Take a look at what new mustangs can do and that suspension is full of compromises. The cobra jet mustangs with 700hp are running in the 9s. And I think there is enough proof that they handle ok on road courses. Not sure about autocross.

So a 3 link with ultimate adjustablity. At least this is what I am doing to obtain similar goals with my car.

But drag racing will have different requirements from the front suspension. Softer springs. Different shock settings. More travel. no sway bar. Rear suspension should be able to handle at least a 30" tall drag slick if not taller.

What kind of 60 foot times do you need to run to get the car into the 8s?

not sure but many of the turbo cars are fairly easy on parts during the launch, so I don't know what their numbers look like in the first 60 feet....they leave kinda lazy and then really pour it on as the boost builds towards the big end of the track.
      1970 RS/SS350 139K on the clock:
      89 TPI motor w/ 1pc rear seal coupled to a Viper T56 via Mcleod's modular bellhousing w/ hydraulic T/O bearing from the Viper, 12 bolt rear w/ 3.73 gearing, SC&C upper control arms, factory lowers with Delalums, C5 brakes at all four corners, Front Wheels 17x8's with Sumi 255/40/17 and Rear Wheels 17x9's with Sumi 275/40/17.
      Brief description of the work done so far can be found here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112454

Quote Originally Posted by silver69camaro View Post
      Ever flat-spotted a tire?
      Hollywood has!

That needs to become a catch phrase!
      Nick R.
      69 Camaro - 383, 700R4, 12 bolt 3.55, Hotchkis, Bilstein, Global West, Morris Classic
      08 HHR SS - Still Stock for now
      Do you still believe in all the things that you stood by before? Are you out there on the front lines, or at home keeping score?
      Do you care to be the layer of the bricks that seal your fate? Would you rather be the architect of what we might create?

thats how you explain that this is the place to be. The Hollywood flat spot! LOL

A 1.7 60 foot would be easy on parts right?

Vince
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Quote Originally Posted by John Wright View Post
      not sure but many of the turbo cars are fairly easy on parts during the launch, so I don't know what their numbers look like in the first 60 feet....they leave kinda lazy and then really pour it on as the boost builds towards the big end of the track.
      Turbo cars definitely do it all on the big end.

Country Flag: Sweden
      How are you going to compensate for different tires, CGH etc when selling a "ABS-kits"? Seems like most of the manufactors ABS-algorithm is quite complex and not very easy to customize...

Bosch currently have an aftermarket system for appr. 6000 EUR or so.

Quote Originally Posted by 1968 View Post
      I would like to see a triangulated 4-link with a lot of adjustment like a drag racing 4-link.
      Check out the Alston Chassisworks G-link (not the G-bar). It has a ton of adjustability. Call Frank, he knows all about 'em.
      Jeff K.
      69 Camaro SS, 406 SBC, TKO600, 9" w/3.73 tru-trac, Speedtech Arms, AFX Spindles, Lee 670 Box, Baer GT front, C5Z rear. Hyperco Leafs w/ Fays2 Watts Link + Varishocks.

I know about the G-link but can it handle the kind of horsepower that is being discussed in this thread. Im not sure it can. I think something like Morrison's tri 4-link with good solid frame rails with adjustability would be better.

Im not saying its practical. But it does provide the benefits of IRS with solid axle. Not very elegant, its heavy and complicated.

I would still vote 3-link. Take a look at what new mustangs can do and that suspension is full of compromises. The cobra jet mustangs with 700hp are running in the 9s. And I think there is enough proof that they handle ok on road courses. Not sure about autocross.
      I would vote the same.. And even the magazines that are usually trashing the solid axle cars were praising the mustang with the FRPP handling pack. I can't see any downsides for the auto-x.

So a 3 link with ultimate adjustablity. At least this is what I am doing to obtain similar goals with my car.
      Hey! Me to! and you should see what me and this other guy are cooking up for the front!

But drag racing will have different requirements from the front suspension. Softer springs. Different shock settings. More travel. no sway bar. Rear suspension should be able to handle at least a 30" tall drag slick if not taller.

That is what I was thinking.. they will almost have to change/ disconnect parts to get it right. But I don't have any qualms with that. I just wouldn't call it "the same set-up".

But it doesn't look they are going to tell us any time soon!
      Benjamin

Twin Dusters
      '72 Plymouth Duster "Aero Duster" project
      '72 Plymouth Duster "Daily Duster" project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...RO-DUSTER-quot

Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com