Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 39 40 41 42 43 44
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by racin66coupe View Post
      I'm not a ford expert, but brakes are brakes, the bore will only change the pressure going to the brakes, so it doesn't really matter wether its disc or drum. However, if it was an original drum/drum master, it will have a residual pressure valve in it, which keeps a bit of pressure in the lines for the drum brakes. if you use a drum master with disc brakes, it will cause the brakes to drag and burn up. So, in short, if its a drum/drum master, no, it won't work with discs, you can buy a disc/drum master and it will work fine, or even a disc/disc master and put an inline residual pressure valve in the rear line for the drums..
      example of residual pressure valve for drum brakes:
      http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wi...FVQ8gQodmCYAnA
      Thanks for that...

I believe that the 74 Mavericks use a disk/drum manual MC, that's actually a little smaller bore (15/16") which I think should work even better than the 1". Thoughts?

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Thanks for that...

I believe that the 74 Mavericks use a disk/drum manual MC, that's actually a little smaller bore (15/16") which I think should work even better than the 1". Thoughts?

Andrew
      I don't honestly know too much about choosing bore size, I'm using stock style single piston disc/drum on my car and went with a 1" bore, mainly because they seem to be popular (corvette style), I haven't driven it much but it seems to be fine...

also, i apologize if I came across as an ass in the previous post, I didn't mean to!

Quote Originally Posted by racin66coupe View Post
      I don't honestly know too much about choosing bore size, I'm using stock style single piston disc/drum on my car and went with a 1" bore, mainly because they seem to be popular (corvette style), I haven't driven it much but it seems to be fine...

also, i apologize if I came across as an ass in the previous post, I didn't mean to!
      No offense taken at all. Thanks for the help!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Country Flag: Canada
      Get on here Wes, at least with a bike update!

Hey Wes, Hope everything is going well. Any updates?

Danny,
      1967 Mustang Coupe - I think I've built more tools\jigs than worked on the car???
      Build Thread: Project OCD

Quote Originally Posted by modmotor46 View Post
      Hey Wes, Hope everything is going well. Any updates?

Danny,
      Any news Wes?

Hey Guys,

I've been lurking for a while now. I must say its tough to spend soooo much time on a project and a community like this and then just walk away. As you see quite often here, people get deep into a project and then life derails it. I was skeptical of this early in my project as I'm known in my group of friends as the freak who does waaaay more in a day than I should.

But, alas, I had 2 little girls who require my time almost 1% as much as I require their time so I put most everything in life aside just so I could spend more time with them. We moved a couple of years ago so that they could be in a better part of town with good schools and families in the same demographic as us. Don't tell my wife this but I moved so I could build a big(ish) shop. Well, although my girls still young (4 and 6), they really enjoy hanging in the shop with me. I'm fortunate enough to be in the financial position to finally build my dream shop (ok, at 1/2 scale) so I can get back to work on Code Blue. We're just staring framing but this time I'm doing nothing further than being the general contractor (I did 100% of the last shop). I'm an Engineer/project manager at an oil and gas company and am used to managing 10's or hundreds of millions of dollars a year so GC'ing is childs play...

Anyway, my 24x70 shop should be up and functional early in Q1 with the number one focus being getting the mustang on the road. I've been collecting parts and such over the past couple of year so trust me that it'll move along quite quickly once I get back at it.

FYI, I was going into such withdrawal of driving something fast that I actually bought a C6 Corvette! I know, what kind of Pro-Touring guy buys a donor car?! LOL. It's been my daily driver and Autocross bi t ch for the past year and I've really been enjoying it. Friends give me a hard time for using a C6 as a daily commuter until I inform them that their minivan is worth more and gets worse mileage, LOL. As soon as we get a road course here, I'm turning it into a track only car.

Anyway, expect some garage pics and updates coming soon!

Cheers,

Wes

Great to hear from you finally!! I'm finally almost done with mine. Look forward to the updates.

Good to hear Wes. I been putting your old Tires/Rims to a work out on the 68, already had to get new rears.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Those rims are awesome !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by outrgus View Post
      Good to hear Wes. I been putting your old Tires/Rims to a work out on the 68, already had to get new rears.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Nice to hear!

Pics of the shop build then.

Just spent the last few hours reading this thread from start to finish! I must say that I am selfishly excited for a few things, the project is still ongoing, we are both in Calgary and we also have a bike problem! Definitely interested in having a look at the car when that shop is built. Wish I had space to built a shop that big...maybe when oil $ comes back one day!

Looking forward to seeing this wrapped up.

Ryan

Hey Ryan,

Shop and the rest of the addition are just about closed in. Once I get to that point I'll take the time to post up some pics and a bit about setup. Feel free to drop me a pm if you fell like just talking cars/bikes over a pint.

Cheers,

Wes

My beater for the interim:

https://goo.gl/photos/n3aaw8jeJaneuBbo7

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley J View Post
      My beater for the interim:

https://goo.gl/photos/n3aaw8jeJaneuBbo7
      Totally *not* a Mustang. Just pointing that out...
      chunger

'68 Ranchero 500
      '70 Cougar XR-7 Convertible
      '98 Mustang GT Convertible

Hey Wes, glad to see you're back at it. Can't wait to see the pics of the new shop.
      1967 Mustang Coupe - I think I've built more tools\jigs than worked on the car???
      Build Thread: Project OCD

I just went through all 44 pages. I'm now stuck waiting for the "next season" of code blue....It's been nearly 6 years though

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 39 40 41 42 43 44

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com