Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
      Country Flag: United States
      Man that would be a killer series out here on the left coast. Any chance?

What kinda cars are you looking at for V1 up to V4 as far as more examples?
      1968 Camaro widebody project
      2004 Mustang LS2
      1964 Continental
      2014 Keezer

...and just think, all of those tracks are in my backyard.

Flash:
      In V1 we've had the LS Datsun as well as an ex SCCA 65 Mustang that was basically a tube frame flared out fiberglassed monster, also an ex SCCA 914 that is wicked fast, a V8 tube frame Corvair is coming in 2013. V1 is unlimited, anything goes. Build accordingly, but you'll need the Kahuna's to back it up.

V2 is probably the most popular, 60's Mustangs, 60-70's F bodies, 70's-80's Vettes and F's, Fox bodies, 911's, FFR Cobras. Little bit of everything has run in it. Easiest class to build for if you want a modified car with power. All the PT suspension and brake upgrades apply, and any engine and trans combo is allowed.

V3 would be a more entry level with lower HP, about any modification is allowed but lighter on the HP, I started out in V3, upgrading the suspension as well as improving my driving until I installed a 500 hp engine and moved to V2.
      V2 and V3 also works well with the older CMC and AI cars that have been pushed out by the more modern cars. And our Homologating rules allow, for example, a 1992 Camaro to be run since it's basically the same as a 1982. But any 30 year old car, foreign or domestic can run. Stuff like LS powered 944's are legal as well.

V4 is meant for smaller cars. MG's, Datsuns, but any car with low hp and a high HP to Wt ratio can run in it.

Contact your regional director and inquire, we'd like to build up the series enough to go national.

-------------------
      PK,
      Come check us out in 2013, we'll run from VIR to CMP to Road Atlanta and possibly get down to Barber next season.
      We had several guys bring their PT street cars and run them in HPDE or Hyperdrive, the Hyperdrive program is a great way to get on track once or twice.

But, we'd really like to build up the race classes. A race series of Vintage cars with modern upgrades is something new and unique. No having to compete against 2012 cars with it's modern technology that runs in other classes; and no period correctness to build for, thus the race series name: "Outlaw-Vintage-Racing"

Thanks Gordon for the info. Sounds like it'd be V2 for me if it was available out here. I do need to get my comp license though... it is on my list in the coming year or two.

I check out NasaForums once in awhile so I will contact the Reg Dir there.

Thanks again
      2004 Mustang LS2
      1964 Continental
      2014 Keezer

Here is our Outlaw Vintage Race schedule for 2013.

Feb 9-10, Carolina (CMP)
      Mar 8-9-10, Road Atlanta
      Apr 13-14, Roebling
      May 18-19, Carolina(CMP)
      Jun 14-15-16, Road Atlanta
      Aug 3-4, Road Atlanta
      Sep 13-14-15, Road Atlanta
      Oct 11-13, VIR
      Nov 2-3, Carolina (CMP)
      Dec 6-7-8, Road Atlanta

Even if you're not ready for racing you can bring your cars out for NASA-SE Hyperdrive or HPDE.

Hey I can't wait. I live 5 minutes from Road Atl.

Doubt I'll have my comp license by Oct VIR event, but the car will be ready and I'll be either in Comp school or DE3 still! Going to VIR in July to shakedown the car there. She's ready, and looks like it will be in V-2!
      Mills
      No Shop, No time, No Money, but somehow still making progress!
      -67 RS Camaro -99 Supra ski boat
      -00 Trans AM WS6 -99 Toyota 4Runner workhorse
      -05 Z51 Vette Convertable

We had some neat cars at RA this past weekend, two 65 Mustangs that ran in DE, and an unreal 71 Camaro that ran in TT, the engineering in that Camaro is way over the top, all are working there way into comp school to run in Outlaw Vintage later this year. Like to see more of you guys make it out.

The Firebird ran both races without issue, just couldn't get the power down off the corners without it darting left, finally summized the posi unit is just worn out.

Teaser pic from last weekends race at Road Atlanta. Just another average Camaro with a 434 LS2 that set an Outlaw Vintage V1 race lap record of 1:29
      Watch near the end of my battle with the Mustang, you'll see just how much faster this car is.
      Glad I'm in V2 and not V1.

Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm surprised I missed this one. This is great news! Unfortuantly for some of us, it appears to be centered east of the Mississippi.
      TonyC@HP2

Beastly. Nice video. Looks like a ton of fun.
      2004 Mustang LS2
      1964 Continental
      2014 Keezer

Most of the suspension on the Maro is Detroit Speed and Wilwood brakes. The 18 x 12 and 18 x 14's on slicks are what make it really stick.
      Lot of glass and carbon to lighten it up too.

There is a downside to the Hyperdrive though. I went to one of the first events this year just to check it out and there were only two cars signed up. I thought great. Cheap, get on the track practically by yourself. Awesome. So the next event I took the car up and signed up(I couldn't stay all day anyways). Wait for my turn and get ready to go. 20 cars show up! Ugh. And you figure some of them have never been before. I was a little nervous. Rolled out, followed the pace car for a lap and it was go time. Third lap I left off the gas for turn 11 and something is wrong. Gas pedal hits the floor. Dam, the throttle cable keeper fell out. Easy fix. We're off track in the infield. The instructor says you can't get out. I say, but all I have to do it slip it back on, two seconds. Nope gotta wait for the safety crew. I tell the guy what to do from the drivers seat(imagine trying to explain how to open the hood to somebody). Fire it up and we roll back into the paddock. Too late to go back out. That's all she wrote.

Changing a full set of tires(twice), gas, the time, the fee, all for 3 laps. Not quite worth it on that day. At least with a full day and something goes amiss you still have a couple more sessions to enjoy yourself.

We have a nice article in the current NASA Speednews, though some might like to check it out. Starts at page 40
      http://www.speednewsmag.com/Sept2013.html

We'll also have 6-7 of our cars on display at the Chip Foose car show at Year One September 21st.

A short clip of our cars at the June race at RA as well.

Enjoy.

Video of this past weekends races at VIR.
      Dan (66 Mustang) and I gridded in the back to duke it out between us, since we were running out of region this race was for bragging rights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMac5...ature=youtu.be

Hey Gordon, I've seen you on Performance Years. Awesome to your Firebird go w2w. I've just recently gotten my car back together and prepared for road courses. Just did NASA SE at Roebling Road this past weekend. Was a great time. First event with NASA so i was DE1, but I'm now cleared to do DE2 next event. I see time trials in my future once get a cage (as well as other bigger tracks like Rd Atl, Sebring, Daytona etc.). I'm in north FL. Next step too will be stiffer springs and front sway, along with 5 point harness, etc.

The vintage class sounds awesome, but not sure if I want my base coat/clear coat out there with all those race cars... Plan to keep fully streetable P/T theme for a while...

Here are some pics and vid from this past weekend. My best time was 1:24.3. What times are you putting down at RRR?
      https://youtu.be/DPp1l9-FuNE

just posted here:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-time-at-track
      -Mitch
      G8 GXP, White Hot, Auto, bone stock
      68 Firebird, 428 Pontiac, CNC'd KRE Al d-ports, hyd roller, EFI, TKO600, TCI Eng complete chassis, Ridetech, Kore3 C6Z brakes, C5Z 18" with 315 rivals x4, C6zr1 mufflers
      RRR, NASA HPDE https://youtu.be/DPp1l9-FuNE

With that said, it would be tempting to run with OVR and VDCA instead of the Thunder race with NASA due to less cars on the track during a race? (If i ever get that far). And all of vintage so less rubbins perhaps?

I just noticed the 2016 rules on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/notes/outla...42344372614695
      and only saw pwr to weight of 6.25 and 6.5 depending on tire size... Are there more subclasses than that?
      -Mitch
      68 Firebird, 428 Pontiac, CNC'd KRE Al d-ports, hyd roller, EFI, TKO600, TCI Eng complete chassis, Ridetech, Kore3 C6Z brakes, C5Z 18" with 315 rivals x4, C6zr1 mufflers

Anyone planning any DE or TT events with NASA SE this year?? Many posts in this thread from 2010-2013.... Where have all the cowboys gone?? haha, Buck up and lets get out on the track!!

Thinking about making the drive to CMP from north FL... Until i get a cage I like the looks of RRR and CMP more than Sebring, Daytona or RA.
      -Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by gator68428 View Post
      Anyone planning any DE or TT events with NASA SE this year?? Many posts in this thread from 2010-2013.... Where have all the cowboys gone?? haha, Buck up and lets get out on the track!!

Thinking about making the drive to CMP from north FL... Until i get a cage I like the looks of RRR and CMP more than Sebring, Daytona or RA.
      I know this is an old thread but my car is almost finished and I'll be running in NASA and VDCA

Here is a video from a few months back the car is almost done at this point and has all the sheet metal installed.

https://youtu.be/DlWwxCeMwu8

Quote Originally Posted by jtwoods4 View Post
      I know this is an old thread but my car is almost finished and I'll be running in NASA and VDCA

Here is a video from a few months back the car is almost done at this point and has all the sheet metal installed.

https://youtu.be/DlWwxCeMwu8
      Very nice! Looks like it's coming along. Thanks for posting. Looks like the car is getting pretty decked out for the track, wow. But also keeping some creature comforts. Are you planning to keep it streetable too?

I'm registered for optima USCA NOLA event coming up in April! Will be my first one.

Then doing Cars and Cones the week after! http://www.fm3roadtrip.com/

My car is half apart right now reworking my exhaust (for ground clearance and fuel tank compatibility). And adding a roll cage soon as that gets done. I have another 2.5 months roughly. But want to get it done in 1-1.5 so i have time to test. Weekends and evenings are busy for me right now.
      -Mitch

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com