Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 32 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice fuel set-up.

I'm using the CTS-V pump with the vaporworx set-up and it's working awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty
      ps - so how are you like-n the vette?
      This much! (from Sebring in early October)

Name:  _MG_8180.jpg
Views: 2561
Size:  1.25 MB
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

I am guessing that is turn 14 and the cars attitude at that speed looks great. Just stop breaking the column :-) Send me that pic when you get a chance.

Mike
      Mike Norris

X2 Please

Quote Originally Posted by bishir View Post
      Nice shop! What can you tell us about that floor coating? I have a 40x40 shop I'd like to coat.

I know guys are working hard and getting ready building probably the 2013 SEMA RIDLER but in your spare time dont let this one leave us hanging. Just make it this one and go for 5.68 1/4 and all the fun stuff you know coffee runs for the average guys.

hahahahhaha
      Why did you start with such a rats nest?

in the words of my uncle
      "Ive junked better cars than that"

good luck!

For the money, time, and resources spent on this car, you could have something 3 times as better, or you could probably give $1000 to everybody on this forum. Seems like unlimited resources and just being silly.

My 71 gtx 440 fuel injected 5 speed with dana rear, coil overs, and willwood brakes will be comming for ya!

I'm sooo tempted to go dig up my S197Forums Chit Chat hat . . . . ↑↑↑

[/tech-less post]

Norm
      '08 GT coupe, 5M, suspension unstockish (the occasional track toy)
      '19 WRX, Turbo-H4/6M (the family sedan . . . seriously)
      Gone but not forgotten dep't:
      '01 Maxima 20AE 5M, '10 LGT 6M, '95 626, V6/5M; '79 Malibu, V8/4M-5M; '87 Maxima, V6/5M; '72 Pinto, I4/4M; '64 Dodge V8/3A

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
      Seems like unlimited resources and just being silly.
      Maybe I'm misunderstanding your comment, but this project is hardly one of unlimited resources. There's no deep-pocketed customer involved... just Frank and me, working on it in our spare time.
      John Parsons

I smell a troll....

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley J View Post
      I smell a troll....

werd

I'm going to stretch a little and give kuke the benefit of newbieness doubt - it's easy enough to find the trail that brought him into this thread, that he's 26, and though he's listed several projects on his plate it does not appear that he's done much work that wasn't bolt-on or standard-assembly in nature.

But that doesn't excuse the tactic of shooting from the hip to establish a personna here, and I dare say he didn't bother finding out just whose build Project Unfair happens to belong to. I kind of hope he reads this and finds a useful hint or two.

A little closer to topic - is the engine in yet?

Norm
      '01 Maxima 20AE 5M, '10 LGT 6M, '95 626, V6/5M; '79 Malibu, V8/4M-5M; '87 Maxima, V6/5M; '72 Pinto, I4/4M; '64 Dodge V8/3A

Quote Originally Posted by Norm
      A little closer to topic - is the engine in yet?
      Sigh. No. Not yet. The engine is simultaneously providing persona and frustration to this project, lol. Piston squirters recently arrived, block machining was re-completed (new builder was unhappy with old builder's machine work), and we've resolved the dry sump issues. Once the engine gets rolling, it will happen fast. But not quite yet.
      John Parsons

Quote Originally Posted by kukerdan View Post
      My 71 gtx 440 fuel injected 5 speed with dana rear, coil overs, and willwood brakes will be comming for ya!
      Geez, it would have to be a Mopar guy wouldn't it. His 5 speed is fuel injected too.

My only complaint is not enough pictures!
      Johnny C.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      70 'cuda, Pro-Charged 408 stroker, Tremec 5 speed, Strange S-60, Alter-k-tion, Tri 4, Hydroboost and Wilwoods

Always somebody gotta down something that is out of the ORDINARY.I love the fact that you're using new technology and stretching the envelope for our chosen discipline.I only have one complaint that I believe Norm also voiced.We NEED more pictures!I don't have you're resources ,but I believe I can modernize my '71 RS and you have inspired me as well as others to push ourselves to be more innovative and resourceful.My best to you.

If you haven't done so, you can see some good pictures at SuperChevy.com. Search on "Project Unfair". There's about 300 or so, spread out over the 11 articles already published.

Here's the latest article:

http://www.superchevy.com/technical/...ank/index.html
      John Parsons

Quote Originally Posted by go-fish View Post
      Geez, it would have to be a Mopar guy wouldn't it. His 5 speed is fuel injected too.

My only complaint is not enough pictures!
      Don't be lumping all the Mopar guys together... After all, my 6 speed has a carb.
      Will Ellis
      1969 Dodge Dart Swinger, 1/2 Dart / 1/2 Viper...
      Build Thread

I don't think he or anyone else intended to put down Mopars in general, but I my self as a rule have found a lot of die hard mopar guys to be somewhat narrow minded.That doesn't mean I'm lumping you all together,but it seems to correlate to the age as well the overall with other makes of cars in general.For example my brother in law and some of his closest mopar franatics(friends who are also mopar fanatics),whom are all younger than I by ten years or more really get riled when i used to take my '71 camaro RS with a small block and eat their big block mopars for lunch.Not so much a superior brand of vehicle ,just a lot more available aftermarket parts at the time and 10 to twenty years experience.I personally would love to have my brother in laws numbers matching '70 AAR 'cuda six pack and four speed that he has been working on for the last 7 or 8 years restoring.There is good and bad in everything and everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by parsonsj View Post
      If you haven't done so, you can see some good pictures at SuperChevy.com. Search on "Project Unfair". There's about 300 or so, spread out over the 11 articles already published.
      With 11 issues so far and still a few to go, is there any chance that SC would wrap all of the Unfair articles into a special publication? Seems like it'd be almost the same size as a regular monthly issue, they'd have nearly everything they'd need (I'd include a separate article dealing with the driving impressions and "competition performance") . . . and the bulk of that would be already set up to go. Be great to have it all collected in one place.

James - I don't think the pictures comment was mine. Anyway, it's odd that you mentioned an AAR 'Cuda, as I came pretty close to buying one of them new. Probably would have if the one available had been a 4-speed car, and the Mopar purists would have hated me worse for modifying it than for having been brought up in a "Dodge house" and defecting to Fords, Chevvies, and imports since.

Norm

Quote Originally Posted by Norm
      With 11 issues so far and still a few to go, is there any chance that SC would wrap all of the Unfair articles into a special publication? Seems like it'd be almost the same size as a regular monthly issue, they'd have nearly everything they'd need (I'd include a separate article dealing with the driving impressions and "competition performance") . . . and the bulk of that would be already set up to go. Be great to have it all collected in one place.
      I love the idea! Though my opinion doesn't matter much, I'll mention it to Jim Campisano (the editor) next time I submit an article. Future articles include one or two on the engine, one for paint and body, a feature article, plus at least one on "test and tune" when the car finally hits the street and track.
      Last edited by parsonsj; 12-01-2011 at 07:30 AM.
      John Parsons

Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 32 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com