• Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Good Guys 1st Spring Nationals

Who's going? There also an autocross.

Here link: http://www.ggspringnats.com/

James W.
      1987 Oldsmobile

I cant wait! Dont forget Baer Brakes is having a open house on thursday from noon to 230pm. at there new location
      1973 C10,400sbc, Baer Brakes, 4 link,TOYO tires
      2010 Charger RT

I'm signed up to go and run, but I've run into a few issues getting the car ready. Rear is too low, watt's bars are too long, alternator not charging. You know, stuff like that.
      Jeff K.
      69 Camaro SS, 406 SBC, TKO600, 9" w/3.73 tru-trac, Speedtech Arms, AFX Spindles, Lee 670 Box, Baer GT front, C5Z rear. Hyperco Leafs w/ Fays2 Watts Link + Varishocks.

Quote Originally Posted by jknight16 View Post
      I'm signed up to go and run, but I've run into a few issues getting the car ready. Rear is too low, watt's bars are too long, alternator not charging. You know, stuff like that.
      oh man that sucks, get to work!!
      2010 Charger RT

Rear ride height and alternator I can fix, watt's bars being too long is a parts problem. Won't get the shorter bars until next week. I'm scheming how to fabricate some chromoly bars with threaded inserts though....
      Jeff K.
      69 Camaro SS, 406 SBC, TKO600, 9" w/3.73 tru-trac, Speedtech Arms, AFX Spindles, Lee 670 Box, Baer GT front, C5Z rear. Hyperco Leafs w/ Fays2 Watts Link + Varishocks.

I'll be there covering it with PHR and tearing up the autocross.

Quote Originally Posted by jknight16 View Post
      Rear ride height and alternator I can fix, watt's bars being too long is a parts problem. Won't get the shorter bars until next week. I'm scheming how to fabricate some chromoly bars with threaded inserts though....

you could proably get away with not having chromoly for one event I would think.
      2010 Charger RT

Turns out the rear ride height and watt's link is fixed, still no juice from the alternator. Oh well, the deep cycle will have to do it's job. I'm gonna be there and I'm gonna go around a turn or two come hell or high water!!!

Pics will follow, dammit!
      Jeff K.

cool, I will try and get some good pics also
      2010 Charger RT

I made it out there Saturday, did one slow run to learn the course and broke a rear shock in the process. At that point I was so tired from the prior two days we just went home.

I did learn that my car pushes like a dump truck, so I've got a lot of tuning to do.
      Jeff K.

Did you have a tilt front end and an L-88 scoop on your car? I can't tell from your picture.
      Z-28 has a built 383SBC. The heads are AFR 195 CNC ported with a 274 Solid Extreme Energy Cam. 1.6 rockers an Edelbrock RPM Air Gap intake and a 650 Holley carb. Turbo400 with a 10" ATI convertor 3200 Stall. 3.42 posi. Hotchkis springs/swaybar/UCA and Bilstein shocks.

Yep, that's the one.
      Jeff K.

Cool. I was talking to you about your brakes right before you ran. Nice ride. Goodluck getting it all set up. I kept laughing when the announcer was calling out the Mopar guys.
      Z-28 has a built 383SBC. The heads are AFR 195 CNC ported with a 274 Solid Extreme Energy Cam. 1.6 rockers an Edelbrock RPM Air Gap intake and a 650 Holley carb. Turbo400 with a 10" ATI convertor 3200 Stall. 3.42 posi. Hotchkis springs/swaybar/UCA and Bilstein shocks.

Oh yeah, good talking with you. If you have any other questions feel free to hit me up. (because clearly I'm an "expert" on this stuff, hahahah)
      Jeff K.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com