Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by ho428 View Post
      Cool.
      We'll see you there.

Was up there and ran in HPDE1 today. Great day - extremely well organized and a lot of great people.

I must say that even though I could not take the mustang since the input shaft we were sent was too long - I did take my dads Z06 and was the fastest in my class so they promoted me to 2.

I lapped almost every car at least once and some twice in the 20 minute sessions. There were 2 guys I did not lap but I did pass everyone.

There was a souped up RX8 there that was good in the corners with me but the HAMMER crushed him on the straights - the Z06 was just too much power for the mazda to keep up.

I am very impressed with that car the more I drive it - its quite a machine.

Now tomorrow may be a different story with some better drivers and faster cars.
      HPDE is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
      So much to learn......so much $$ to do so lol

Guys, if you want the most track time of any NASA HPDE event in the Southeast this is the one you should go to.
      It is an HPDE event only, so tons of track time.

http://nasa-se.com/2010Sep25.php

Guys, if you want the most track time of any NASA HPDE event in the Southeast this is the one you should go to.
      It is an HPDE event only, so tons of track time.

http://nasa-se.com/2010Sep25.php

Gordon - I asked around for you at RA this weekend but no one on the nasa staff had seen you. did you make it out?

Quote Originally Posted by wicked68 View Post
      Gordon - I asked around for you at RA this weekend but no one on the nasa staff had seen you. did you make it out?
      I had to cancel at the last minute due to a death in the family.

I'll probably go run VIR, Roebling or CMP soon to get my fix since the next SE Race isn't until November.

I had to cancel at the last minute due to a death in the family.

I'll probably go run VIR, Roebling or CMP soon to get my fix since the next SE Race isn't until November.
      sorry to hear that.

Country Flag: United States

HPDE with NASA

Guys, I just got home from my second Nasa weekend. I did VIR in July and the new NC CAR this weekend. I highly recommend this experience to anybody that likes to drive fast. This weekend I was in DE2. Solo. What a kick in the pants. My next event I will be in DE3. That's where it starts to get interesting as in DE3 it is pass anywhere. Now your sharing lines with the other drivers. The head instructor asked me did I not have a car that is not so nice for DE3?
      He is worried about my wadding the Elky up. By all means, get out to a NASA event soon and have the most fun you can have in a car with your clothes on.
      Mike Holleman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Holleman View Post
      Guys, I just got home from my second Nasa weekend. I did VIR in July and the new NC CAR this weekend. I highly recommend this experience to anybody that likes to drive fast. This weekend I was in DE2. Solo. What a kick in the pants. My next event I will be in DE3. That's where it starts to get interesting as in DE3 it is pass anywhere. Now your sharing lines with the other drivers. The head instructor asked me did I not have a car that is not so nice for DE3?
      He is worried about my wadding the Elky up. By all means, get out to a NASA event soon and have the most fun you can have in a car with your clothes on.
      Mike Holleman
      I am coming back up to nc in november - are you coming to atl in december? I will be there.

I am coming back up to nc in november - are you coming to atl in december? I will be there.
      Seriously considering it. I have a HPDE at VIR the weekend before.(asphault ventures) What is the event in NC in Nov?
      Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Holleman View Post
      Seriously considering it. I have a HPDE at VIR the weekend before.(asphault ventures) What is the event in NC in Nov?
      Mike

sorry - its in camden sc at cmp

sorry - its in camden sc at cmp
      Yeah, CMP is in that other Carolina.lol
      I may make that event. It was suggested as a good track for my first run in DE 3.

I was reading my latest Grassroots Motorsports Magazine last night, on the last page it had a promo for the upcoming issue, an article about Pro-touring. Looks like a few of you guys cars that hang around here.
      Looking forward to reading it when it comes out.

But... some of you PT guys really need to build a full on race car and run with us in NASA-SE Vintage. You can use all your PT parts and tricks, no period correct rules, only needs to be an older car and race legal.

You can run your street cars in HPDE and TT but full on wheel to wheel competition against other cars is something to consider as well.

I was reading my latest Grassroots Motorsports Magazine last night, on the last page it had a promo for the upcoming issue, an article about Pro-touring. Looks like a few of you guys cars that hang around here.
      Looking forward to reading it when it comes out.

But... some of you PT guys really need to build a full on race car and run with us in NASA-SE Vintage. You can use all your PT parts and tricks, no period correct rules, only needs to be an older car and race legal.

You can run your street cars in HPDE and TT but full on wheel to wheel competition against other cars is something to consider as well.
      Gordon, I am building a car for NASA racing. AIX and interested in the Vintage class also. You know my buddy Darrell George? He is running a GT350 in vintage. It is real fast but needs some better brakes. He got his comp. license at the NC CAR event. Nice guy and a real nice car.
      My Elky will see TT and HPDE but not door to door. My AIX car is a 4th gen Fbody. Something I can beat on.
      Mike

Darrell told me he saw you at NCCAR. Yup, he's upgrading his brakes already.
      Hope to see you at an NASA event soon.

Darrell told me he saw you at NCCAR. Yup, he's upgrading his brakes already.
      Hope to see you at an NASA event soon.
      He'll be hard to guard with good brakes. Has he had any luck finding the fuel issue? I will try to make CMP. It is less than a week after Maxton and it takes a couple of days to get the Elky from measured mile to a road course setup. Look forward to meeting you Gordon.
      Mike

Darrell actually built a little to much engine, he'll be classed up one from me. Still going to race him hard though.

CMP is going to be iffy, I was there testing a couple of weekends ago and found sparklie's in the oil. Tore the engine down Saturday, found the inner valve springs are dancing around and rubbed the seals almost all the way through. Filings scored the crank.
      Crank won't be back until sometime next week, heads will go back togther this weekend, then it'll be a mad thrash to make CMP.

Should make it but...
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Darrell actually built a little to much engine, he'll be classed up one from me. Still going to race him hard though.

CMP is going to be iffy, I was there testing a couple of weekends ago and found sparklie's in the oil. Tore the engine down Saturday, found the inner valve springs are dancing around and rubbed the seals almost all the way through. Filings scored the crank.
      Crank won't be back until sometime next week, heads will go back togther this weekend, then it'll be a mad thrash to make CMP.

Should make it but...
      Good luck with the engine. I'm adding an Accusump before then. Posters on here are scaring me to death about LS motors losing oil press. under hard lateral G's. I have not seen it yet and I'm pulling serious G's with the NT01s. Better safe than sorry.

Next season should be a good one for Vintage racing in the Southeast. Hope to see some of you there.

Season ender was at Road Atlanta last weekend.

congrats!

Great job Gordon..... Do you have a 2011 schedule somewhere yet ??? I might be back in that part of the country sometime this year. Would like to take in a race...
      Kurt G
      Las Vegas

Guys,

I haven't posted in here for quite awhile but lately I've been getting a lot of inquiries from guys with PT cars so I thought I should reply.
      NASA Outlaw Vintage Racing is real racing, 40 minutes of all out wheel to wheel races with 40 other race cars if various classes, this is not "point by" track time. What it is though, is the most fun you'll ever have in a car, but it is not a place for street cars. NASA has other classifications for that.

A lot of the PT build aspects do cross over well to race cars, especially in the suspension and brake areas, and the OVR class rules allows for about any modification to be done to about any car, so some outragous builds can be done and run within our race series rules. An example is the 600+ hp LS7 powered Datsun 240Z driven by Matt Isbell.
      I am the series director and the link to our new website, which includes the rules, is in my signature, please ask any questions you may have and I'll try my best to answer them.

We would like to get even more cars involved in our race series for next season and our 2013 schedule is also on the website.
      At present we are only running this class in the Southeast Region, if you would like NASA to add it to your region contact the regional director and inquire, copy me if you like and I'll try to help if I can.

Thanks,
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com