Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Paint Shops in northern cali

Im at the paint stage of my 69 camaro build am looking for a reputable place in northern california. Im just north of Sacramento but am able to go to the bay also if needed.

Im looking to have the trunk pan replaced as well as a DSE firewall smooth plate installed, then the rest of the body and paint finished.

I would like to find a shop that is willing to also help reassemble the front end after the drivetrain and other major components are installed. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks.
      Reiner
      1970 Camaro LS/t56 - Sold
      1969 Camaro LS/T56 - Sold
      1964 Nova - Current

Country Flag: United States

Paint Shop in N. Bay Area

I had my Camaro done by Absolute Customs in Petaluma

They do fabrication, assembly, and paint.
      I'm very satisfied with their work.

They have my 67 El Camino and 68 Nova there right now.
      Paul

call Jason at Gearhead Garage http://www.gearheadcars.com/
      Guy S.

68 Camaro LS1, T56, Forgeline WC3
      69 El Camino BBC 4spd A/C Cruise SOLD
      2012 Dodge Crewcab Diesel 4x4

Depending on where in N CA you are, Rooker's in Newcastle just did my buddies qtr panels on his 69 Camaro. Ray is a great guy to deal with and did an incredible job. When they finished ahead of shedule hebhad his guys skim coat and block the doors too even though that wasn't part of the price.

Highly recommend this guy. He blended in a hard to math color on my 70 Chevelle and didn't rape me. Been 2 years and still can't see where the blend begins and ends.
      Tim Tracy
      68 Camaro 496 / T56 - Never Finished
      68 Camaro Real Z/28 - Under Restoration
      67 Camaro Project - Never going to have time

I'm very happy with the paint work done by Ken's Custom Auto Body in Yuba City (near Sacramento). Even though I live in the SF Bay area, I believe it was worth taking my car to Ken's shop. One of the things I liked about his shop is, he works primarily on custom cars, not insurance jobs. Every time I visited his shop, there were many awesome rides... Cobra replicas, GT 40 replicas, classic Mustangs & Vettes, custom trucks, etc.

My car needed a lot of sheet metal replaced, and all told he had my car for 5 months.

It went from this...

to this...

If you're interested, check out this link for more info. http://www.streetrodpainter.com/ As you'll see he does a ton of Cobra replicas (~50-60 a year), but he did a great job on my Mustang.

If you do contact Ken, tell him Mike Garner referred you.
      67 fastback
      351w
      Baer brakes
      G-Force T5 trans
      9" rear w/3:50 gears & 31 spline axles
      Link
      Recently moved Salt Lake City from the SF Bay area.
      Looking forward to driving on the Miller Motorsports track this summer!

I had my car built at Gearhead Garage too. Great place.
      Mike

thanks for all the info. i will make some calls. Kens custom is pretty much across the street from and ive talked to him off and on.
      Reiner
      1970 Camaro LS/t56 - Sold
      1969 Camaro LS/T56 - Sold
      1964 Nova - Current

Newer shop that rocks

This is more for anyone that finds this thread, but a shop in NorCal that has been around for a couple of years now that does great work on things like the drivetrain and frontend is Classic Muscle in the Sacramento area. I have a couple of friends that had restoration work done there, and they were very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by lsxfirstgen View Post
      Im at the paint stage of my 69 camaro build am looking for a reputable place in northern california. Im just north of Sacramento but am able to go to the bay also if needed.

Im looking to have the trunk pan replaced as well as a DSE firewall smooth plate installed, then the rest of the body and paint finished.

I would like to find a shop that is willing to also help reassemble the front end after the drivetrain and other major components are installed. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by garner67 View Post
      I'm very happy with the paint work done by Ken's Custom Auto Body in Yuba City (near Sacramento). Even though I live in the SF Bay area, I believe it was worth taking my car to Ken's shop. One of the things I liked about his shop is, he works primarily on custom cars, not insurance jobs. Every time I visited his shop, there were many awesome rides... Cobra replicas, GT 40 replicas, classic Mustangs & Vettes, custom trucks, etc.

My car needed a lot of sheet metal replaced, and all told he had my car for 5 months.

It went from this...

to this...

If you're interested, check out this link for more info. http://www.streetrodpainter.com/ As you'll see he does a ton of Cobra replicas (~50-60 a year), but he did a great job on my Mustang.

If you do contact Ken, tell him Mike Garner referred you.
      I took my 89 C4 Corvette to Ken's for not only paint but, for some custom carbon fiber work. They were able to perfectly match my paint that was done 13-14 years ago.
      --
      Kenny Mitchell
      [email protected]

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com