Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      lets see pics of the cafe racer ! last year i took time off my mustang and built a vintage harley chopper lol

1965 mustang fastback. a pro-touring concoction of oem, race & custom fab...build thread here https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...Racesteed-quot
      1975 harley ironhead custom long chopper. home built dream machine. fast, loud & beautiful

WOW, over a year since an update, I hope all is well.
      Jeff

73 Mustang Convertible

Hey Guys,

More of the same, I've been sidelined by bikes and family. We moved to a new home so I'm knee deep in renos (I'm a woodworker as well so building furniture and builtins has kept me busy...). But, I'm about to embark on building a real shop. Its going to be 24x70 so I'll be able to get some real machines as well as get stuff organized and not have to move 3 tools to use one. We're currently renting our other place but I'm not renting the garage so its status quo over there.. Just got back from our midwinter motorcycle trip to the southern US so that means my garage is empty, except the Mustang. Who knows, i may actually get back to work on it...

Anyway, thanks for the kind words and I'll post back here as soon as I come up for air.

Cheers,

Wes

Hey Guys,

Well it seems you guys rattled my cage enough that it woke me from my slumber. Not sure if you recall but I had a nightmare dealing with SeanHylandmotorsports.com when I ordered my Coyote and all the associated giblets. Well, after posting this morning I rattled his cauge and it apprears that he is actually going to ship me the power steering pump I paid for a couple of years ago!

So, here's to hoping that this motivates me to get back at 'er!

Cheers,

Wes

Country Flag: Canada
      Good to hear they're making it right... I bought some parts from Sean himself outside of the business last summer, he was supposed to get back to me about a couple missing pieces and I haven't been able to get a response from him since!

Glad you're still around! Mine is finally getting painted!! Hope to see some updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley J View Post
      Hey Guys,

Well it seems you guys rattled my cage enough that it woke me from my slumber. Not sure if you recall but I had a nightmare dealing with SeanHylandmotorsports.com when I ordered my Coyote and all the associated giblets. Well, after posting this morning I rattled his cauge and it apprears that he is actually going to ship me the power steering pump I paid for a couple of years ago!

So, here's to hoping that this motivates me to get back at 'er!

Cheers,

Wes
      Good luck, I hope he comes thru for you. I had a good friend that worked there, and it ended badly for him.

73 Maverick Grabber Project

My never ending project:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...hlight=grabber

OMFG the devil must be freezing his a55 off, I have a power steering pump! Woot!

I've been cleaning and organizing the shop so I can get back to work. Should be back to actual fab work by the weekend. Ordered up another set of 9" big bearing housing ends so I can build my diffy for a second time... Off to get a donor from the wrecker this weekend.

Wesley J

Welcome back Wes!

Your stang has been PMing us in your hiatus. We're just the messengers telling you it missed you. Congrats on the pump!
      Stephen S.
      1967 Ford Mustang 4.7L, T5

so as a filler until your next car update, can we see that cafe racer plz ?
      1965 mustang fastback. a pro-touring concoction of oem, race & custom fab...build thread here https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...Racesteed-quot
      1975 harley ironhead custom long chopper. home built dream machine. fast, loud & beautiful

Par for the course, as far as SHM goes. I'm surprised you got the pump,

Quote Originally Posted by bikefreak600 View Post
      Will do. I've got a project going on at the office that has me working 24 hours a day, literally. I hope to spend a bunch of time at the shop this weekend and the cafe/custom will be getting move to the garage at the new place for space reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by bikefreak600 View Post
      List of stuff to do on the Cafe/custom:
      - build caliper mount
      - wire the bike
      - rear fender mod/tail light mount
      - build seat pan
      - build exhaust - I'm building a stainless exhaust and single can that goes under the bike in front of the rear wheel where the center stand is

Name:  TX750.jpg
Views: 2821
Size:  322.8 KB

Got the shop all cleaned up and ready to go. Unfortunately had a bunch of stuff stolen out of my alley that I had set outside. It's been VERY cold here (-40 to -50C or -58F) so I slid the stuff out the door. Once I went outside to put it into my truck a little while later, poof, it was gone... That has also kept me from getting a diffy from the wrecker. The weather is set to turn around this weekend and we'll get in the high teens Celcius (65F). Wow, a 65 degree celcius (or 123 F) swing in a week. Just aweful...

Wes

NEGATIVE 58F??? You know there are warmer place you can move to right???

It was in the single digits (F) for two days here in January and the whole city was worried. We didn't even have snow!!

Bike looks great! Glad you're still alive and wrenching!
      Stephen S.
      1967 Ford Mustang 4.7L, T5

that sucks, sorry to hear about the parts that walked off.

Jeff -- 96 Mustang - 2V Stroked Modular Turbo // 13 RAPTOR // 67 Mustang Fastback build - Coyote 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by MSTSFabbed View Post
      NEGATIVE 58F??? You know there are warmer place you can move to right???

It was in the single digits (F) for two days here in January and the whole city was worried. We didn't even have snow!!

Bike looks great! Glad you're still alive and wrenching!
      Ya, its not fun at all. We once went from -17C (0F) to 20C (70F) in less than 12 hours. Our climate sux

Quote Originally Posted by Dalamar View Post
      that sucks, sorry to hear about the parts that walked off.
      It was actually 2 duffle bags, one with work gear and the other with motorcycle gear. $5k worth of stuff.... For fox sakes...

damn thiefs. hope carma catches up to them... anyways, the bike looks great. will be a fun ride !

So...I've got to say, its taken me almost an entire day to read through this thread (even though I skimmed through much of the discussion lol), and...wow. I initially found the link in another thread as a reason not to go with the fatman fab front end setup. I was researching strut front end builds and to this point hadn't been able to find someone who'd used the exact setup of parts that I intended to use (basically fox coilover struts and late SN95 spindles) outside of a kit. My car is currently street/strip oriented and is through necessity losing the upper control arms. That said, one of my loves is canyon driving (I love a well handling car, and owned a Daytona 675 for too long not to appreciate a hard cornering vehicle!), and it would be nice to change a couple of settings, throw on different wheels, and hit an auto-x or take a tour up north with the thing.

Anyhow, my main questions are in regards to the initial setup you used before you redid the...well, pretty much the entire car, lol. Does the Fatman kit you used come up through the stock shock mount hole? I saw the pictures of your initial kit, and I know it uses caster/camber plates that I'd have to fab...but basically I'm wondering if the stock upper mount location (or thereabouts) is sufficiently located for the strut to work properly. The other question is in regards to the lower control arm and the resultant track width. Does the spindle end up in/around the factory location of the original spindle? I'm planning on doing something a little different than the Fatman setup, or any other than I've been able to find...in that I'm going to retain my strut rods (at least for the first year of driving it, and they'll be converted to a tubular setup with heims), and the single beam lower control arm (also tubular/heim mounted) with the factory mount location...on which I'll run an SN95 taper/size screw in ball joint. I'm trying to get a rough estimate on the length of control arm I'll need so I don't waste a ton of money on parts trying to figure it out.

Anyhow, thank you in advance, and again...wow lol. The level of creativeness (tempered with some common sense!) and fabrication skills here is far beyond that of an average enthusiast. My hat's off to you sir. I have been inspired .

Cris

Oh, also...here's a couple pictures of exactly WHY the shock towers must go...lol:

The lower chalk line is the plane that the upper control arm mounts to. Notching these shock towers just ain't gonna cut it .

Thanks again!

C.

Bringing this thread up from the dead...Need updates...

I also have a question for the Ford experts in here. I am converting my 67 Cougar to disk brakes in the front but keeping drums in the rear. The brakes will be manual. Is there any reason I can't use the stock 1" bore MC with the disk brakes?

Sorry for the hijack, but I figured this is a targeted audience.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Bringing this thread up from the dead...Need updates...

I also have a question for the Ford experts in here. I am converting my 67 Cougar to disk brakes in the front but keeping drums in the rear. The brakes will be manual. Is there any reason I can't use the stock 1" bore MC with the disk brakes?

Sorry for the hijack, but I figured this is a targeted audience.

Andrew
      I'm not a ford expert, but brakes are brakes, the bore will only change the pressure going to the brakes, so it doesn't really matter wether its disc or drum. However, if it was an original drum/drum master, it will have a residual pressure valve in it, which keeps a bit of pressure in the lines for the drum brakes. if you use a drum master with disc brakes, it will cause the brakes to drag and burn up. So, in short, if its a drum/drum master, no, it won't work with discs, you can buy a disc/drum master and it will work fine, or even a disc/disc master and put an inline residual pressure valve in the rear line for the drums..
      example of residual pressure valve for drum brakes:
      http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wi...FVQ8gQodmCYAnA

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com