Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Wow , this is awesome !!
      I would probably stay in DE for a while.
      Maybe move to TT later ..

How much is NASA membership ??
      And how much is DE or HPDE ???

I have a friend / customer that runs a 2001 Z06 in HPDE ( currently ).
      He says it's a blast ..
      He's really pushing me to join.
      He even said something about new members getting the first HPDE Session free ???
      Is that true ???
      FREE ???
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

Here is the link. http://nasa-se.com/

Use the left side bar to get info on HPDE, called DE for short.
      For costs click the right side event you're interested in and click into registration, that will show you the cost. The costs do vary per track. Tracks like CMP are less than Road Atlanta.

The first event free promo filled up quick and ended. But they do have a $100 off your first event promo code you can get from them by emailing or calling them.
      Use the contact section for that info.

Jeff, (or folks browsing) it's 45 bucks a year and includes a subscription to Grassroots Motorsports magazine (very good mag!). I've seen postings the past couple years for a deeply discounted HPDE day (once a year maybe) up in the mid atlantic area somewhere (VIR?). The NASA Southeast folks that run the events near you at Road Atlanta are very nice, and their HPDE 1 groups were run very well when I attended them there (4 days). Their classroom training was excellent and the "in car" instructors I had were very good.

I'm stoked , thanks guys !!
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

The June Jam at Road Atlanta is our first offical race with the new Vintage class.

If at all possible we would like for as many of you to come out and help get this new class going. We feel it should become a popular class for those with period correct cars as well as those with modified cars.
      We have found lap times are very similar no matter how the car is built.

NASA-SE puts on a great event, come out and join us at Road Atlanta at the June Jam. http://nasa-se.com/2010Jun18.php

With a valid comp license and your car meeting NASA safety and CCR specs you will be able to race.

But even you if do not have a car to race come out and support the cause, perhaps enter your car in the HPDE sessions and enjoy a NASA event at Road Atlanta. HPDE is not parade laps, you will get to drive your cars at speed on a Historic race track. Roughly an hour of track time each day.

Or just come watch and hang out, they're a great group to be around.
      Another way to get involved is to volunteer, NASA has a program to accrue track time by working the events, you get to learn the NASA system and work your way into a free event.

Contact me if you have any questions.

Gordon Slingerland
      NASA-SE Vintage Class director

Thanks Gordon !

So , it's June 18th-19th-and 20th ??
      Do they run HPDE and the Open Vintage Class all three days ??
      Or only certain days ???
      The schedule only lists HPDE1 on Saturday and Sunday , and "American Iron Vintage" on Saturday and Sunday.
      Are they calling the Open Vintage class "American Iron Vintage " ?
      Is there any racing on Friday ?? ( Just Checking )

And if someone wants to run , they have to register and pay in advance ,
      They can't just show up, register ,then pay and go racing the day of the event ??? Right ??

Is there an entry fee for spectators ???
      I don't see it on the event page ..
      Are spectators free ??

I'm just asking all these questions in case someone wants to know ...
      Last edited by JEFFTATE; 05-05-2010 at 09:49 AM.
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.

So , it's June 18th-19th-and 20th ?? Yes, all three days.

Do they run HPDE and the Open Vintage Class all three days ??
      Or only certain days ??? DE 3-4, Test and Tune, comp school and Enduro race is on Friday. Enduro starts a 3:00

The schedule only lists HPDE1 on Saturday and Sunday , Correct, HPDE 1-2 Sat-Sun only
      and "American Iron Vintage" on Saturday and Sunday. All races are run Sat-Sun except the Enduro. The Saturday racing Awards banquet is Saturday night, everyone is welcome including all DE. Free BBQ.

Are they calling the Open Vintage class "American Iron Vintage " ? Yes, we are under the American Iron Vintage Classification until we get the class settled in.
      Is there any racing on Friday ?? Mock race for comp school students, always fun to watch, and the Enduro race from 3:00-6:00

And if someone wants to run , they have to register and pay in advance , Definitely, HPDE fills up real fast at RA.
      If you have not run with NASA before you should register for HPDE-1, or contact them if you have experience from other sanctions.

They can't just show up, register ,then pay and go racing the day of the event ??? Right ?? Racing usually has openings on race weekend, but most register early. You must have a valid competition license to race.

HPDE will have a waiting list if you do not register early.
      It is extremely doubtful you'll get a DE spot within 2 weeks of the event. It's that popular.

Is there an entry fee for spectators ??? I think it's only $10

Hope to see you there.

I'm going to my first NASA HPDE on June 18th at Sebring.

Can't wait!

jp
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

When is the second race? June 18-20 coincides with our Motor State Challenge event at Gingerman in South Haven MI.
      /Steve

John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Man, I am jealous. You guya are going to have a great time!! I started my first DE in 2002 and worked my way into time trials by 2003. There is alot of fun to be had, but learn your equipment.

One major safety advise I have, Torque your lugs each and every time you go out on the track.

For tuning, pick up an air tank and a good tire pressure gauge so that you could tune tires for grip to your liking.

My tire pressures raised 6 lbs after each track sessions so if I wanted 37 lbs I'd adjust tire pressure to 31 lbs cold.

Have fun you lucky Ba@#$%^&!!

Gaetano Cosentino
      Dont Drive Faster Than Your Angels Can Fly

Got our most recent News letter, I noticed a $50 off coupon for your next event if you enter the the Savannah Sizzler at Roebling Road in Savannah GA, just stop by the NASA trailer on Sunday.
      Roebling is a good track for HPDE, nice long sweepers and a long straight to open it up.
      But also notice, they says Road Atlanta usually fills up, and it does. Live band, vendors, should be a great event.

http://campaign.constantcontact.com/...dOqjmo0o72k%3D

Link to RRR http://www.roeblingroad.com/trackarial.html

Hope to see some of you out at these events.

Hey Steve is this the event in Savannah that you were wanting people to come to? I remembered something from the Mitty you were talking about.

No, A lot of us will be at Gingerman that weekend. I wish the timing were different. So let's look further out: We should put our heads together and pick an HPDE date that works for us all. We don't all need to be at the same HPDE weekend at the same time, but it would be nice.

Go to the NASA South East website and check out the schedule. I see an October event at

http://nasa-se.com/

The NASA SE director will be here at my office in the next few days. I look forward to meeting and speaking with him.

Right now, the October Road Atlanta event looks best for me. It's far enough away that we can all clear our schedules. Anyone else wanna learn how to drive? We all have, or are building bad ass cars. Let's get some skills. You DO NOT need to have your pro touring car done to attend HPDE. Just a helmet and a safe daily driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Gitter Dun View Post
      I was hoping it was going to be more of a Time Trial thing. I dont feel like trading paint for position!!

You only "trade paint" when you run over somebody or somebody runs over you!

Maybe the "Vintage Spirit" that is in Vintage racing will follow this class.

In 12 years of Vintage racing the only things I have torn up are mechanical items and there has been a BUNCH of that!

Just like anything else if you run up front the chances of "tradin paint" are a greater. Sounds like a neat class and concept!
      Mike

Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

www.musclecardeals.com

It's time for the June Jam at Road Atlanta.

I hope some of you have registered, but even if you haven't you should come by and check out a NASA event to see what we're all about.

http://nasa-se.com/2010Jun18.php

Quote Originally Posted by ho428 View Post
      It's time for the June Jam at Road Atlanta.

I hope some of you have registered, but even if you haven't you should come by and check out a NASA event to see what we're all about.

http://nasa-se.com/2010Jun18.php

ah crap - I just saw this and its all full
      HPDE is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
      So much to learn......so much $$ to do so lol

Two events coming up you may want to sign up for.

August Hotlanta Challenge will run all classes including HPDE at Road Atlanta. You'll get the full NASA experience at this one.
      http://nasa-se.com/2010Aug06.php

September NCCAR event is an HPDE only, tons of track time. Perfect for first timers.
      http://nasa-se.com/2010Sep25.php

Register early to guarantee a spot.

Quote Originally Posted by ho428 View Post
      Two events coming up you may want to sign up for.

August Hotlanta Challenge will run all classes including HPDE at Road Atlanta. You'll get the full NASA experience at this one.
      http://nasa-se.com/2010Aug06.php

September NCCAR event is an HPDE only, tons of track time. Perfect for first timers.
      http://nasa-se.com/2010Sep25.php

Register early to guarantee a spot.
      I signed up for the hotlanta challenge
      HPDE is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
      So much to learn......so much $$ to do so lol

Cool.
      We'll see you there.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com